“Great Location for a Seminar”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #21 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I attended a seminar at this location early March 2013 the service at checkin was excellent and very professional. We had requested a king bed room and it exceeded our expectations very spatious with a sofa and chair as well as a small fridge.The complementally under ground parking heated was great as it snowed that weekend. On the second morning we had a drain problem they came right away to try and fix the problem when it couldn't be fixed they moved us to another room, nicer than the first one, We requested wine glasses and bathrobes they were sent to our room within 10min. excellent service from all the staff. The parking out front is limited but with indoor parking it's not necessary except if you have a large truck.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your very gracious review of our hotel. We are all very pleased that you made the decision to stay with us and that you had a great experience at our property! We're also very pleased that you sensed the care and attention that we offer for all of our guests. Your comments regarding the robe and wine glassed that you requested, as well as the move to an upgraded guest room was wonedrful and has been shared with our Guest Experience Agent. We also appreciate the many comments that you shared about the hotel and its numerous facilities including the heated underground parking.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

With thanks

There are newer reviews for Radisson Edmonton South

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nice room and building. The halls were not clean however the room was clean, quiet and very comfortable. The parking for a pick-up truck was very tight and not convenient to the entrance. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your kind comments! It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Hotel Edmontonand that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable and quiet guestroom. I do apologize if you fount the parking to be a bit tight during your stay. Our hotel offers a relaxing atmosphere in an attractive location and we thank you for sharing your experiences. We will of course pass along your compliments to our team

We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next trip to Edmonton

Regards

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is my 2nd stay and review of the property. I stayed here on the weekend of the 23rd and was there for 1 night.

I was checked in by Jen at the desk and she was fantastic. Super friendly and professional, she even upgraded me to a King Sized room as there was space available - this is the 2nd time I've been upgraded too at no charge. This is why I love this property as you dont have to beg or suggest for an upgrade, if there is one available it seems you get it.

The upgrade was for a business class which includes drink and breakfast vouchers, unfortunately I had plans for both evening and morning so I was unable to use them, I've always wanted to go to the Attrium and the Lions head pub. Maybe next time.

The room again was great, and the parking was rather full - I parked in the office parking but it was alright according to the desk. The parking is free, underground and heated.

They do a great job here for what they have, they dont need a new building with all these bells and whistles to get the job done. Kudos to the staff and management team here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clover82

Thank you for very much for sharing the positive experience with our readers and more importantly thank you for joining us again as a repeat guest. We are delighted to hear that you continue to choose our property as we work very hard to build loyalty with the Guests of the Radisson Hotel Edmonton. I was happy to hear that you experience wonderful service from Jen at the Front Desk; it is rewarding to hear such kind comments, and I will be sure to recognize her personally for that

I was also delighted to read all the wonderful cooments regarding your upgrade to business class and your kind comments regarding the hotel facilities

Thank you once again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The parking lot is too small for a bus or large truck.
Inebriated people were running the halls, yelling and slamming doors until 3:15am.
It was a Friday night and a hockey game occurred earlier.
After some quiet and I finally got to sleep, there was one more door slam at 4:20am.
I had to leave at 6:40am and there was a restaurant off the lobby, but not open until 7:00. There was a "breakfast " offering at the front desk, of apple, orange, coffee, tea or granola bar.
I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time in providing your valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton. Although it is never pleasant to hear of any issues on the part of our guests, this feedback does allow us to discover shortcomings and make improvements.

I apologize for our failure to provide the level of comfort you expect and deserve. We have a strict hotel policy on noise disturbance, and we offer 24 hour security in order to deal with any noise issues. The hotel takes extra steps to ensure that every guest enjoys an overall excellent experience. We will certainly re-evaluate our process to ensure that in your next visit, you will notice a remarkable improvement in this area.

We at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton pride ourselves in guest satisfaction and we care about each and every guest. Thank you once again for taking the time to pass on your comments; I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future

Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel to Edmonton on business 6-8 times a year and stay a week at a time. I used to stay downtown & after trying different places found this one to be the best. After they did their renovations & made some staff changes the place was wonderful. The hotel has a pub as well as a restaurant - both offer good food. The dining room is better than most hotels. They have a gourmet burger menu that is more 5 star hotel than a Radisson Hotel. They took out the Sleep Number beds thankfully so the beds are much better. The rooms are clean & quiet - all I require. Shopping & other eating places close enough to walk to. It's also a perfect place for a business meeting. The meeting rooms are great & their pricing is very competative.
If something is not right - they make it right.

Room Tip: I avpide the rooms that face into the atrium as they can be a little noisy and you can't open a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed our Lionshead Pub as well as the Atrium Restaurant. I also apprectate your kind comments about the Burger Menu, as well as our clean and comfortable guest rooms. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the entire team. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit to Edmonton

Many thanks

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stay for a work conference. Rooms were fine, restaurant had very decent food, and the Pub in the Hotel was good. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. The wifi was solid. Well organized conference done by the staff

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Edmonton

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments on the guest room quality and your experience with the Pub, the Atrium and our professional service team in the SilverBirch Conference Centre. I will be sure to share your comments with them as we strive to provide outstanding experiences as well as a modern and well appointed guest room

We would be delighted to host you during your next visit to Edmonton. I look forward to your return

With thanks

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A few things that were unsatisfactory regarding the hotel.

1. Room smelled horrible....animal dung found as reason.
2. Room service food was cold and indelible.
3. Room Service phone attendant very rude.
4. Toilet backed up
5. Shaw digital cable service suspended.

Two satisfactory things

1. Service at front desk
2. Parking

Room Tip: Only some of the rooms have been upgraded.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel, specifically regarding the room cleanliness and room service experience. I can assure you that your comments have been thorougly reviewed by the executive housekeeper as well as the restaurant manager to ensure that we do not repeat the experience of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased, however, to see that you felt your experience with the Front Desk was positive.

On a seperate note, in regards to the shaw cable; we were not made aware that they were conducting the upgrades until they shut off the HD service, which is why it was not communicated to you. The good news is that they completed the upgrades and we now offer 27 HDTV channels, up from the previous 12.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in order to meet or exceed your expectations when you return