“Great place to stay while visiting hospital”

Campus Tower Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We've had the good fortune of staying here every time we have had to travel to Edmonton for medical travel with our daughter. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the kitchenettes are a huge plus if you don't want to eat out every meal and the staff are extremely helpful. If you need anything, just ask! The cleaning staff even asked us when we would like our rooms cleaned each day because they knew our kids would nap in the early afternoons.

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is the best hotel location for doing anything at the University of Alberta. It is a cold Alberta day today and I showed up at 10:30am mostly looking to just park my vehicle while I went to meetings. I was worried about some things in my luggage freezing and they let me check in. This hotel is a bit overpriced compared to equals but it can get away with it because of its location on the campus.

Room Tip: Each room here is a suite which I always love. It is right on the University of Alberta campus. I...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2012

With family attending U of A, it is perfect location. Close to Whyte Ave. and several good coffee and eating establishments.
Proximity to the hospital makes for a bit of noise, but not to a level that is a problem.
Elevators are s l o w. We are not usually in a hurry so it doesn't bother us.
Had a problem with the bathroom not being clean and the staff was there immediately to clean it (at 8 pm).
Very helpful staff and front desk.
Parking rates for the large lot next to the hotel are good, but at least once on each stay we have a ticket. The front desk immediately deals with it but they need a better system of identifying hotels guests.
Sofa beds are not comfortable for sleeping, but not many are.
Overall, like the hotel for its location, kitchenettes and staff.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Our family stayed at this hotel for 2+ weeks in December 2011 while our daughter was in the Stollery Childrens Hospital. I would recommend this hotel highly to anyone looking for accomodations options for similar situations.

We rented a two bedroom suite with a kitchenette and it handled 5 adults staying there quite adequately. The suites are spacious and well equiped.

The hotel is a five minute walk from the hospital which was perfect. There are also numerous eating options within a two block radius which provded for much needed options when we didn't cook in rhe kichentte. The hotel offers a very affordable parking rate in a parkade next to the hotel.

The hotel offers special rates guests with family in the hospital. They are very reasinable for the type of accomodation.

The only downside was that there is quite a bit of noise from sirens and helicopters. However, that is to be expected when you arenacross the street from a major hospital.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed November 28, 2011

NOT impressed. The views were great of the city and the room size was good and location was good (close to whyte ave) but everything else was horrible. Our room came with a kitchenette and I pulled out a knife from the drawer only to see that it had dried up food on it. When I walked into the room I noticed an advil pill on the ground. That got me wondering if the room is clean at all...We had no one clean our room up until our last day there (we stayed 3 nights), despite us putting the "please clean our room" sign up everyday. How do i know? Our beds were not made and we did not have fresh towels or replenished toilet paper or soap. When the lady finally came, she cleaned WHILE we were there and all she did was give us more toilet paper and towels and tidy the kitchen. We wanted to rent a movie on tv one night but we couldn't because it wouldn't even let us pull up the menu on the tv of movies to choose from. We called front desk 3 times to help us but they were no use. Also, the beds were terribly uncomfortable and we did not have a good sleep at all.I would not stay here again. It's NOT WORTH THE MONEY.

Room Tip: Don't bother. You can find a better bang for your buck else were.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kelsey5
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip for some clients I have a the university. The location is perfect.

The room was very spacious and clean, and had all of the amenities you would find at the larger more upscale hotels. There are plenty of restaurants nearby.

I would have liked the option of room service, but I'm just lazy sometimes.

I used the gym everyday, kinda small, but still very functional. I also used their free business center, very helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank Djgoldma
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We couldn't have chosen a better location, with everything we needed within walking distance, including all the shops on Whyte . Great view from the top floor but strangely we did get road noise. We had a one bedroom suite with lots of space but the kitchen only had a microwave and no other means of cooking. This didn't really matter as there were so many good restaurants close by but I was a bit surprised. I would also have liked some coffee mugs instead of tiny tea cups. We did appreciate the free daily newspaper and being able to watch (PPV) movies that were still in the cinema from the comfort of our room.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family