“Everything was perfect.....A+ hotel”

Courtyard Edmonton West
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Checked in on a rainy Saturday night. The atmosphere is wonderful, lovely fireplace glowing, a warm and friendly restaurant + Starbucks bar (what!?!) plus helpful/friendly concierge. Our room was perfect too, furnished excellently! This is how a hotel should look and be run. Efficient, welcoming and extremely clean (and I am very picky!) Well done Courtyard. Oh and the free wifi....bonus!

1  Thank urban_girlie
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good Day;

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am pleased to see that our property and our Associates made your trip to Edmonton a pleasant one.

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Edmonton.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Edmonton West

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The reception was very nice, our room was lovely. Beautifully appointed! I honestly thought we were in a brand new hotel.Rooms are clean and the toiletries provided were good quality. Great Location near hotel also shopping mall

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Good Day;

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that your experience was a positive one.

I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West the next time you are in Edmonton.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I headed up to Edmonton for the Craft Beer Festival (intelligent) and elected to stay at the Courtyard Edmonton West after my wife spent 87 hours deliberating over every hotel within the city limits.

Let me say that this staff was easily the most committed to customer service of any that I have seen. From the front-end to the chefs to the custodial service, everyone cared about the job they were doing.

The beds are comfortable, the rooms are large, the wireless service is fast, the food is quite good, and the price is more than reasonable.

I wouldn't recommend this as a family hotel as the swimming area is very small, possibly the smallest hotel pool I've seen. Saying that, the hot tub is fine and it was quiet.

I think they've done a commendable job at truly trying to refine themselves and in the process of this journey, have stumbled upon the facets of great hotel service.

Now I'd like to see them take another step in fine tuning the craft. I think they should look at enhancing their menu to create more upscale culinary possibilities and they should expand the bar component of the menu.

I enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard Edmonton West and highly recommend it for what it is: the best 3-star hotel I've stayed at.

Excellent work.

3  Thank neojanus

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the time you took to offer the detail that you did. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience with us and are so generous in your praise.

I have also passed your suggestions onto our F&B Manager regarding his menus. We do have plans to revamp many of our offerings in Aqua Bistro | Bar including our beverage and lounge menus.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and I hope we get the chance to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Hotel stay was great. I recommend this hotel to everyone. Check in was smooth. Rooms are clean and the toiletries provided were good quality. The shampoo and conditioner was Paul Mitchell; none of that watery, cheap quality stuff. My only complaint was that the beds were hard. Even my 9 year old son complained of aches and pains after a night on the bed.
The restaurant served good and decently priced breakfast buffet. It is $12.95 for adults and $6.50 for kids. The servers are friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank ShyGurl888

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am happy that you are able to recommend our hotel.

I apologize that you found our beds hard. If you return to our hotel, please let us know as we have a number of mattress pads available to soften the beds for guests who find them too firm.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West, I hope you will continue to return so we can welcome you back whenever you are in the area.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this last weekend and it was a great experience. We picked this hotel because of its location to West Edmonton Mall and also its #1 rating on Tripadvisor. The reviews are correct. It is a very modern hotel with great amenities. The rooms are very nice, the beds are comfortable and the pool and fitness center are really good. The staff was kind and helpful and quick. We had breakfast at the hotel and although we didn't chose to do the breakfast included in our stay my Husband had the Buffet and I had the omlette with gluten free bread. They are aware of allergies at this hotel and were accomedated my celiac disease very well. All in all it was a very nice stay and we will be back for sure!

Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your breakfast in Aqua Bistro | Bar.

Our Food and Beverage team is very talented and work hard to anticipate their guest's needs so it is great to see that your request was handled appropriately.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay, we certainly hope that we get a chance to welcome you back to our hotel the next time you are in Edmonton.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I purposely picked this hotel because of its close proximity to West Edmonton Mall and it's ranking on TripAdvisor. It surpassed expectations. Check-in / check-out was efficient. Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The lobby was extremely warm and appealing. The rooms were fantastic. Great layout, comfy mattresses, solid linen. When we arrived back in Calgary we realized we had left our tablet in the room. Quick call that was redirected to housecleaning who quickly located the tablet. We received it in the mail today!!

So refreshing to be on the receiving end of great customer service. We will be back. Thank-you for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JShaver

Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your experience with us. I am very glad that we were able to supass your expectations.

I am also very happy that we were able to get your tablet back to you! It can be stressful when you leave something behind.

I hope that we get to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Finally a hotel that provided what they said they would.

Lovely rooms, clean and well appointed. While the hotel was busy, we could not hear anything in our room. Great mattress and fresh linens.Very friendly and helpful staff. Slight problem on check in that was rectified quickly, efficiently and graciously. Pool is small but more than adequate and the patio would have been great had the weather cooperated.

Had a great stay. Will return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I apologize for the issue during check-in but I am glad that it was fixed right away. It is always great to hear when our team is able to make a guest happy.

I am also glad that you indicated that you will return, that is our favourite thing to hear by far! We hope that you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.