“Great value, great service and seamless functionality.”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is a really well run hotel and I would highly recommend it. From check-in and throughout my stay, everything simply worked seamlessly. Everyone I encountered at the hotel was friendly, accommodating and professional. Trust me, this not by accident. Clearly the management selects the right people, provides good training and instills a supportive working environment.

The morning breakfast was a welcomed start to my day. A good selection of items, served a la carte and well prepared. The service was always attentive but never intrusive. Even the chef dropped by the table each morning at the perfect time to inquire if the breakfast was prepared to my liking.

It isn't often you leave a hotel feeling like you received substantial value for your money. This hotel delivers comfortable and well-appointed rooms, facilities that are functional and true hospitality in a way that makes you feel relaxed and pleased with your choice. I would (and have already) recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank KyleinJapan
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Edmonton West

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there overnight on the way to Jasper with my husband. Friendly staff welcomed us in. Check-in was a breeze. Rooms were modern, clean and well-maintained. Free wi-fi. Free Parking. Great Location---near downtown and West Edmonton mall.

***Free breakfast would have been nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank welovetotravel20
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great hotel. We stayed for one night only. Very comfortable bed, beautiful room. Hotel is nice and clean. There was some problem with wi fi and we were helped right away. Great stuff too
We'll stay there next time we go to Edmonton

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank snowflake982
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Booked this hotel because of good trip advisor reviews, Its ease of access when driving in from Jasper and its proximity to WEM.
I was not disappointed.
Rooms well appointed, bed comfortable, bathroom nice.
It's a pretty new hotel so it's fair to expect it to be good.
We arrived late and were only staying for one night so we had a good meal in the restaurant and a basic breakfast in the morning.
All in all a great nite sleep and a convenient place to stop and very friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shell B
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The reasons I stay at Courtyard: 1) a pool of sufficient size and depth that it's usable for fitness/rehab purposes; 2) quiet rooms; 3) comfortable beds; 4) clean rooms; 5) accommodating staff. This facility excelled at items 2 through 5, but failed miserably on my primary criterion. The pool is only 3' deep, and is roughly twice the size of the spa. It's useless for anyone who needs a decent pool facility to stay physically functional while traveling. The web site for the hotel needs to state that it's not a true Courtyard.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Denise B
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel during your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. Though I am pleased that you were happy with the guest rooms, our Associates and the beds; I apologize that you were not happy with the hotel's pool.

We are proud to be one of the first of the new Refreshing Business Courtyard by Marriott hotels in Canada and we work hard every day to meet the strict standards that are required of us by our brand. Our loyal guests can count on us to not just meet, but exceed the details that they have come to expect from Courtyard by Marriott.

For guests looking to stay active, we have a large, clean and modern fitness cente that features free weights as well as an assortment of cardio machines.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and I hope that you will choose to return the next time you are in Edmonton.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

The best Courtyard I have ever visited. The hotel has the new lobby configuration, and many guests hang out their in the evenings to socialize or work on their laptops. The staff is very well trained and super friendly and helpful. The restaurant is quite good and reasonably priced. The hotel is just off AB216 and provides easy access to locations on the west side of Edmonton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to review your stay.

Your review was short and to the point, so I will make my review the same. We appreciate you choosing our hotel, it was our pleasure and delight to take good care of you and we hope you return soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I booked this hotel based on it's reviews from this very site. I am very glad I did!! The hotel staff is so very friendly! Everytime we passed someone in uniform, there was always a welcoming "hello", or "enjoy your day"! When you first walk into the hotel you can't believe that it is only a 3-star hotel. It's open space into the "restaurant/bar", the touch screen interactive information centre, the wonderful ambiance of the sitting area (with a hint of something in the air that reminded me of a spa)...it was all fantastic! We checked into our room (king suite) and it was just a little different than any other hotel. When you first walk in, it seems like any other room...the washroom to your left or right, and tv on a stand/desk with a chair. In this room all was the same but the bed was not against the oposite wall! It was against the wall that the bathroom shares! It was so neat! I loved coming into a cool room, with the "I-Home" softly playing music in the background. It was very welcoming! We went to explore the rest of the hotel and to our wonderful surprise found a large fire place in the courtyard (hence the hotel's name perhaps?) it was awesome to sit around and enjoy a drink! A couple of downsides I would like to point out are 1.) the pool...VERY small (only 4ft at it's deepest point). 2.) We paid for our hotel in full upon arrival, YET my credit card was STILL preauthorized for the full amount AS WELL as $20/day for incidentals. As I sit here writing this review two full days after my check out I am STILL waiting for the preauth to be released. I have contacted my cc company and found out that it is up to the hotel and how they do their posting as to when it will come off. (Very disappointed with this). But all in all, would my husband and I stay here again in the future? For the amount we paid for a king suite for a hotel with a 3-star rate but a 4-5 star feel? Absolutely!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to stay with us here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to give such a comprehensive review our hotel. We are all very pleased that you were able to rate us highly and that you enjoyed your stay.

Please contact me directly if you are still having an issue with the preauthorization on your credit card. When the amount is preauthorized at check-in, it can stay there for quite some time if we do not place a charge on the card. The preauthorization will sit there for a time and often we need to call your bank to have it removed.

We hope that we have a chance to welcome you back the next time you are in Edmonton!