“The stay was wonderful, the room was so quiet we could hear our thoughts”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #20 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Slave Lake, Canada
“The stay was wonderful, the room was so quiet we could hear our thoughts”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

The room was nice and quiet which is what we needed as my mother was here for some tests at the U of A Hospital and she was very out of sorts. The room being do nice and quiet mad her more relaxed and thus my job was easier.

Thank you so much.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, July 5, 2010
Dear Judy: We appreciate you taking the time to submit your comments regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire team here at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Robin Cumine
Area General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Castlegar
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I actually had an excellent stay here during a journalism conference back in January. The hotel resembled a Sandman in the interior and exterior but the rooms were big and clean, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the conference rooms were large and comfortable. The hotel restaurant food was very tasty and even the pub food there in the hotel was not bad either (the pub was a bit dirty however). I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Dear Student traveller:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete the Trip Advisor Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We work hard to make the Radisson Hotel Edmonton the best place to stay while in Edmonton. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.Thank you for choosing us out of all the lodging choices you had to choose from.
Robin Cumine
Area General Manager
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2010

The rooms were clean and nice. Very friendly housekeeping. No wireless internet in the rooms.

Very quiet hallways, but then again I did walk a very long ways to get to my room.

They let me check in early, which was very nice and unexpected.

Parking is a nightmare - and they need security there patrolling - someone was actually panhandling in the parking lot.

Close to the edge of town and lots of shopping.

The Atrium area is very nice too.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Lloydminster, Canada
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I just spent a week there, while I was in town for business. Its nothing special but was convenient for the building I needed to be in for work. I upgraded for an extra $20 per night to their deluxe room and compared to what colleagues were saying it is a good thing I did. My room was spacious and had a little sitting area and a king sized sleep number bed. I noticed everyday housekeeping would fiddle with the numbers though. I don't really care for those beds as they just end up lumpy.

My other complaint was the lack of TSN on their TV. Since the Olympics were on, it wasn't a huge deal. But when I mentioned it to the front desk at checkout, he told me yeah they knew it was a problem and I should've called and maintenance would have come and fixed it. If they knew there was a problem, shouldn't you have it fixed before you rent out the room?

The breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about and their "restaurant" is just tables and chairs in the middle of a common area. No half walls or anything to designate it as the restaurant. The Lionshead Pub was a decent place to eat and watch the hockey game.

I liked the fact they had underground parking, so I wasn't as concerned about having my car broken into. Not that the area is bad, but when in unfamiliar areas I do worry slightly about it. The other nice thing is the location, it has a street next to it that connects Gateway and Calgary Trails so getting around is easy.

Be aware that if a rate is quoted a few months earlier and certain things are included like a fridge, it isn't necessarily the same, even with the same special rate, as a colleague found out. Also pets are allowed as I found out. Not being a pet person I didn't appreciate sharing an elevator with a dog.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Red Deer, Alberta
Reviewed February 24, 2010

I stayed here for leisure, and it was ok, but you can definitely get more for how much you spend by going elsewhere. There was hardly any parking and the sleep number bed was the most uncomfortable thing ever! There was also no fridge or microwave like stated on the website. The free wireless internet was terrible. It wasn't the worst hotel experience ever, but for what I paid I certainly expected more.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
dublin
Reviewed January 26, 2010

We had several problems with the staff at this hotel. Complaints were unanswered and the front desk manager could care less about what we had problems with. You will find that the price is good at this hotel but if you have ANY issues, good luck getting help or any information from the staff. Don't stay here just to save a dollar.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Edson
Reviewed January 24, 2010

This hotel is nothing but a bunch of crooks! They charged us three nights extra worth of stays due to a noise complaint. Not at any time were we made aware that we had a complaint or that there was any problems at all, no one contacted us until almost 24 hours after the report of the complaint. And even then they did not try to speak to us about the problem or what had occurred at the time, we were just told we had to pay for three extra nights! When we tried to resolve the issue with the management, no manager was on duty and we spent an entire week of phone calls trying to reason with them only to have them ignore us and call us liars! The customer service is a joke!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple