“Noisy”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #25 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 4, 2011

Checked in and was allocated a room on the top floor. As soon as you opened the door it sounded like a jet engine was taking off from the roof, don't know if it was air con units on the roof or what.
Went staight back to reception and the room was changed immeadiately, however, there is an anonoying and distracting buzzing/humming noise wherever you go in this hotel.
Also had an atrium room which was not to my liking as you could not access natural lighting or ventilation as the windows looked in the internal atrium which was dull and dingy.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I have shared your comments with our team and was concerned regarding you being disturbed by noise from the hallways outside your room. Maintenance have dialed down the air make up fans and the noise appears to have been reduced significantly. I am sorry that this was not noted during your stay

Please accept my sincere apologies for this.

Thank you again for submitting your review, I do hope to get a chance to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2011

I usually book this hotel - for location (close to family) & value (rooms are larger than most, clean & updated). Also, & my children love the atrium cafe. The Sunday brunch is fantastic & the room service menu is plentiful. Their gym is very good with a lot of equipment - it is open to the public so it also is busier than most. The pool is nice because it is warmer than majority and at best, is only 4' deep. There is also underground heated parking which is great in the winter time!

Overall, I haven't had a bad stay here and will continue booking at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoy our Room Service, our Atrium restaurant and our Sunday brunch, as it has been rated as one of the top brunches in Edmonton. I also apprectate your kind comments about our fitness centre as well as the pool. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit
Many thanks

Reviewed January 18, 2011

We were treated amazingly by both the concierge and the lounge staff one every occasion. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels and not been treated as well by the staff. The concierge Lou went above and beyond to make us feel like we were not just guests at a hotel, we felt like stars at the Plaza. The rooms were ok, they were large and clean however the bathroom was on par with the hotels rating, nothing fancy. They have free underground heated parking for smaller vehicles, but provided close parking spaces for those of us with oversized trucks.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

I would like to thank you for your very kind feedback in regard to the friendliness and professionalism that you have enjoyed from our Front Desk team, in particular Lou and the lounge staff. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the complimentary heated underground parking. I have passed on your comments to my team.

Once again many thanks for your kind review and I hope to meet you on your next visit to the hotel.

Kind regards

Area General manager

Reviewed November 22, 2010

Huge rooms that really need a newer TV. The one provided is at a bad angle and too small. The remote is ridiculous. The bathroom is in need of an upgrade. Bed was okay but the edges of the mattress will leave bruises on your legs as you get in and out. The "high" speed internet was anything but highspeed. But it was complimentary so what could anyone say? But highspeed it is not. But it was the horrible food that will keep us away. The worst food we have had in over 20 years. We could not eat in the main restaurant as we could not find a staff member anywhere and it was dark. But it was open, apparently. We ate in the Pub. We could not eat the meal. It was so salty that it was impossible to eat. We hoped that breakfast would be better but no,it was horrid as well. Salt seems to be the only seasoning used. This is our 2nd stay and it was as different as night and day. We will not use this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Edmonton

I am sorry that the TV set was not to the quality that our customers expect, however I am delighted to inform you that we have now installed 42" flat screen TV sets, with 15 complimentary HD channels, in order to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and modern hotel room, making us the second hotel in Edmonton to offer free HD to our guests.

I am concerned with your comments regarding the food, as that is not the standard food service that we offer. I would be delighted to discuss your specific concerns in detail if you could contact me directly. Please accept my apologies for this and rest assured that I will share your concerns with my culinary team.

I would be delighted to host you during your next visit to Edmonton. I look forward to your return

With thanks

Reviewed October 25, 2010

it was a really busy weekend with the riders being in town and an oilers game on the saturday night hotel was packed. the room was ok nothing compared to the radisson in saskatoon. my only complaint was the tv was all fuzzy and the remote wouldn't work. I didnt end up saying anything as we wernt going to be in the hotel much

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

I am sorry that the TV set was not to the quality that our customers expect, however I am delighted to inform you that we are installing 42" flat screen TV sets in December in order to ensure that our guests enjoy a comfortable and modern hotel room. In mid January 2011, we will be upgrading to Complimentary High Definition Cable TV channels, making us the first hotel in Edmonton to do so

We would be delighted to host you during your next visit to Edmonton. I look forward to your return

With thanks

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We stayed at the Raddison for 5 days in September. We choose this hotel because it was pet friendly. The rooms were a nice size and they were clean. The room had a sleep number bed, but was broken and I couldn't tell which numbers we were on, at least it was still ajdustable. Hotel staff were always smiling and friendly. Getting in and out of parking was easy with access to north and south flowing traffic. Shopping on the south end and Whyte Ave is close by, I really like the location. I was disappointed that our room did not have a fridge or a microwave, I guess I should have paid more attention to what the room included.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

I would like to Thank you for staying at The Radisson Hotel Edmonton and for the fantastic feedback you have given in your review with regard your stay

We appreciate your comments regarding how much you enjoyed the sleep number beds, although I must apologise for the fact that the control display did not function correctly. It will be replaced. It is also particularly pleasing to note your encouraging comments regarding our team’s friendliness, ease of access and guest room cleanliness. You are correct about the fridges, as they are currently only available in our deluxe rooms, or upon request for a daily fee. I am pleased to announce, however, that we will be placing a fridge in all remaining guest rooms in either December or January, depending on delivery.

We truly apprecaite hearing from our wonderful customers, and are committed to providing outstanding customer service and modern comfortable accomodations.

All my thanks

Reviewed October 19, 2010

The front desk staff at this hotel "gets it." I get back there a couple of times per year, and each time the staff is really good. If an employee sees you approaching a door in the halls, they'll get the door for you. Work out facilities are the best in South Edmonton. Overall, a great place for the business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2010

I would like to thank you for your very kind feedback in regard to the friendliness and professionalism that you have enjoyed from our Front Desk team in the past. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and enjoy the Fitness Center. I have passed on your comments to my team.

Kind regards