“Excellent stay!!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Canada
“Excellent stay!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

From the moment we arrived right up till we checked out everything was perfect! Very friendly staff and free parking! Will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
generalmanager4440, Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at our property.
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you like our overall quality of service provided.
We hope to serve your lodging needs in the near future.

Regards,

Robin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stayed at the hotel on February 7th, it was going to be a special night with a friend whom I havent seen in a long while. I made note of that on the reservation when I made it online that I would like a quiet room due to the special occasion. I did not expect a whole lot considering it was on a Monday and being a corporate style hotel I figured it would of been full of thier weekly travelers. After check-in (which was quick, friendly and easy) I got to my room - 484 and found that the room was a LOT bigger than what I expected considering the rate I was paying was very cheap. I recieved a courtesy call 30 mins after check in to ask how everything was so far and I inquired about what kind of room I was in, the operator let me know that I was in one of thier business class rooms. I thanked her for the call and the obvious upgrade, the room exceeded my expectations by being VERY clean and it was located at the end of the hallway.

The parking was very conveinent, it was underground, heated and secure. I felt very safe in the hotel as there were a lot of doors and they were strategicly placed with locks, such as from the elevators (I think late at night as I had to get up at 5am) and the parkade. You need your guest keycards to gain access to the parkade and such doors.

I never tried the food and beverage as I did not have much time and we had plans elsewhere, but next time I am in town I will definately try it. The Attrium in the middle looked very neat and spacious naturally, but with the brick it made for some echos while you were trying to sleep, I was barely able to notice them as I felt that the staff were conscious of the noise it COULD make.

Check out was much the same as check in, friendly and quick. All in all I would definately recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Dear reviewer;

I would like to thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs while in our city and for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always nice to receive feedback regarding our associate service as well as the quality of our accommodations. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with my team, as we pride our selves in delivering prompt, friendly and professional service for all of our guests. We hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again soon, and we thank you again for your positive feedback regarding our property.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

The sleep number bed alone sold me at this hotel. In fact, I lost 30 min of sleep due to playing with the various sleep numbers on my first night. I stayed here for business for a week and the hotel was very comfortable. The room was spacious and clean and the décor was a nice calming touch. Keep in mind that this hotel has an inner courtyard and half the room all face the courtyard so there’s not much privacy or a view of the street (but then again a view of this hotel district street is an eye sore as well).

I didn’t get a chance to check out the gym here but all my co-workers said it was amazing. The breakfast buffet was just alright and I wished it had a better selection of food. A ready to cook omelet bar would have been nice. Overall this Radisson is a great hotel to stay if you’re looking for a place in South Edmonton.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments with regard to your recent stay at our property. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our overall cleanliness calming decor. I truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests, and will share your compliments with our team. Please be sure to visit the fitness centre on your next stay. It is over 2,300 sq ft and features indoor walking track, squash and raquetball courts, a pool, hot tub and steam rooms as well as brand new state of the art cardio equipment. We hope to serve your lodging needs in the near future

With thanks

West Yorkshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

Checked in and was allocated a room on the top floor. As soon as you opened the door it sounded like a jet engine was taking off from the roof, don't know if it was air con units on the roof or what.
Went staight back to reception and the room was changed immeadiately, however, there is an anonoying and distracting buzzing/humming noise wherever you go in this hotel.
Also had an atrium room which was not to my liking as you could not access natural lighting or ventilation as the windows looked in the internal atrium which was dull and dingy.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, February 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I have shared your comments with our team and was concerned regarding you being disturbed by noise from the hallways outside your room. Maintenance have dialed down the air make up fans and the noise appears to have been reduced significantly. I am sorry that this was not noted during your stay

Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Thank you again for submitting your review, I do hope to get a chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

regards,

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2011

I usually book this hotel - for location (close to family) & value (rooms are larger than most, clean & updated). Also, & my children love the atrium cafe. The Sunday brunch is fantastic & the room service menu is plentiful. Their gym is very good with a lot of equipment - it is open to the public so it also is busier than most. The pool is nice because it is warmer than majority and at best, is only 4' deep. There is also underground heated parking which is great in the winter time!

Overall, I haven't had a bad stay here and will continue booking at the hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoy our Room Service, our Atrium restaurant and our Sunday brunch, as it has been rated as one of the top brunches in Edmonton. I also apprectate your kind comments about our fitness centre as well as the pool. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit
Many thanks

Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2011

We were treated amazingly by both the concierge and the lounge staff one every occasion. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels and not been treated as well by the staff. The concierge Lou went above and beyond to make us feel like we were not just guests at a hotel, we felt like stars at the Plaza. The rooms were ok, they were large and clean however the bathroom was on par with the hotels rating, nothing fancy. They have free underground heated parking for smaller vehicles, but provided close parking spaces for those of us with oversized trucks.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for your very kind feedback in regard to the friendliness and professionalism that you have enjoyed from our Front Desk team, in particular Lou and the lounge staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the complimentary heated underground parking. I have passed on your comments to my team.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Kind regards

Area General manager
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

Huge rooms that really need a newer TV. The one provided is at a bad angle and too small. The remote is ridiculous. The bathroom is in need of an upgrade. Bed was okay but the edges of the mattress will leave bruises on your legs as you get in and out. The "high" speed internet was anything but highspeed. But it was complimentary so what could anyone say? But highspeed it is not. But it was the horrible food that will keep us away. The worst food we have had in over 20 years. We could not eat in the main restaurant as we could not find a staff member anywhere and it was dark. But it was open, apparently. We ate in the Pub. We could not eat the meal. It was so salty that it was impossible to eat. We hoped that breakfast would be better but no,it was horrid as well. Salt seems to be the only seasoning used. This is our 2nd stay and it was as different as night and day. We will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, December 15, 2010
First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Edmonton

I am sorry that the TV set was not to the quality that our customers expect, however I am delighted to inform you that we have now installed 42" flat screen TV sets, with 15 complimentary HD channels, in order to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and modern hotel room, making us the second hotel in Edmonton to offer free HD to our guests.

I am concerned with your comments regarding the food, as that is not the standard food service that we offer. I would be delighted to discuss your specific concerns in detail if you could contact me directly. Please accept my apologies for this and rest assured that I will share your concerns with my culinary team.

I would be delighted to host you during your next visit to Edmonton. I look forward to your return

With thanks