“Disgusting dump”

Travelodge Edmonton West
Ranked #73 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed December 15, 2008

We checked in at 1pm and could not stay there past 5pm! It was terrible, the halls were dingy, in our first room the deadbolt didnt work on the door, the door jam was busted, very tiny and not clean at all! The carpet was digusting, the mattress/boxspring was falling apart, It was -35 below and the air conditioning unit was not insulated-you could literally see outside through the cracks! We were freezing! I demanded being moved to another room and found the same dinginess, the freezing air was traveling through the air conditioner, the sheets had other peoples hair-I doubt they were ever washed, AND THE TOILET WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT CLEANED! Disgusting!!!!. We were NOT going to stay there so we packed up and went to the Front desk, we told them we could not take the hotel and we were freezing! The desk clerk said my credit card would not be charges because we were only there for 4 hours...I'll be checking my credit card to make sure I was not charged! The clerk did not even fully ask why we were leaving. DO NOT WASTE A DIME THERE!!!

Stayed: December 2008

Reviewed November 14, 2008

I booked this place sight unforseen through another website and did not know about tripadvsor. The place is run down, carpets were dirty and the air conditioner was so noisey I had to turn it off. There were beer cans in the stair ways and the place seemd it was very tired and needed to be knocked down for a new place. On succeeding trips to Edmonton other hotels were recommending to people not to stay here and I dont blame them one bit at all. I won't stay here at all ever again.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed November 13, 2008

When we walked in to our suite I said to my husband right away that if there were going to bed bugs in a room, this would be it. We had a room that allowed for our dog to join us, and at first we thought that perhaps the room was dirty because it was a pet room. After reading other reviews I realized our room was really no exception. Though I looked, and looked for signs of bed bugs and did not find any, there was a white powder along the base of the walls. We brought all of our clothing home in garbage bags, and washed everything, including our dog once home. I have been seriously praying that we didn't bring any unwanted bugs home with us. We would have moved to another hotel in a heartbeat but everything was booked throughout Edmonton due to a rodeo thing. I would NEVER stay there again, and I was relieved to leave the place. As it is I have noticed bites from something on myself and my children. I sure hope they are remnants only from that room, and the pests stayed there.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank homeisbestCalgary
Reviewed October 5, 2008

As a business traveller I booked the hotel sight unseen . While I requested a non-smoking room, the smell of smoke was prevelant in the hallways and elevator. The hotel seems dingy and tired. The room itself was very outdated and it looked like it had been years since being refurbished. I would call it less than basic and its' clenliness doubtful. I was supposed to stay for 5 nights and left after one. The front desk was not even interested enough to ask why I was departing early.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and it was the worst experience I'ever had at a hotel! I knew as soon as we walked up to the front door that it was a big mistake.. There were very sketchy people outside the door that I am sure were all on drugs. It seemed like there were a lot of drunk people hanging around the lounge and I'm pretty sure that a lot of them actually live at this hotel.. Yuck!! The smell is overwelming and the hotel itself is dirty and very outdated. I wouldn't even let my children take there shoes off in the room because of how dirty it was. Never again will I waste my money on a travelodge.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2008

I was given a room that was infested by bedbugs. I stayed in the room the first night. The second night a friend who was an experienced traveler suggested I check for bedbugs. I took the headboard off the wall and saw a disgusting and large number of bedbugs. I went to reception and demanded another room. They were unconcrned and only after loud and continued demands did they give me another room. Three days after staying in this room my bites began to show, well over 100. I have thrown away all my lugage and clothing. Had my laptop cleaned and arrived home with the clothes on my back praying they did not dome with me.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed September 15, 2008

Stayed in room 228 the week of September 08-13, on business & was absolutely horrified. If I were not a new employee with my company, I would have called my travel department & demanded they move me to a new hotel immediately upon arrival!

Hotel & room were very run-down, dirty & old. Ceilings sagged, paint chipping, linens were dirty, window opens only one or two inches, a/c unit was very loud, tv was old, etc...

Front desk staff were rude & short each time I had any dealings with them.

Hallways were full of loud drunks staggering around all evening, every evening. Dirty, poor beggars hung around front of hotel scrounging for cigarette butts in the ashtrays & on ground.

Positive: lots of restaurants in vicinity- Red Lobtser, The Keg, Moxie's + all the fast food brands you could want/ expect. No other positives.

Can't say much else except to urge you to consider ANY other lodging besides this rat trap. Had some meetings at the Best Western hotel directly across street & it seemed much nicer. Also a Hilton Garden Suites & a Comfort Inn close-by. Do yourself a favour & avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank sensfantoronto