“Disgusting”

Travelodge Edmonton West
Ranked #69 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed July 28, 2008

I was shocked by the condition this hotel was in. When we first walked in I wondered if there was any point in having reserved a non-smoking room since the overwhelming odor of smoke saturated every surface of the dingy hallways. People loitering in the lobby and staggering drunk down the halls gave the appearance that "accommodation" was not the only industry this hotel was involved in.
I hoped to at least find a clean room but when we opened our door with the key card given to us at the front desk and found the room already occupied, It was enough. We walked out and spent the next hour driving around Edmonton at 1 AM looking for a hotel that had an available room. Our experience with
Travelodge was disgusting and I now advise family and friends to avoid Travelodge Hotels all together. After all we obviously cant rely on the neat and tidy pictures on the website. If that's not false advertising I don't know what is.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank phenelia

Reviewed July 25, 2008

i stayed at this hotel just a couple of weeks and i just dont want to recommend this hotel to the travellers. this hotel isnt safe at all. it is stink, elevator is making a big noise, no hot water and smells smoke all over the hotel. also hotel is very old even its been renovated.... pls dont stay at this hotel !!!!

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 1, 2008

Hotel is very old and run down. Elevator creaked, Carpet was stained, Sink had a crack in it, Sink was partially clogged, Bed was comfortable, pool was a little scuzzy looking, and hotel staff were mediocre at best.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Went for a tournament so Edmonton was really booked up. This hotel is not as bad as some of the reviewers make it sound, so I thought I'd add my bit here. It is older, and a bit worn but has newer hallway carpets and some renos. have been done.
The staff were very pleasant, our rooms were clean, beds were new (although double size is kind of short). Our bathroom tap was a bit wonky but still worked.
If you need a microwave & fridge, then ask for it when you book the room; they go fast.
The small conference room was just right size for our group.
The only bad smell was from some 'guest' who insisted in smoking in the back stairwell - thanks from all of us!

If you're looking for luxury, this isn't it, but it was just fine for a place to crash for the night.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 9, 2008

Where do I start?

1. Smoking was permited on Non-smoking floors.
2. Pool was non-functioning, it was empty and the did not have any baracades around to pool for safety.
3. Microwave did not work.
4. Fridge did not work.
5. Not enough towels.
6. Service was slow.
7. The hotel was filthy and dirty.
8. Rooms were noisy.
9. My complaints to the staff gained me a free movie but nothing more.
10. My complaints to the Travelodge Company gained me a 30% discount towards my next stay at the Travelodge.

Fat chance I will ever stay with this establishment again. Don't waste your money staying at this hotel. Find the local hostel or campground because you'll get better quality accomodations. I was sorely disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank hoolio123
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Just returned from Edmonton, we were there for my daughter's soccer tournament, our room were reserved as a block for the team. We have been to Edmonton many times for tournaments, and could not get a block of rooms anywhere that we had stayed previously, so we booked at the Travelodge, based on it's close proximity to to the West Edmonton Mall. I read the reviews before we left, and was thinking of looking for alternate accomodations, but it's very dificult to find a hotel in Edmonton when there is any sort of tournament going on.
We booked two rooms,one for the girls and one for my husband and I. On the positive side, they did give us adjoining rooms, but the rooms were in terrible condition-the wall were full of stains and holes, the carpets were filthy, and the rooms had a strange smell. We were two rooms away from the elevator and the sound of it was a constant, irritating sound all day and night. For some reason, they cancelled our room keys on Saturday, and we had to go to the lobby to get them reactivated. The girls room was not cleaned on Saturday. The pools were murky looking, and the hot tub was not working. There was a group of people staying in the hotel and the children and teen agers were running around the halls until late at night and first thing in the morning.
It was all in all an unpleasant experience, we will never stay at a Travelodge again, especially this one.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed March 2, 2008

Before I stayed at this hotel I read the reviews and was a little scared. But I had a wonderful time. Everywhere I wanted to go was in 5 mins driving distance. My room was small but clean, it isnt a 5 star hotel, but for what it is it was wonderful. The housekeeping staff was especially friendly, more so then the front desk, but they were still ok. We went without our 2 children but after our stay have already decided were going back and bringing the kids along. The pool, hot tub and waterslide were wonderful. There were kids everywhere and before I checked out we met sleepy bear LOL. Very neat for the kids. Thanks Travelodge for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple