“Central location”

The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #72 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed September 7, 2013

For downtown Edmonton and especially in winter months, have plus 15s that can take you anywhere without walking outside. Edmonton Centre with shopping is adjacent. Has been updated but it took forever to do. Rooms are comfortable, breakfast included is nothing more than stale pastry, boxed cereal and fruit that has seen better days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked this hotel on line and they said parking was included, but when we arrived at the check in they told us that we have to pay for every night we stay at the hotel.
The final rate was much more expensive that if we would booked in a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Sutton Place Hotel is known for class and outstanding customer service, but it was obvious that this particular hotel is in dire need of renovation. Our room was a descent size, that included a clean and comfortable queen beds. I probably expected a bit more for the price we paid, and I was extremely shock to learn that local calls were $1 each (not per minute) when I checked out of the hotel. There is no one to blame but myself - I should have definitely clarified this with the staff prior to making any calls.
The staff were friendly, check-in/out process was okay, swimming pool is located on the top level with a gorgeous view of downtown Edmonton. Negative aspect was the parking fee, which was $27/night, and the outdated style of the hotel.

Room Tip: For the price per night of this hotel, I would recommend checking in else where!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was a frequent guest here 6 years ago and was always happy with the hotel. I recently stayed here and discovered that nothing has changed with the rooms (at least the room I stayed in). The restaurant is new, not sure when they added this, but it looked quite nice. I wasn't able to eat there so I cannot comment on the food / service.
The lobby has minor changes, mostly furniture, lighting, and lounge ceiling. The walls are still the honey colourd oak panel. If they wanted to go with the boutique hotel look (they added large purple velvet sofas, shag rug, new lighting), they should have painted the walls.
The staff were nice, I checked in late so there was only one person working. The free breakfast that was included in my rate was okay, typical continental breakfast.
The rooms were dated but relatively clean. The owners committed to a renovation a few years ago when they purchased it, I think thy need to move on this to uphold the Sutton brand as this property is nothing like the Vancouver hotel.
The rate was good, but I think I would try something else if I were returning.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel was disappointing, not a disaster, but it just felt tired. The line to check in was always 5 or 6 people deep. One elevator wasn't working when we were there and even with all three elevators going it seemed that they would be insufficient. Our bathroom didn't feel as clean as it should have, especially the bathtub/shower. The rest of the hotel was just average. Everything looked liked it needed renovation, probably five years ago. This is a satisfactory hotel, but not a superior one that the Sutton Place name would normally convey.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We found our stay to be very pleasant. The room was large and comfortable, good bed! The maid staff vey thorough. Concierge and Security were very friendly and helpful, even suggested a great restaurant with a patio. The front desk ladies were excellent, very nice friendly and professional. We will be back.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel is slowly updating the lobby and is now looking more modern The service is always excellent and the room service food is excellent. I stay here for business as it is central location and am always treated very well . Friendly staff and helpful

Room Tip: get the rooms away from the elevator less people noise
1  Thank Coldmaxima