“Great location and value”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #17 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Great location and value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I travel to Edmonton on business 6-8 times a year and stay a week at a time. I used to stay downtown & after trying different places found this one to be the best. After they did their renovations & made some staff changes the place was wonderful. The hotel has a pub as well as a restaurant - both offer good food. The dining room is better than most hotels. They have a gourmet burger menu that is more 5 star hotel than a Radisson Hotel. They took out the Sleep Number beds thankfully so the beds are much better. The rooms are clean & quiet - all I require. Shopping & other eating places close enough to walk to. It's also a perfect place for a business meeting. The meeting rooms are great & their pricing is very competative.
If something is not right - they make it right.

Room Tip: I avpide the rooms that face into the atrium as they can be a little noisy and you can't open a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you enjoyed our Lionshead Pub as well as the Atrium Restaurant. I also apprectate your kind comments about the Burger Menu, as well as our clean and comfortable guest rooms. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the entire team. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit to Edmonton

Many thanks

Robin Cumine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stay for a work conference. Rooms were fine, restaurant had very decent food, and the Pub in the Hotel was good. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. The wifi was solid. Well organized conference done by the staff

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
First of all, thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Radisson Hotel Edmonton

I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive comments on the guest room quality and your experience with the Pub, the Atrium and our professional service team in the SilverBirch Conference Centre. I will be sure to share your comments with them as we strive to provide outstanding experiences as well as a modern and well appointed guest room

We would be delighted to host you during your next visit to Edmonton. I look forward to your return

With thanks

Saskatoon, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

A few things that were unsatisfactory regarding the hotel.

1. Room smelled horrible....animal dung found as reason.
2. Room service food was cold and indelible.
3. Room Service phone attendant very rude.
4. Toilet backed up
5. Shaw digital cable service suspended.

Two satisfactory things

1. Service at front desk
2. Parking

Room Tip: Only some of the rooms have been upgraded.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel, specifically regarding the room cleanliness and room service experience. I can assure you that your comments have been thorougly reviewed by the executive housekeeper as well as the restaurant manager to ensure that we do not repeat the experience of your recent stay with us.

I was pleased, however, to see that you felt your experience with the Front Desk was positive.

On a seperate note, in regards to the shaw cable; we were not made aware that they were conducting the upgrades until they shut off the HD service, which is why it was not communicated to you. The good news is that they completed the upgrades and we now offer 27 HDTV channels, up from the previous 12.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in order to meet or exceed your expectations when you return

Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

You can only stay at so many chain hotels before they all start to look the same. Well, the Radisson was pretty much like any other hotel to me. I stayed here on one of those true Edmonton winter nights when it was pushing -30 outside so the first thing I noticed was the free underground parking. Talk about knowing what people want when people visit your city. I stayed in a standard room, which was more than big enough for my needs. The room was a bit bland and I'm not sure who arranged the decor (less than visually pleasing in some areas) but everything was clean and functional, which is the important thing at this kind of hotel.

The restaurant was closed by the time I arrived so I ate fish and chips in the pub, which were disappointing. I was impressed by the beer selection and I wish the food was up to a higher standard to go along with it. If it was at least cheap, I would have given it a pass but it wasn't. Still though, having a pub as well as a restaurant downstairs isn't always something you see in a Radisson so it can only be considered an asset.

Staff were all professional during my stay and I think the hotel management know what people want from their hotel. Free internet, free heated parking and big rooms - not quite the holy trinity but a good way to make your guests happy, especially at this price point. If you're looking for an affordable place to stay in Edmonton that won't charge you for extras and is in a reasonable location, this hotel probably fits the bill.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and valuable feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed our large guestrooms, our heated underground parking as well as our complimentary high speed internet. Our commitment to our guests is to deliver service experiences; not just in the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms, but in the warmth and friendliness of our entire team. It appears that in that regard, we met your expectations

We look forward to being of service to you again in the future. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Hotel Edmonton

Sincerely

Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our room was large, clean and quiet. And what a fantastic bed. They had one of those adjustable king-sized beds, and I could set my side to the exact firmness that I liked. There was a large flat-screen tv and a pull-out couch. We had a great meal in the pub on the main floor. One of my biggest complaints in many hotels is how dark the shower is. They rectified this issue by having a very shear panel at the top of the shower curtain, allowing a lot of light in. Instead of a gift store, they have a vending machine that sell just about anything you can imagine. Although we were able to get parkling right at the front, I could see that parking might be an issue. The underground parking has a clearance of 5'6" and the lot surrounding might get very full if there was an event or if the hotel was at full capacity. That said, it was a great value, and I'm trying to come up with another reason to stay there again!

Room Tip: This hotel has an atrium, I would make sure to get an outward facing room, not one facing the atrium...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel!

We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us and that our hotel was able to meet all your needs.Your kind comments regarding the sleep number bed, HD flat screen TV's and shower lighting are greatly appreciated. We are very much looking forward to having you back and don't forget; Edmonton has lots to offer for families and little getaways. Our leisure travellers love our convenient location as you can access all the great restaurants, shops and events happening in our beautiful Festivals City!

See you soon!

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel at this location.

We enjoyed our second stay even better then the first one.

Great room, great costumer service.

Huge gym, nice size pool, hot tub. They even have a tanning bed.

Rates are comparable with other hotels in Edmonton. Please don't forget about free parking.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete the on-line review and your kind compliments on your recent (2nd) stay with us. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our spacious guest rooms, our Fitness Center as well as the wonderful customer service that you recieved

On behalf of the staff and management, we thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit

With thanks

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very clean, we went kingsize which gave us a sofa bed and lots of room, staff are very good and are ensuring you enjoy your stay. Breakfast can be a buffet or from the menu and is well done, supper is expensive but well served and very tasty

Room Tip: Went with kingsize bed got sofa as well, lots of room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel and friendly staff. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review. I was pleased to see your comment regarding the large king sized room that you enjoyed. I was also happy to see that you enjoyed both supper and breakfast in the Atrium restaurant, and will pass your comments along to the team with thanks

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel during your next visit to Edmonton
Many thanks