“"Good Weekend"”

Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“"Good Weekend"”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We spent a November weekend at this new hotel.BIG lobby with sofas TV and fireplace as well as a row of computers with high speed internet. There was a restaurant in the area as well but did not get a chance to eat there. Staff was friendly rooms clean comfortable and quiet. Approximatly one km from West Edmonton Mall which is walking distance but there did not appear to be sidewalks on either side of the street although they may have been covered in snow. Overall a good hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank freezer_12
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

I admire your spirit in making the walk to West Edmonton Mall during a weekend in November!

If you ever return to Edmonton, I hope that we can welcome you back.

780-729-8898

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
London
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were sorry we only had a one night stay at this hotel as it was a lovely stay. The hotel is very new and everything is spotlessly clean. The room itself was very big and we enjoyed a quiet, peaceful night's sleep. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Food was also good. There was an area by reception where you could use computers and generally 'chill out', which was relaxing after checking out of our room. There was plenty of parking and it was only about 5 mins drive from the huge West Edmonton shopping mall. Very good experience, wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KatyaKto
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West and for taking the time to fill out a survey. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to make use of our Social Spaces.

I hope that if you choose to return to Edmonton we can welcome you back.

Calgary
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you don't care about the hotel restaurant, definitely stay here. Very clean & new. Very courteous staff. We stayed on an unusually cold November weekend. Even though the weather can be much colder, we found ourselves feeling very cold. I think the decor has something to do with it.
The only drawback is the restaurant. there is very little selection. We wanted a muffin & coffee during the middle of the day. There was nothing of the sort available although the coffee is very good. We ate all of our meals outside of the hotel because there was nothing on their very limited menu that appealed. One night we ordered their brownie dessert--yuck. However, the wait staff were excellent. The coffee available at no charge in the hotel lobby is also excellent--Starbucks. Since the hotel restaurant is important to us, it's unlikely that we'll go back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy P
Good Day;

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Edmonton West. Although I am happy that you enjoyed your stay I apologize that you did not find what you were looking for in Aqua Bistro and Bar.

The restaurant is currently open 6:00am until 10:30pm and serves an a la carte menu. We are adding a breakfast buffet as well as an exotic daily feature. I do apologize why a muffin wasn't available to you as we usually do have them. I have passed your comments on to our Food and Manager and our Chef for their follow up.

I hope that if you return to Edmonton that we get the chance to welcome you back to our hotel.

Edmonton, AB
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I photographed a wedding at this hotel in November 2012 and it was amazing, just amazing! The wedding banquet (plated) meal was one of the best we've had while photographing weddings, the rooms were spacious and new with lovely decor, and overall, it's a great hotel! I would recommend it for sure!

The only downside (as mentioned in other reviews) is the lack of parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PlaidV
David K, General Manager at Courtyard Edmonton West, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Good Day;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments on to the Chef and he was pleased that you enjoyed the meal.

We are all happy that you could recommend our hotel, as a wedding photographer I am sure you have seen your share of hotels! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we get to see you again.

Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on business for 5 days. This was my first time staying here and I was cautiously optimistic given the great reviews I had read. I'm happy to report they are all true. It started at check in, where I received a warm welcome and then the staff member (I believe it was Scott) continued to greet me by name all week. The room was spacious and above all else CLEAN. I made sure to tip the housekeeping staff to show my appreciation. I encourage everyone to do the same, if you feel this way. The room is nicely laid out. Mine had a king size bed with a small sitting area, seperate desk and chair, tv on a swivel, coffee station with a mini fridge and a large bathroom. They also have a great armoire with two hanging levels and handy shelves that work well to store jewelry, etc. There is a great restaurant right in the lobby, we had breakfast there every day and the food & service were excellent, including Starbucks coffee which they will happily put in a to go cup for you. Wednesday night they have free hot snacks & wine in the lobby! The hotel is convienently located right off the Henday, and is close to WEM & downtown. There is a number of restaurants nearby and several fast food type places (Wendy's, Subway, etc.) in the mall lot across the street. All in all this is one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time. Oh and the rooms are also very quiet, I was on the 4th floor and although I'd hear people in the hallway I never heard anyone next to me or above me. I will definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to friends/family! I hope it never changes offering this great level of service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good Day;

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Edmonton and for taking the time to write up such a thorough review about your experience. I am very glad that you enjoyed the hotel and our amenities and especially that you went out of your way to recognize our housekeeping team.

I am not sure if I got to meet you at the Wednesday night Manager's Reception but I hope so. Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to your return visit.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hotel is quite new and Marriott has changed the layout of the room somewhat. Usually Courtyard hotels have the sink outside of the bathroom in a rather cramped space. This hotel has a large granite counter in the bathroom. Very nice. Bed linens were lovely and the unit was tastefully decorated and spotless. We did not eat here since we were visiting family. The free parking compared to the $28/night parking at the other Courtyard made the choice of this location a no-brainer. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a new hotel like this one.