“Exactly what we needed for a 1 night stay”

Quality Inn West Edmonton
Ranked #43 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Exactly what we needed for a 1 night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Purpose of our trip - went for a quick getaway for 1 night to meet family at West Ed Mall.

Location - Super close to the mall (about a 3 min drive), which is exactly what we needed. Note - It is quite a ways from downtown and it's amenities.

Surrounding Area - There was enough in the near vicinity to satisfy most types of demands (shopping, fast food, sit down restaurant, etc) but I would recommend a car. Again...if you want high end you will want to stay closer to downtown.

Amenities - we did not have time to try any of the amenities so can't comment, but the room did have a microwave and a fridge, which was great for us because we did have a small child with us.

Staff - check in staff was very friendly and efficient. There was an event in town so there was a lot of teenagers that weekend and, because we had a child, she placed us as far away as she could to offer some quiet. We did not hear any of the action so that was very nice of her to offer.

Room - Average in size but with great amenities. I always take note of the shower and it was nice but I did have to duck a bit to wash my hair (I am 6'0" tall) but i am used to that. Overall we found it clean. I also liked the new remote that gets cleaned daily...it was a nice touch.

If going to the mall, I would stay here again. If going to a sporting event or something else, I would consider closer or in downtown.

Thanks for reading...hoped it helped...safe travels

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CanadaTravelGuy_9
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review not only of the hotel but the area, etc..
We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience here and we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

we came to Edmonton to drop family off at airport stayed because flight was very early. excellent service friendly staff best bed and pillows we have had in a while was clean reasonable price we will come back again. was close to CORAS best place for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank rachel q
Thank you so much for your kind words and great review! We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel with great decor. The room is bright and cheery with all the right extras; fridge, microwave, iron, board, hair dryer.
The upgrade to a king room was an added bonus. With the attached restaurant, unfortunately, breakfast is not included. Still, all In all, it's a good deal and I will be coming back.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Tombassinger
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and yes we are a full service hotel so unlike the Express or Limited Service hotels we do not include free breakfast. We do however offer a $10.00 food voucher per room per day when you book "The Best Available Rate" with no discounts through the hotel.

The food voucher allows you to eat whenever you want and the food is fresh!
High Level, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We drove down from up north ( 8hour drive) check in was nice & quick. We were traveling with two dogs, nice " pet friendly" wing they have, close to the exit. Room was clean and ready for us. We stayed two nights, cleaning lady was awesome. I told her what I needed and she was very happy to help. We received two $10 off coupons for the restaurant in the hotel. Went for breakfast the first morning, it was very good & quick. Good price. The restaurant is very clean & has a very nice atmosphere. We went for dinner the next night- and this is where my review changes direction. I loved the hotel experience, the accommodations were great. Great location, everything we needed. BUT that night for dinner at the restaurant left me very unhappy. The host/waiter was very rude. From the second we waked in until we left. Doesn't take a lot to make us happy food wise, we aren't picky. I don't like to complain either, but I was very displeased. I ordered a vegetarian Panini with a garden salad. The Panini was so-so, my salad had a piece of raw fish in it. No one at our table ordered fish, I wasn't too grossed out. I just wanted another salad, I told the waiter- he was very short with me. Not only did he not apologize but he acted as if I was inconveniencing him for asking for another salad. We paid, did not tip. I don't like to not tip, but the whole experience was awful. We did not eat there the rest of our stay, which is unfortunate for us, with 3 children it would have been easier to just eat there. Good place, but next time we come to Edmonton, I will be staying else where. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jasmin P
Thank you for your comments. I am very disappointed to hear that your evening dining experience in the restaurant was unacceptable.

I can assure you that I will be sharing this with my evening servers so that they see the impression they left with you and now those reading this review.

This is not the experience we want you to have and I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again!
Sechelt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 weeks and sheets have not been changed once. Has become a game in the evening to see if tea stain still on sheets when we come back to room
Lazy cleaners , minimum attendance had to ask for soaps one day, how can they forget to leave amenities in a room?
Left dirty towels in bath one day , came home and room had not even been cleaned , management said we had do not disturb sign on door at 3 pm when cleaners left. Not true folks .
Hotel staff seem nice ,think its time to change the cleaners though

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Lorraine L
Very sorry to hear this guest was not happy. Our staff work very hard but there are times especially when it is busy that things get missed. We also do not touch or move guest items to clean we will clean around them. If something is left on the bed we don't make the bed.

Long term stays are different than one or two days. Sheets are changed once a week and we encourage our guests to reuse their towels as you do at home to help save the environment. Lower rates are generally applied to these rooms with the understanding that amenities, services, etc.. are limited. Our housekeepers will not enter a room if the Do Not Disturb sign is on the room. If it is the time is noted and the executive housekeeper will check to see if it is still on before staff leave for the day. Generally no housekeeping after 3:00 to 3:30 pm. If you have placed the sign on your door but would still like service please call the front desk prior to staff leaving so we can get your room refreshed. The housekeepers generally do not go back to that room during their shift to see if the sign is off.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I've been going to this hotel for many years (15+ yrs). My mom and I used to go in the mid-late '90's for girl trips. It was a great hotel to stay in, it was extremely close to West Edmonton Mall and every where else we wanted to go. A few years ago I went again with my sister for a weekend, it was still as I remembered. They have maintained it well over the years. I recently just went to Edmonton with my boyfriend and we decided to stay an extra night, our first night we stayed at a different hotel. We booked a room at the last minute for 1 night. Again, I was not disappointed. They have renovated it over the years and have maintained it extremely well. Not once in the times I have gone did I ever think what a dive, they need to renovate or I will never come here again. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janine C
GeneralManagerWHE, General Manager at Quality Inn West Edmonton, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you so much for not only the wonderful review but for your continued loyalty to this hotel. We love guests such as yourself and we hope you will continue to love coming here!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed two nights, room was clean and ok for the price, just a standard - nothing overly special.
Didn't have much contact with staff except two during late night, it was ok, I've had better friendlier customer service but they weren't rude.
I'd stay again for location and price.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review we appreciate that you took time out of your busy schedule to do it. We hope the next time you stay with us we will make you feel that we are better than just OK we want to be Great!