“Very nice hotel with a very nice gym.”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #19 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Montreal, Canada
“Very nice hotel with a very nice gym.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

you know some times when you are away and you would like to work out and you then got to your hotel gym and it is set up in a very minimalist place, unpleasant place, well , this hotel provide a very nice gym with all of what is need to work out.

The rooms were very nice, service excellent and I had 2 great work out during my stay. So fo r a change, I was not disappointed by the gym.

every ting was great.

Room Tip: all the rooms a relatively the same , they a usually suites.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BenoitGuilbert
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experiences at the Radisson Hotel with the Trip Advisor community, we are very happy to hear about your positive experiences!

We are excited to hear that our staff was very helpful during your stay; and that you enjoyed your guest room. Additionally, it is nice to know that you were able to enjoy the Fitness Centre; it is always nice to be able to get in your complete work out while on the road and you managed to get two in !

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your positive experiences at the Radisson Hotel. Nous nous réjouissons à la perspective de la prochaine occasion pour saluer votre retour lorsque votre voyage vous apporter à Edmonton

Kindest Regards,

Robin Cumine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I used to stay here when it was owned by Coast and it was quite terrible. Radisson has turned it around with updated rooms and much better staff who really make a difference. Great benefits for Club Carlson members - you'll want to do this as my experience has been better since with free room upgrades and other little things that make you feel like a valued customer.

Room Tip: I prefer the atrium facing suites for my stays
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Business_Tripper2013
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful comments. We are thrilled to read your kind comments regarding the hotel since becoming a Radisson.

As a Club Carlson member, you can redeem your Gold Points for free nights at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide – with no blackout dates on standard rooms. Or you may choose from a collection of other first-class redemption opportunities.

Our commitment to providing outstanding guest service as well as comfortable accommodations mentioned in your kind words, will be shared with our team! We are very happy to know that your visit to the Radisson Hotel Edmonton filled your expectations and that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

With thanks

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice clean modern rooms with great beds and pillows. The breakfast in the restaurant was sort of plain and ordinary but the service was great. We had meetings in their conference center down stairs, there was an attached area where snacks and coffee were served all day and I have to say that the food and service there was some of the best I have ever had. The hotel is located in a decent location for doing some shopping nearby, as well there are some really decent chain restaurant close.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank N2thedeep
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit so thoroughly. I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with our facilities, especially our conference center and connections café, where our health inspired innovative cuisine guarantee a premier meeting experience with meaningful results. I am also delighted to know that our breakfast service exceeded your expectations and that you would rate us so highly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Edmonton again, hopefully very soon.

Warmest regards,

Calgary, AB
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just returned from an overnight stay at the hotel.

Positives:
- location - right on the highway into Edmonton from the south
- many restaurants in the area (I didn't try the one in the hotel)
- if you have a vehicle, it's very convenient going to South Commons, West Edmonton Mall, downtown and the university
- rooms have been refurbished (I remember going to Sunday brunch with my family 30 years ago when hotel was called Coast Terrace)
- was helped by Ekram at front desk; very helpful and professional
- room was very clean; I asked for a quiet room but preferred facing outside (there are rooms facing inside into the terrace). I'm an extremely light sleeper and I couldn't hear any traffic. Have heard from relative afterwards that her son stayed in a room facing inside and was woken early every morning by the staff in the restaurants setting up tables.
- bathroom very clean; I liked the shower - hot and powerful sprays

Negatives:
- didn't bother me as I was just by myself but the edge of the king bed sagged when I sat down (I don't think I'm too heavy for it at 120 lbs)
- as I said, this is not a brand-new establishment so even though the rooms have been refurbished, I was kind of bothered by the smell of smoke in the room. I don't know if the entire hotel is now smoke-free but there's a card in the room itself indicating no-smoking. It's not like someone smoked and left the room the night before; it's more like over the years the room absorbed the smell of smoke.

Given the many positives, the price I paid (tried using Priceline for the first time), I was very close to giving it the 5 stars if not for the smell of smoke.

With family in Edmonton, we've stayed in what's considered the top hotels in downtown, the mid-priced in the edges of town (especially the new chain ones), I can feel comfortable recommending this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cgymember
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Radisson Hotel Edmonton , and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

I am absolutely delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, and I am very glad that you were pleased with our accommodation and service. I am also pleased to learn that you noted that your room was quiet and most importantly very clean and comfortable. It means a great deal to us all to know that we managed to exceed your expectations. I was concerned, however, to see that your room had a trace of smoke scent in it, as the hotel is now completely smoke free. I will share this with my Executive Housekeeper and ensure that the room is entirely refreshed

Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff, especially Ekram. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure that Ekram will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful comments, and to know that he made such a marvellous impression.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Radisson Edmonton, when you next come to visit with family, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,

Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just completed an extended 10 day stay. Every aspect of my stay was as close to perfect as could be expected. The room met all my needs and more. All the Staff were very friendly and helpful in regards to any assistance. My room was kept in immaculate shape each day. All supplies used were replaced every day. The Lions Head Pub onsite staff all were very friendly and served very good quick meals. This was important as I was working long days and it was late before I had a chance for dinner most days. This is about my 7th stay at this hotel and it has lived up to or exceeded my expectations every time. Thanks

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jyamahahu2016
Robin C, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your great review! We love hearing from our regular guests and really appreciate you sharing your experiences and why you return again and again to our hotel.

We take great pride in creating a friendly and comfortable atmosphere for our guests and are pleased to hear that we have been successful. I will be certain to share your comments with both the housekeeping team and the team in the Lionshead Pub.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!!

With my thanks

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while in edmonton for a wedding. Rooms were clean and spacious. The bar downstairs was nice for gathering the night before the wedding. Breakfest the next morning was good but pricey. I would stay here again. The location was great

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jennifer1128
Robin C, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel Edmonton for your recent wedding stay. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel

Your comments regarding our clean and spacious guest rooms along with your kind words about the Lionshead Pub are greatly appreciated and will also assist other travelers coming to Edmonton

It will give me great pleasure to share your positive remarks with the entire team and I am sure your praise will motivate them even further

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again to the Radisson Hotel Edmonton in the near future. Meanwhile on behalf of our entire team, I wish you a very nice summertime.

Warm regards,

Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed on this hotel last year 1st week of October with my friends. We had 3 different rooms. Check in was fast and staff are friendly. The only thing that concerns me is that the room was not really cleaned at all. I thought it was just our room but then my friends told me when they got into their room they found an empty bottled water under the bed. We do found candy wrappers on our rooms and the top sheet of our bed was not changed since we are a newly check in guest.
Right now we are planning to go to Edmonton again this summer and I hope if we come back on this hotel, I expect the rooms are well check by the Supervisors before guest checking in.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank MJ M
Thank you for choosing the Radisson for your recent stay in Edmonton. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.
To your point, all rooms are inspected for cleanliness daily, and I am unclear as to why your room was in an untidy state. As this refers to a stay back in October of 2012, I am unable to look into the specifics of your stay. I was happy to see that your check in experience was fast and friendly.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again this summer

With thanks