“Motel quality. That's what you get.”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Edmonton, Canada
“Motel quality. That's what you get.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our family stayed here for Easter since it was only available hotel when we booked. Our expectation was around Delta or Sawridge but it turned out horrible.
The lobby is dirty and smell like public washroom.
I've never seen hotel - at this price range - dirty like this. the service is very poor. feel like you are stuck in a dirty and smelly motel in the country side accidentally.

Drop your price or give up the Radisson title and change to motel. Disgustting place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
I’m sorry to hear about your experience. We are committed to providing outstanding cleanliness and customer service, and it appears that in this case we did not meet your expectations
I am not clear as to what odor you are referring to, but assure you that the standards of cleanliness and hygiene are delivered to the highest level available. The hotel enjoys an extremely strong rating when it comes to our overall cleanliness scores, so I am puzzled by your comments.

I have, however, shared them with our leadership team in order to ensure that we continue to deliver the high quality cleanliness that our guests have come to expect from us. I would absolutely welcome an opportunity to hear from you in person should you be willing to share more details about your stay

With thanks

Robin Cumine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Red Deer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel by default - travelled to Edmonton in blizzard to discover Bob Seger concert cancelled. Dangerous road conditions and no available rooms in three other hotels we checked left us with this option. Not sure why this wasn't our first choice - we got the last room that night which turned out to be a jacuzzi suite and it was wonderful. No hallway noise, great toiletries which I actually used since I had no luggage. Breakfast buffet top notch. Oddly enough the only other time we stayed at this hotel was 25 years ago on our wedding night - we arrived in our wedding clothes and had only booked a regular room because that's all we could afford-the front desk clerk gave us a beautiful suite the size of our first apartment. Thank You Radisson - you made a snow storm and cancelled concert a beautiful forced vacation. The only negative I have is the parking - we have a truck and it was a tight squeeze.

Room Tip: Interior facing rooms are nice option that face the atrium.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank reddeerab
Thank you for such an amazing review!

I am so happy to hear that after a long day of traveling we were able to offer exactly what you needed, “A friendly face, a comfortable bed, a quiet room, well needed amenities, a hot meal, and a soak in the Jacuzzi tub---all without breaking the budget”.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the near future; and you don't need to wait for the next big winter storm to stay with us. We would love to have you back for your next anniversary, or weekend get away

Grande Prairie, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The service at the Radisson is great, my room was modern and because I was staying the week was up graded to Jr suite. So why the average the restaurant here is poor. The focuses is on buffet breakfast and lunch ordering off the menu was horrible and over priced. Holiday Inn gives u a free breakfast. The pub here is decent that's a plus. Oh another perk under ground parking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank-you for sending us your comments regarding your most recent stay with our hotel

I was very pleased to see that you had such a positive experience while you were staying with us and that you were able to enjoy our Lionshead Pub and complimentary underground parking. I was happy to see that you found our guest rooms to be so comfortable and that you rated our service and cleanliness so high. As far as breakfast offers, I am not sure if you are aware but we do offer a Bed & Breakfast package, if you prefer to have breakfast included in your room offering.

Once again, thank-you for your feedback and we hope to see you again on your return to Edmonton

Sincerely

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our visa was charged double for the hotel room when we checked in I get a text when my card is used and that how we knew my husband went do the desk they said they charge more just in case u skip out on your bill my husband was never told that when we checked in and when we check out we will get it back in 2 to 3 days it will be back in our account I have never had that done to us before I will not go back to radisson hotels I am even cancelling the one I booked in canmore for Christmas
Beds were very uncomfortable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karyne Nick A
Thank you for taking the time to write and share with our Trip Advisor community your feedback from a recent stay with us.

I was concerned to read your comments, but can absolutely assure you that you were not double charged for your stay. Your comment about skipping out on your bill is also not accurate, and I am comfortable that no one from my team stated that, as it is not true.My thought is that you did not understand the process of pre-authorizing your credit card, for the anticipated amount of your stay at check in. Pre-authorization is a standard process in all hotels globally.

I was pleased to see how you rated the cleanliness of our guest rooms.

We truly apprecaite hearing from our wonderful customers, and are committed to providing outstanding customer service and modern comfortable accomodations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

All my thanks

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I attended a seminar at this location early March 2013 the service at checkin was excellent and very professional. We had requested a king bed room and it exceeded our expectations very spatious with a sofa and chair as well as a small fridge.The complementally under ground parking heated was great as it snowed that weekend. On the second morning we had a drain problem they came right away to try and fix the problem when it couldn't be fixed they moved us to another room, nicer than the first one, We requested wine glasses and bathrobes they were sent to our room within 10min. excellent service from all the staff. The parking out front is limited but with indoor parking it's not necessary except if you have a large truck.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your very gracious review of our hotel. We are all very pleased that you made the decision to stay with us and that you had a great experience at our property! We're also very pleased that you sensed the care and attention that we offer for all of our guests. Your comments regarding the robe and wine glassed that you requested, as well as the move to an upgraded guest room was wonedrful and has been shared with our Guest Experience Agent. We also appreciate the many comments that you shared about the hotel and its numerous facilities including the heated underground parking.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

With thanks

Prince George, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice room and building. The halls were not clean however the room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The parking for a pick-up truck was very tight and not convenient to the entrance. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your kind comments! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Hotel Edmontonand that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable and quiet guestroom. I do apologize if you fount the parking to be a bit tight during your stay. Our hotel offers a relaxing atmosphere in an attractive location and we thank you for sharing your experiences. We will of course pass along your compliments to our team

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Edmonton

Regards

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 2nd stay and review of the property. I stayed here on the weekend of the 23rd and was there for 1 night.

I was checked in by Jen at the desk and she was fantastic. Super friendly and professional, she even upgraded me to a King Sized room as there was space available - this is the 2nd time I've been upgraded too at no charge. This is why I love this property as you dont have to beg or suggest for an upgrade, if there is one available it seems you get it.

The upgrade was for a business class which includes drink and breakfast vouchers, unfortunately I had plans for both evening and morning so I was unable to use them, I've always wanted to go to the Attrium and the Lions head pub. Maybe next time.

The room again was great, and the parking was rather full - I parked in the office parking but it was alright according to the desk. The parking is free, underground and heated.

They do a great job here for what they have, they dont need a new building with all these bells and whistles to get the job done. Kudos to the staff and management team here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clover82
Thank you for very much for sharing the positive experience with our readers and more importantly thank you for joining us again as a repeat guest. We are delighted to hear that you continue to choose our property as we work very hard to build loyalty with the Guests of the Radisson Hotel Edmonton. I was happy to hear that you experience wonderful service from Jen at the Front Desk; it is rewarding to hear such kind comments, and I will be sure to recognize her personally for that

I was also delighted to read all the wonderful cooments regarding your upgrade to business class and your kind comments regarding the hotel facilities

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit with us.