“Great service! The lead service agent even helped me change my flat tire.”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Marlborough, Massachusetts
“Great service! The lead service agent even helped me change my flat tire.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for five nights. In the last night of my stay, I had a flat tire. It's the first time that I had a flat tire and I literally didn't know how to change the tire. I was asking the front desk to help me find someone from the local auto shop to change the tire for me. but the lead guest service agent, Michael W, stood out and helped me change the tire. I really appreciate his help. In addition, the staff is friendly and helpful in many other ways. The food at the AQUA restaurant is also above average level. I enjoyed the stay very much!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as Aqua Bistro | Bar.

A funny note, the gentleman who changed your tire hadn't changed one before! He came and asked us to double check it when he was done. He didn't ask for help before, but after he completed it. He is a great, great asset to our hotel. Thank you for recognizing him.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

Kind Regards,

david.keam@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

A wonderful stay at this new hotel on the west end of Edmonton. Close to the Anthony Hendy bypass and West Edmonton Mall. Downtown a 20 minute drive from hotel. Wonderful, friendly staff. Upgraded to suite room at no extra charge (nice surprise). Room very clean and at the Marriott standards that we expect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for completing a survey regarding your stay. I am glad that our hotel and especially our Associates made your stay a succesful one.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton!

Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times in the last couple months and I hesitate sharing how amazing this place is, in fear that it will have a negative effect, i.e. More bookings - less supply of rooms - higher prices - me moving on. As a frequent traveller, I think about those things. However, it wouldn't be fair not to give this hotel the high praise it deserves.

The lobby is very clean and modern, yet comfortable. The open concept restaurant/lounge in the lobby has a really great atmosphere in the morning, for dinner or late night drinks with clients. The food is very good while being simple, straight forward and hot. Service is always excellent with everyone going the extra mile, like offering an ice cold bottle of water if they see you just sitting in the lounge/lobby or offering you a refill of your coffee in a travel cup while paying your bill at breakfast.

Internet access is easy and very fast, rooms are modern and offer multiple side tables/desk heights for working and relaxing. When you get in to your room there is always music playing softly on the Ipod dock alarm clock in every room. Tons of different lighting options all with outlets on the bases to plug in all your phones/computers/Ipods. The rooms are very well designed with significant investment made in furniture and beds. Room service is consistently fast and delicious with staff quoting and sticking to "We'll be up in about 15 minutes". The prices are very reasonable with almost all meals being between $12-$18. I had a $13 Quesadilla that was incredible and perhaps the best value I've seen in ages. I would also recommend their build your own pasta, which starts at like $14 and is also very good.

Fitness room and pool are very clean and perfect for my needs.

This is a hotel that I really enjoy for business travel and I could also bring my family to. I stay in far more hotels than I have a chance to review, and this is one of the best run properties I have ever stayed at.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TravellingCharlie
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. We appreciate your visits and we hope they continue!

I'd also like to thank you for the detail in your review. Time is the most precious resource we have and I know it took extra of yours to give us this information.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

Kind Regards,

Cold Lake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel and I was not disappointed .
The staff was so friendly,I checked in really fast,the room was spacious with small seating area and space to make a tea with conveniently placed light above. The beds are comfortable.
The hotel has a swimming pool & gym.
There is a bar across from the reception that serves Starbucks coffee and breakfast. It's one of the newest hotels on the west side and about 7 min drive to West Edmonton Mall.
Great value& great location,nice modern design.
The hotel could provide bottle of water in the room. A small bottle of Pellegrino was $3.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor,that way you won't hear anybody above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope your trip to Edmonton was a succesful one.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back as a guest to our hotel.

Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

I had nothing but a positive experience with this hotel from the moment I checked in, until the moment I left. The staff was very friendly, the hotel lobby was nice and clean, and the room I stayed in was very clean and modern looking. The things I was impressed with the most were the comfortable bed with various pillow options and sizes, and the lack of hallway noise. I knew there was a room across the hall from me and a few doors down having a small party, and I was dreading trying to get to sleep. I was amazed at how little I could hear it! I will be coming here the next time I need a hotel in Edmonton.

Room Tip: Room 330 is on the west side of the hotel a good distance away from the elevator and staircase.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank JJLRocket
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for saying such nice things about your experience. I am glad that you found our rooms, beds and pillows to your liking.

Thank you for being our guest, we certainly hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Campbell River, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I always stay here on business,has usually been right up there for service and location.Great staff!!!!! But noticed last time i was there,I had always enjoyed a quick coffee in the lobby, in the morning,that they offered,,guess what? its gone,Why?Dont introduce a nice service like that ,and for some reason nobody could tell me, get rid of it! ,maybe they want you to pay now for a starbucks coffee in thier restaurant?and its usually something the Marriott chain offers, i had thought. Its just one of those little things that some people really enjoy in the morning.Also a little surprised this type of hotel doesn't offer a couple of free water bottles in your room,,I went to the desk one night and had to pay for them,,The Holiday Inn for example always offers its guests free water bottles at check in.Its again, just one of those little things that can go a long way!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travellers011
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us again and thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. am very pleased that you choose to stay here because of our Associates.

I apologize that our coffee service in the lobby was discontinued. Courtyard by Marriott eliminated it as a brand standard due to confusion that was being created by having two levels of quality. The complimentary coffee was not Starbucks which, as you noted, is served in our lobby restaurant. Deciding to err on the side of quality, we decided to exclusively offer Starbucks in our hotel's lobby.

I hope that we can welcome you back the next time you are in Edmonton. It would be my pleasure to buy you a coffee anytime!

Edson, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a recommendation by a friend and were they ever right. Beautiful clean and quiet room. I was impressed by friendly staff from housekeeping, the restaurant and front desk. Upon checkout, the young lady at the desk asked me if they could have done anything better to enhance my stay. What a refreshing question! And I was able to tell her no, it was very well done by all.
Thank you!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vjvolk
Good Day;

Thank you very much for staying with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and also for completing a review of the hotel. I was very pleased that our Associates made the difference for you and that you were able to use the word "refreshing" to describe a part of your experience. That is exactly what we are trying to accomplish!

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope that we can welcome you back the next time you are in Edmonton.