“Great hotel”

Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Red Deer, Canada
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were here to attend the Alberta Cheer Championship at West Edmonton. When looking for a hotel, this had good reviews on TripAdvisor. It didn't disappoint. It was very clean. Staff were friendly. We had a late supper in their restaurant on Saturday, March 8. The restaurant was busy so we sat in the "social area". Our waitress was fabulous and the food was really good. We visited the pool where my girls had fun. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. I am very gald that our facilities, Associates and amenities were enjoyed by your family. I hope that your participation in the Alberta Cheer Championship was succesful!

It was great that you would be able to recommend us.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and I hope that we can welcome you back some day.

david.keam@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The Courtyard Marriott West is a beautiful hotel inside!! (parking lot is not very big, for a hotel of this size though...Front desk staff were so helpful, friendly and fast. My bf, who laughed at me choosing this hotel based on Tripadvisor, (and usually stays at a horrible truck stop in Edmonton) quickly decided upon seeing the service and our room, that this is our new go-to hotel in Edmonton! The price was actually the same as what he usually pays for the other hotel, and this hotel is newer, beautiful, far more comfortable, and impeccably clean!
The only bad thing about our stay here was that I realized when I got home that I forgot a bag containing about $30 of Purdy's chocolates in the fridge, and when I called the hotel back, they put me through to the housekeeping manager's voicemail. I left two messages, had no call back, and was not able to talk to anyone at all until I called back a third time about a week later. The housekeeping said nothing was found in our room. To have such wonderful staff with exceptional customer service, and then to be told something I know was left behind was not there really tainted my experience. The manager probably didn't know, but the idea that housekeeping staff would have thrown it away rather than call a guest who has left something behind, really bothers me. It was not of great value, but the dishonesty of staff to not say anything is a big deterrent to me ever staying there again. I was very pleased at the time of check out, but ended up very disappointed, and wish that the manager had offered some recompense, but that did not happen. Front desk staff and restaurant staff were great, but I did not have a good experience with the housekeeping manager at all. As a result, while i had a very pleasant stay while I was there, I'm not sure I would go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. Although I am pleased that you were impressed with the service and cleanliness of the hotel during your stay I apologize that we were unable to return your chocolates to you.

Our hotel recovers quite a few lost items on a daily basis and we return as many items to their owners as possible. Unfortunately we do not consider food left behind in a room as a lost item. Your chocolates fell into a bit of a grey area and were considered food and therefore likely did not make it to lost and found.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope that, despite your challenges with the lost and found, you will allow us to welcome you back. If there is anything that I can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here in the past and this property still delivers. I have stayed at other hotels in the area and there is just something special about this place. It just has a great feel and is very comfortable.

The food is really good and reasonably priced. Breakfast Eggs Benedict was $12.

I will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank fancytravelreviews
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Good Day;

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our hotel and for another great review. It is only only goal to help you succeed at whatever brings you to Edmonton and our greatest thrill is figuring out ways to make your stay more comfortable and productive! Guests like you are why we come to work every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West.

Saint Albert, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It is very modern, clean and comfortable. I was very impressed by the service, especially by the staff at Aqua restaurant downstairs. I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shaun N
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at our hotel. We are very pleased that we exceeded your expectations! I certainly hope that we can welcome you back someday to our Courtyard by Marriott.

Courtyard by Marriott
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Only stayed one night and would come again in future for longer trips.
Hotel is only 3 years old and in great condition with nice decor. Rooms are stylish & spacious, beds firm yet comfortable, clean and sunny with large room windows. WiFi in rooms, LCD TV, iPod dock on radio. Very quiet, too. Pool is small and shallow (4') but clean. Nice open concept lounge upon entry. Staff was courteous and helpful. Located only a few minutes drive to West Ed Mall and other nearby restaurants and stores.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank therev68
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am glad that you found our hotel, Associates, location and amenities were to your liking. I appreciate the detail in your review.

We certainly hope to see you again the next time you visit Edmonton.

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This is my second time staying at this hotel. On both occasions the staff were extremely friendly. The aqua restaurant and lounge in lobby area is great. Serves Starbucks hot drinks, as well as a wide variety of drinks with complimentary assorted nut mix in evenings. On Wednesday evenings they have a managers special with free appetizers and drinks. I have never seen any hotel with the level of service of this hotel that you don't pay twice the money for. The hot tub was decent as well. Nothing fancy but not to much chlorine yet is still clean. Rooms are quiet and well kept. Very clean.

• Stayed February 2014
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for giving us such a nice review regarding your stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed yourself and that you were able to make use of the hotel's amenities. I hope I was able to at least say 'hi' at the Manager's Reception on Wednesday.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is the first time I was staying in the hotel for 2 nights. I loved my stay.staff is super friendly ,hotel lobby is not too big but an average enough size n no doubt really very clean ..
Rooms were good size too n every one from front desk to house keeper was really helpful.
I can definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Shafaqz
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Edmonton.

We also thank you for your recommendation. We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you visit Edmonton.