“Medical stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Saskatoon SK
“Medical stay”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This hotel is very convenient for people who wish to stay near the hospital. The room was clean, and the check in and out was very efficient. We did not use the kitchen facility, but I can see where that would be valuable for extended stays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scott T, Public Relations Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, and we hope to see you the next time you travel to Edmonton--hopefully for pleasure next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Although a bit pricy, I think it is worth it, the room I stayed in was plenty big and had a kitchenette. The whole place has very clean and the staff were very helpful. After checking in and arriving in my room and unpacking my things I received a phone call from the front desk asking if everything was OK, this was something that has never happened before and I have stayed in numerous different hotels. After checking out they asked if I needs them to call a cab for me. Very friendly and nice staff. It was quiet and enjoyable. Word do again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scott T, Public Relations Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Hi Dave,

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while in Edmonton this November. We are very proud of the customer service that we provide to all of our guests, and we are glad to hear that you appreciated it! We look forward to hosting you when you next return to Edmonton as well.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Everything about the hotel was great. Location, cleanliness, updated. Earl's is downstairs. The only issue we had which is why I rated it a 3 is because the noisy windows. There was a very windy snow storm when we were there and the noise and draft coming through our windows was insane. No sleep. The rest of our team said they had a great night no noise so maybe it was just our room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Hi Nadine,

Thank you so much for your review! We are sorry to hear that the recent storm impacted your sleep while with us. We are always working to improve our rooms for our guests, and we are pleased to advise that we are upgrading all of our hotel windows in 2014 which should eliminate any noise from the windows.  We hope to see you the next time you are in Edmonton!
Canada
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel. The location is fantastic for visiting our son who is in residence at U of A. Although it looks dated from the outside...the hotel is actually quite nice. The lobby is cozy and the rooms are great - clean and spacious. There is an Earls attached to the hotel, which is convenient for a quick bite and a coffee shop next door, as well.
The staff are friendly and efficient. We will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Scott T, Public Relations Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Campus Tower Suite Hotel again for your latest trip to Edmonton! We are proud of the renovations that we completed this year, and we are always happy to hear that guests enjoy them as well. Thank you for taking the time to review us, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Oliver, BC, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Loved the location..loved the room. Some big negatives - they did not provide a wake up call as promised!!! This is horrible as I had a 6am flight and only woke up due to the fact that i set my iphone alarm as a back up. Also, i asked for a bill under my door which they promised and this did not happen. I asked for an email confirmation of my booking prior to departutre and it never arrived!!! I expect basic service and did not receive it. I am not a demanding, whiny traveller and have never complained about anything in my life as i am easy going and have tons of friends and everyone thinks i am great. One more thing...i asked them to order me a taxi and it never showed up. Wow!!!! If I did this in my job i would be fired. What a shame as this place is really nice..it reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry rented a car...they took the reservation but they could not KEEP the reservation...check it out on you tube...very very funny. This is why people like me so much. I make everyone laugh! But why do others make me cry with such poor service, WHY???? WHY????? Have a great week all and Happy Halloween!

Room Tip: Elevator buttons dont light up between lower and upper floors so you have to guess what floor you ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Scott T, Public Relations Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Campus Tower Suite Hotel. We are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced whilst with us, and we have addressed your concerns with our team to ensure that a similar situation does not occur in the future.

We would like to follow up on your stay in more detail, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

We look forward to you staying with us on your next trip to Edmonton.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Let me start by saying that I've pobably stayed here 20 times; mainly because it is the closest hotel to the U of A campus and is right across the street from the light rail transit station. I like the size of suites, having a kitchen and being right above a great coffee place. They have even updated the carpets and created a good exercise room in the last while. But ...What I've noticed in my last few stays is that the prices are no longer as good as they were, the windows don't seal well anymore, the heating system is a bit sporadic and that the busier they have become the more noise there is from other suites. The building used to be an apartment building that catered to students that has been converted to an hotel. The walls are thin and noise travels between rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Scott T, Public Relations Manager at Campus Tower Suite Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your continued loyalty. We thrilled to announce that in 2014 we will begin upgrading the windows and the HVAC systems, this is a great addition to our beautiful renovations completed this year. We can't wait to see you again.
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I love this hotel, I am high maintenance when it comes to hotels ( or so my husband says) basically I expect clean rooms and friendly staff that respond politely when you ask for directions or an extra towel or bar of soap. I have stayed here on three different occasions and this place gets better- the rooms are spacious, basic but well furnished with nice kitchens, comfy beds, nice modern couches, TVs and roomy bathroom. There is coin operated laundry on premises, which is great is staying for more than a few days. Walking distance to campus, a supermarket and lots of great places to eat- there is a great little coffee place with excellent breakfast items connected. This is not fancy but great for those wanting a apartment style hotel, it is a lovely place with such friendly staff too. I will choose this place over the fancy hotels because it is just so comfortable, easy and lovely staff - like home with daily housekeeping :) one final thought- while I was travelling for University Business, I think his would be excellent if travelling with my husband and 2 year old daughter too, so roomy!

Room Tip: The one bedrooms are all nice
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
We pride ourselves on our location, service and value and are ecstatic that you truly were able to enjoy your stay. Hope to see you and your family soon!