“Hotel staff”

Ranked #75 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Montreal, Canada
“Hotel staff”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Comfortable rooms , excellent restaurant and breakfast buffet . Nice Hotel staff , especially Manager Assistant Lady L , always quick and valuable respond for any request
I will stay in that Hotel again and recommend it for everybody

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sergiy G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Got hotel off hotwire and was presently surprised. Many good restaurants nearby, we brought wine up to hot tub which was open until 10pm. Very nice spot. Was clean enough, bathroom could use some updating. Try to get a room on the top floor as the view is nice from the Window.

• Stayed July 2014
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 19, 2014

As the elevator doors opened on the 8th floor, it smelled like a bowling alley. I walked down the hall to my room and noticed loose wires hanging from the ceiling. What they were to, or if they could've shocked someone, I will never know. I opened the door to my room. The air conditioning was set to "ice box". The first thing I noticed was the dirty "welcome to our hotel" sheet that was sitting on the desk. It looked like it had been welcoming guests to that room since 1974. It was stained, wrinkled, and sat on a desk covered in dust. "Does it really take that much effort to print off a new one?!", I thought. Before I unpacked, the first thing I did was checked for bed bugs. I didn't notice anything at first, until I get to the top of the mattress seam by the headboard. There it was. Waiting to feast on me. I didn't stick around to look for more. I grabbed my bags and went down to the front desk. The manager acted as though she didn't believe me. She said, "Do you mind if I go up there and look for myself?" I said, "Sure. Go right ahead." Liliana Sin was the front desk associate primarily deal with me. She was apologetic and wanted to make the situation right - which I appreciated. She informed me that there were no other rooms available that evening, as they were at maximum capacity. She tried to book me at other hotels in the area, but they were full as well. She ended up booking me at an airport hotel, which was fine. I didn't mind. She also gave me a travel voucher for a cab, which was appreciated. As for the manager... she came back downstairs after checking it out and didn't say a word to me. Not a peep.

*On a side note, I have been to the Sutton Place Hotel in Chicago. It's clean and beautiful. My friends in Vancouver also said that the Sutton Place property in Vancouver is top notch. Why is this Edmonton location dropping the ball so hard? That place is such a dump!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Nice hotel. Nice room. Good location, close to all ammenities. Large heated pool. Competent staff.
We had a potentially serious medical emergency during the night, and the night manager Darcy and receptionist Brittany did a great job coming to the room to investigate and calling an ambulance and were very calm and organized. It made me feel grateful that we were staying in a real hotel with good staff.
Thanks again.
L.M.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Had to rent a hotel last minute DT Edmonton for a wedding I was attending. Sutton place sounded like it would be a pretty nice hotel, located in DT which I wanted and not crazy in price.
Here are the good things first : They accommodated my request for early check in. Appreciated!
Suite was in need of renovation but clean. Both Room service personnel and front desk personnel did their best to apologize to me and compensate me for my crappy experience.
Experience : Grosssss bathtube with some kind of dark marks/stains/dirt who knows...not inviting for a bath..that's forsure...the room service was the WORST I have ever had in my life. For 17$ a plate...I recv'd a portion for a toddler...it was cold...they did not make the food the way we ordered it...(egg whites only) so my daughter could not eat her eggs...and as she ordered a eggs benedict...that was difficlut..only one set of silverwear for three meals ordered I also ordered a eggs benny so I gave my daughter the silverwear and I ate with my fingers...as U ..waited FOREVER for them to bring me more silverwear and the toast that my other daughter did not receive with her order.......had to wash my daughters yogurt spoon and use that to eat hashbrowns...when they finally brought the missing toast...it was not watch we ordered (wholewheat) ...it was cold...with no butter and we were given a choice of either one pkg of jam or one pkg of peanut butter. BRUTAL.. They deducted this meal from my bill....and gave me free parking (I had to pay 31$ to self park in their parkade)

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Checked in the room, noticed the window lock was broken. Called front desk and advise them of the situation. They said will send someone up. One hour later after calling front desk three times if anyone is coming, as it was getting late. The gentleman came up, looked at it and said can't fix it til tomorrow or until someone can. Was not happy because it was not safe for our children. Called front desk and they switched us rooms. The room was dirty, there was garbage in the room from previous ppl who checked in that room. Checked vehicle in valet and was told it was in the parking section that it will be secured... To find out it was parked in the public parking section, which we could have done that ourselves. Still had to pay the $40 a day for valet, even though it was parked in public parking across the street.. Will never stay here again... !!!

• Stayed June 2014
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Keep in mind we paid a much lower rate for this room by booking through Hotwire so your value may vary. We have 20 month old twins and really enjoyed the weekend we spent here. We were aware of the extra cost for parking going in. Since our kids are typically early risers, we parked across the street and had to go pay every morning at 6am. Next time I would pay the $5 extra and just park in the parkade. The other challenge was that only one elevator was working so it was a long wait. Those things were minor though. We loved being close to downtown and were able to walk to so many places. It was a very hot weekend and we used the pedway into the air-conditioned mall once. We also tremendously enjoyed the pool. What a view!! Just a relaxing space for all of us. The second floor seating area and lobby are also comfortable for visiting. We would definately go back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family