“Decent hotel for a fair price...”

Quality Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Alberta
“Decent hotel for a fair price...”
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I found the Quality Inn West Harvest to be clean and well kept. I stayed here primarily because of location, as I was attending a meeting at the hotel. I stayed in a standard room with 1 Queen bed, and it was roomy and comfortable furnished. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and even called the room about an hour after I checked in to see if I was satisfied. The amenities are fine, although many other hotels in this price range and area of the city offer a Continental breakfast, and a fridge in the standard rooms. My one real complaint is that the WiFi signal was very weak and unreliable - perhaps because I was at the very end of a long hallway? Overall, if you are looking for a very basic accomodation at a reasonable price, I'd recommend this hotel, but it is worth a look around the surrounding area to find one that offers a bit "more".

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank DizzyWhirled
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, May 27, 2010
The Quality Inn West Harvest is a full service hotel unlike many of the hotels in the area who do not have restaurants. Our restaurant features breakfast specials on weekdays and weekend specials include a Saturday Breakfast Buffet and Sunday Brunch. We offer and Bed and Breakfast rate and check out our Special Offers on our website.

Wireless Internet is not as reliable as ethernet and can be affected at different times by different things. This hotel is a concrete build so the signal can be weak at the end of the hallway. The hotel has several options for our guests who are having issues with the internet and our front desk is always happy to help. We have a Business Centre where you can hook your laptop directly to the internet or use our computer and printer.

If you are having problems give the front desk a call they may just need to refresh the IP addresses or if occupancy allows move you to another room where you get a stronger signal.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Cold Lake
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This is a great hotel for the money and the location is great. The room was large and modern. Friendly front desk staff were courteous and warm.

I have one small issue. I forgot an item in the room and called to request it be shipped to me. I travel extensively for my job, and I have forgotten other items in hotel rooms and had them shipped to be. The difference is the other hotels have paid for the shipping; not this one. I guess I expected too much; I thought that hotels paying for the shipping of lost and found items was just good business. I paid 17.49 to have a 10.00 alarm clock shipped to me. What a let down!

I don't think I will be back to this establishment.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
I appreciate the comment this guest has made regarding their stay and really hope that that will not keep them from visiting us again in the future.

It is surprising how many people do forget items in the rush to get going. We have had everything from diamond rings to wedding dresses left behind. One guest forgot their whole suitcase. We have a rubbermaid container full of cell chargers left behind. We do our very best to find items left behind by our guests and are happy to hold them until their next visit or we will send them back COD through Canada Post. If an alarm cost cost $17.49 to mail imagine what a full suitcase or wedding dress would cost.

I would encourage everyone reading this review to take an extra moment to double check the drawers, night table and bathroom including the shower to make sure they have not forgotten something important. We do not build in a rates for our guestrooms for forgotten items as some hotels do.

A helpful hint to those of you who are travelling and forgot your cell charger check with the front desk or housekeeping more than likely they can help you out by either giving you or loaning you a charger during your stay.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 14, 2010

We recently had to travel to Edmonton for a funeral, and were surprised to find that many nearby hotels were sold out. With some reluctance, I booked two adjoining rooms at the Quality Inn West Harvest. Upon arrival, however, we were surprised and delighted to find that this hotel is a quiet gem in West Edmonton: only a short drive from the Mall, surrounded by restaurants and amenities, and easy to get to.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms updated with new linens and other upgrades, the granite countertops in the bathrooms were immaculately clean. Indeed, I had to move the small sofa in our room and was surprised to find that the floor beneath it was just as clean as the rest of the room.

No, it's not the Ritz. If you're looking for a high-end boutique hotel then look somewhere else. But if you're looking for a clean, well-maintained, recently updated hotel in a good location for a good price with friendly and helpful staff, the Quality Inn West Harvest is the place to go.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bigdeer
The Quality Inn West Harvest was the recipient of the Alberta Hotel and Lodging Association's 2010 Award for Excellence. This award is given after being inspected for cleanliness and maintenance. We received this award in 2008 as well and hope to receive it again this year. Our housekeeping and maintenance staff take pride in what they do and know that our guests expect a clean room and well maintained room.

We are delighted that our guest was pleasantly surprised and we will endeavor to continue to offer "our best" service each and every time they return.
Airdrie, AB
Reviewed February 10, 2010

We (myself, husband and 14 month old daughter) spent the day at West Edmonton Mall, ended up staying later than expected and decided not to drive home. We had a verbal booking across the street at another hotel but upon arriving did not like the look of the hotel. The Quality Inn looked inviting and upon running in to check rates was very affordable for a last minute place to stay.
The front desk staff were absolutely fabulous from the get go. They were able to locate a room for us where we could get a sleeping child in from the car without fuss and were even able to sell me a few bottles of milk (which we had run out of being at the mall all day). This definately was a great serviced hotel.
I don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel so clean, my husband (ex brittish army) were amazed that the hotel itself smelt like a hospital upon entry.
Reaction time from the front desk staff was nice in the event of an emergency - Our daughter was playing with the phone while we were packing up - and left it off the hook for a couple minutes. The front desk were quick to call the room to make sure everything was ok.
The rooms were simple but I did enjoy the bed spreads, they did not choose typicalpink and green tapestry bedspreads but opted for a more modern black microfiber spread that was very warm! The bathroom had a nice large shower with granite countertops and was reoomy enough for all of us!
We will DEFINATELY stay in this hotel for our upcoming trips to the mall and other edmonton attractions 5+ star rating from our family.
Thank you staff at Quality Inn West Harvest - you made travelling with a child very pleasing.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
The staff and management of the Quality Inn West Harvest work very hard to make sure that all our guests leave here happy. We do everything we can within our power to make their stay as comfortable, convenient and happy as possible.

The last 3 years have seen extensive renovations to all of our 159 guest rooms, meeting rooms, and public facilities. We understand that our guest works hard for their money and wants a clean comfortable room. We also appreciate the fact that our guest chooses to spend their hard earned money by staying at our hotel. It is our pleasure to have you as our guest.
Victoria, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2009

Good place to stay, close to everything (eg West Ed Mall!!) rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. Good shuttle bus to airport service. Staff were very helpful, took a week break to mexico while travelling in canada and they held our luggage for us for the week! Fantastic! Nice little bar downstairs

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
The staff and management of the Quality Inn West Harvest know that the most important things to our guests is a good sleep and a clean room. All of our beds have been replaced in the last year with great new mattresses and boxsprings and the concrete construction of the hotel makes it more soundproof so you are less likely to be wakened.

Our restaurant specializes in "good food". Our soups are made fresh daily and are always good and hearty. Our staff take their jobs very seriously and do their best to make sure our guests are well looked after.
lloydminster
Reviewed January 29, 2009

i was an out of town surgery patient so i chose to stay at this hotel for the location and it was the most cost effective hotel in the area. at this hotel i was able to sleep without any noise distractions, my wake-up call was precise and the staff were extremly curtious and polite. I dined at the resturaunt and the food was fantastic, and the service the same. i would definetly stay at this hotel again and would and have recommended it to others.

• Stayed January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary
Reviewed January 23, 2009

We were very impressed with the size and cleanliness of the rooms. It looks like they have done some renovations recently, and are in the progress of doing even more. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location and easy to get to.

• Liked — Clean rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, January 27, 2009
We really appreciate when our guests take time to write a review whether it is good or bad it helps us to determine where we are doing a good job and where we are failing.

As this guest has written there have been many changes, some in progress and more to come. We are listening to what you have to say and we look forward to serving you again in the future.