“Never again!”

Travelodge Edmonton West
Ranked #70 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Just returned from Edmonton, we were there for my daughter's soccer tournament, our room were reserved as a block for the team. We have been to Edmonton many times for tournaments, and could not get a block of rooms anywhere that we had stayed previously, so we booked at the Travelodge, based on it's close proximity to to the West Edmonton Mall. I read the reviews before we left, and was thinking of looking for alternate accomodations, but it's very dificult to find a hotel in Edmonton when there is any sort of tournament going on.
We booked two rooms,one for the girls and one for my husband and I. On the positive side, they did give us adjoining rooms, but the rooms were in terrible condition-the wall were full of stains and holes, the carpets were filthy, and the rooms had a strange smell. We were two rooms away from the elevator and the sound of it was a constant, irritating sound all day and night. For some reason, they cancelled our room keys on Saturday, and we had to go to the lobby to get them reactivated. The girls room was not cleaned on Saturday. The pools were murky looking, and the hot tub was not working. There was a group of people staying in the hotel and the children and teen agers were running around the halls until late at night and first thing in the morning.
It was all in all an unpleasant experience, we will never stay at a Travelodge again, especially this one.

• Stayed: March 2008

Reviewed March 2, 2008

Before I stayed at this hotel I read the reviews and was a little scared. But I had a wonderful time. Everywhere I wanted to go was in 5 mins driving distance. My room was small but clean, it isnt a 5 star hotel, but for what it is it was wonderful. The housekeeping staff was especially friendly, more so then the front desk, but they were still ok. We went without our 2 children but after our stay have already decided were going back and bringing the kids along. The pool, hot tub and waterslide were wonderful. There were kids everywhere and before I checked out we met sleepy bear LOL. Very neat for the kids. Thanks Travelodge for a wonderful stay!!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2008

We booked this hotel because of the Shoppers Special for West Edmonton Mall. We got our 3rd night free and 4 passes to the mall. The hotel itself is very run down and does not feel clean. There were hairs in our bed and the beds were not comfortable. The room was not very clean and my son was drawing pictures in the dust on the dressor. We did not get very good service from the desk when stating some issues with the room and our laptop only received enough signal to work if you sat in the doorway. I would never stay there again and felt bad that I booked this hotel for our family of 11.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2007

I booked this hotel through TripRewards.com and found a cheaper rate at Skoosh.com, so I filled in the online rate guarantee form at TripRewards, and less than 10 hours later, they gave me the night free. All the bad reviews almost scared us away from staying there, even if it was free. We weren't expecting much, but were pleasantly surprised. OK it's not a Delta, and our room was small, but it was clean enough and quiet too. The bed was comfy and the window opened. The pool smelled very bleachy, but it was full of happy kids. We didn't use it. It's a short drive to West Edmonton Mall - too far to walk though. The front staff were very friendly and helpful, and smiled even though we didn't pay a dime!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2007

I have stayed at Travelodge Hotels before, and never had the experience that I did here.

The entire stay was horrible from the very start. The elevator made such horrible screeching sounds I was creeped out just getting on.

The hallways were filthy, the carpets stained beyond cleaning.

The room was filthy, dirty carpets, the sheets were dirty, and the SMELL was so bad I felt physically ill. The tub stopper didn't work, the bathroom cabinet was falling apart!

Here's the kicker, the staff at the front desk wouldn't even acknowledge my complaints!! (They are probably used to them) I will never stay at this DUMP again. They should have paid ME to stay there.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Have spent a considerable amount of time visiting around Edmonton, and many nights in other Travelodge properties - this was easily the worst we've ever booked at. Tiny rooms (beds jammed up against walls), stained carpets, peeling paint, torn window screens - this is a property to be avoided. Makes me wonder how they've been able to keep their Travelodge banner - not a typical Travelodge experience.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed June 20, 2007

I had a great time at this hotel, it was a good walking distance from West Edmonton Mall and the price was phenomenal. The slide was nice but the pool was too small to do laps but still given the price it was nice to have. The rooms were clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. It's very close to a WalMart, McDonalds, and Denny's which adds to the money saving opportunities. This hotel has cemented Travelodge as a great brand to trust for value and quality in my mind. Next time I go to Edmonton I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled solo