“Poorest We have ever been treated”

Radisson Edmonton South
Ranked #23 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 7, 2012

After waiting on hold for quite awhile to make a reservation,the woman who answered the call was unproffessional and rude.I asked if there was a room available for the night.She started to ask questions about membership cards and seemed annoyed at my answers.I still didn't have an answer to my question"do you have a room?"I had to tell her just say yes or no, so I can move on if not available.Finally she is going to take my reservation.My last name is only 5 letters long,she asked me to spell it three times!! Thought that all was arranged now.Not quite.The adventure continues trying to find parking.Most of the stalls in front have Rental cars in them!We tried to park out back,but all the doors are locked except the pub.Finally drove around until someone left from restaurant.When I checked in NO reservationThe reservation woman spelled my name wrong after asking me to spell it over and over.Top it off,the gal at the desk would not look me in the eye after voicing the above complaints....not even an apology or Care!.NEVER again at this joint.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

I want to thank you for taking the time to review us. We strive to make each and every stay with us a memorable experience for our guests. On the odd occasion we do not live up to the expectations of our guests, and for that I apologize

As I dont have any specific details on your reservation, I am unable to comment on what transpired, but it sounds to me like a communication error; and I will be certain to share your concerns with our reservations department to ensure that no one else encounters this in the future

As far as parking, I can assure you that if there were rental cars in the stalls, they belonged to the guests of the hotel. We have over 200 surface stalls, as well as 2 floors of heated underground parking available for our guests. I am sorry if you had difficulty finding a stall

Once again thank you for bringing your concerns to us.

Yours

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Spacious, updated room with king bed and balcony, very clean.
Very pleasant, thoughtful staff throughout. They were not on auto-pilot, but were attuned to guests without being in your face. Even the maintenance man who interrupted his elevator trip so I could go to my floor first displayed good customer service. Seemed to be the overall culture of the Radisson during our 2 day stay
Breakfast and lunch were provided at the conference and the food was EXCELLENT! What a pleasant surprise.
The 2 dinners we ate at the onsite Lions Head Pub were fine - good service and pub grub- a few too many blaring TV's set to Sports channels, but that seems to be the norm these days.
Other than the room being chilly at times, the conference facilities were very good, too.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was extremely pleased to read your wonderful comments about the outstanding service culture that you experienced, as we are focused on delivering delightful experiences to all of our guests. It was also rewarding to have you share your very kind comments regarding the food and beverage as well as your comfortable guest room. I will be certain to share your review with the enitre hotel team. It is indeed a compliment for us that you plan on returning to our hotel again

Again, thank you for the kind review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Kind regards

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed there last night in a room with a King size bed, couch, chair. The room was much larger than expected and there was a nice balcony. If feels better than a three star. The HD TV is quite large and extremely sharp, however you only get cable channels and pay per view. There is a beautiful indoor court yard.
I found that the bed was really hard, and that the duvet gave too much heat. I was told only when checking out that the mattress is adjustable and there is a remote control for setting the desired firmness. There is also a lighter blanket in the closet. If I'd know all this before hand...
The location is ideal, close to Downtown (driving distance) and convenient when coming from Calgary or from the Airport.
Another added bonus, free heated underground parking! This is a must have during the Winter!
I didn't try the restaurants, or the pool, I was only there one night.
I would come back.

Room Tip: Park underground and take the stairs up for exercise and a nice view of the court yard. The rooms o...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

I would like to Thank you for staying at The Radisson Hotel Edmonton and for the wonderful feedback you have given in your review with regard your stay

We appreciate your comments regarding how much you enjoyed spaciousness of your room and the large High Definition TV sets. I do apologize regarding your discomfort with the the sleep number bed; we do have a good number of rooms with conventional mattresses should you chose upon your retuen. It is also particularly pleasing to note your encouraging comments regarding our heated underground parking and very convenient location.I will be sure to pass your comments along to the team.

We truly apprecaite hearing from our wonderful customers, and are committed to providing outstanding customer service and modern comfortable accomodations.

All my thanks

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed here one night on our way back from Cuba, very quiet and the best beds I've slept in.
Good staff, very helpful.
The building itself is clean and well setup, nice dining area as well as a nice pub on site.
Pool, spa, hot tub looked clean and well supervised, due to short stay I didn't get a chance to use them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our Hotel. I was very pleased to note that you found our beds to be so comfortable and restful, and rooms to be so clean. I was glad that you enjoyed the Lions head Pub and Atrium Restaurant. I also apprectate your kind comments about the service that you received from our staff . We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

I look forward to seeing you at the Radisson Hotel Edmonton, during your next visit

Many thanks

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family stayed at the Radisson Edmonton South for the second time this year and were completely satisfied with our experience. The rooms were large, clean, modern and quiet with appropriate amenities including free wi-fi. The room rates were excellent value and the hotel is close and convenient to all the city of Edmonton has to offer. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms are great for families.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

I was very pleased to see that you had such a positive experience while you were staying with us. It was very nice to hear that you have stayed with us before, and plan on returning in the future

I was happy to see that you found our guest rooms to be so clean, quiet and comfortable. I will personally pass on your positive comments to all the appropriate departments.

Once again, thank-you for your feedback and we look forward to to seeing you again on your return to Edmonton

Sincerely

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Everything was wonderful from check in to check out! I would recommend you book the King Size Bed and Breakfast package if at all possible...excellent value. The room was clean and service was friendly no matter where in Hotel you went. Will definitely book here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank R J
generalmanager4440, General Manager at Radisson Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and are very grateful that you shared your comments regarding our hotel and bed and breakfast package . I apprectate your kind comments about the service that you receive from our staff and management. We are committed to providing an enjoyable experience to our guests, and it is rewarding to read your kind review.

Many thanks

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a quick one night stay at the hotel. While the room was fine, I had an unforgettably bad experience in the restaurant.

It had been a long day and I was looking for a quick meal before going to bed. I waited 5 minutes at the front counter of the open atrium restaurant to be served. The manager emerged from the back to seat me with barely an acknowledgement. After sitting at my table for 15 minutes with not a single acknowledgement from the two servers that kept walking past me, I got up to leave. A gentleman that was sitting in the adjacent table noticed me leaving and commented on how bad the service was. The additional minute I spent talking to him was enough to get the manager's attention of my departure. I told the manager how unacceptable it was to have been kept waiting 20 minutes and he asked me to sit and briskly assured me that my food would be out quickly. The server showed up promptly with water and to take my order but then I waited another 15 minutes to receive bread.

The burger was excellent and the server was apologetic afterwards. However, there was no discount on the bill and the manager's rudeness to his staff put me off on ever going back.

The staff were obviously inexperienced. Two servers could not manage 5 tables. The manager was barely civil to his customers. I've served at restaurants before and was aghast at the entire experience. The entire experience really clouded my stay and I'm not entirely certain I'll come back. When I stay in a hotel with a restaurant, I expect a basic level of service for a venue that should be able to accommodate tired travelers or those unfamiliar with the area. I know there are better options in the area and will likely go there instead.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review us on tripadvisor.ca

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. Your comments have been shared with our Restaurant Manager about the lack of service in the Atrium Restaurant and we are following up with the supervisor on duty that evening. We have a high standard for service and unfortunately the level of service that evening was not up to our standard. We value our employees and our guests and are continuing on-going training for our staff and management.

Due to the poor dining experience and service you received in the Atrium Restaurant, we would love to invite you back to our hotel to give our restaurant a second chance. Please contact me directly when you would like to return to our hotel.