Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton South
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
$139
Union Bank Inn
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscomedy festivaltrade showindustrial areasmall poolroom servicesherwood parkcomfortable hotelwater pressurerestaurant staffbreakfast buffetlittle thingsfree parkingeasy accesshousekeeping staffnice stayargyllfridge
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The only good thing about this hotel was their room service , which was well priced and efficient.

The staff were completely useless and helpless. The front desk staff were devoid of any basic customer service skills and are better suited to a drive thru window.

Save your money, you will regret staying at this place, yikes !

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Raconteur604
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on Friday Nov. 23, 2012 because I was going to attend a conference the next day at this hotel was closer to the venue. Every time the heater came on it made a horrible loud noise, this went on the whole night; at the same time the hotel is not sound proof one can hear all the noises in the hallway. There were pizza boxes in the hallwayy. I was told one price and the next day I was charged way more for the room; I was not able to sleep at all. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

A clean room with comforable beds but it really does need updating. One of my biggest pet peeves about hotels is patched porcelean in the tub and sink, the tub in our room was patched in several places and even the patchwork was peeling off. The toilet was loose and basicly the whole room just needed to be renovated. On a positive note, the front desk staff were very friendly!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This was a last minute trip and unfortunately I failed to look my confirmation over closely, if I had I would have seen I was being charged more than what I was told on the phone. I was quoted a price of 180.00. I also specifically asked if a pet fee was to be charged on top of this. She put me on hold to check and came back and said no, it was included in the 180.00. When we cleared up our invoice after two nights stay we saw the charge was 200.00 per night with an additional 25.00 per night for a pet fee. I explained the situation and the front desk did not care, it was not their problem, they said the high rates were due to the rodeo being in town. Clearly being charged an additional 45.00 + taxes is a huge disappointment. I received no assistance at the front desk with this matter and my communications with the hotel since have not been responded to. I included the exact time I called as I received the email confirmation while still on the phone. It has been over a week since I contacted them.

We were in a double queen and the bathrooms were ridiculously small, Sunday our room was not cleaned when we got back to the hotel at 7:00 pm and there was no sign on our door telling them to come back later although the cleaning staff tried to say their was. If they would have even knocked on the door they would have discovered it was not even closed. I am not clear why it was open, but can not say for sure if perhaps it never latched when we closed it or if someone had been in.

Other hotels we have stayed at have indeed been pet friendly, even including dog treats with their pet fee. In our case, even though I booked a room on the pet floor when we arrived the front desk was not aware of this, had none left and placed us on the 6th floor. Very inconvenient for taking the dogs out.

A couple positive things I will say is the beds were comfortable and the steam room by the pool was enjoyable although the pool itself is down in the farthest corner of the hotels basement.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel. There are too many hotels in Edmonton to have to deal with these problems, If you do decide to go here, be sure they include everything in their confirmation and look it over closely.

2  Thank PrinPebb
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've stayed here several times - and it is good to see that it hasn't gone downhill. Not uphill either.

I was assigned what must have been a honeymoon suite, which had a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub in the room. Cute -but I would have preferred a desk with electrical outlets so I could have easily plugged in my various devices to work. There was a big desk, but had to crawl on hands and knees to unplug the bedside lamp to be able to plug in my computer. This shouldn't happen anymore.

The location of this hotel is what keeps me coming back - equi-distant between refinery row and Whyte Ave. But, there are no decent restaurants or coffee shops in the area, which makes the search for a good latte enroute to work difficult. First-world problems.

These rooms would benefit from a humidifier - many Calgary hotels are offering this, particularly in winter, and it would be a very nice option to have, as the heating system makes the room particularly dry.

I'm tied to SPG for the points, otherwise I would probably stay on Whyte Ave at the Mettera.

1  Thank yvrtogo