I'm not sure how to best rate Sutton Place Hotel in Edmonton. It is a hotel with great potential that lives up to expectations in a few areas but is generally run down.
Reservations and Reception: were well handled, all my information was properly captured and recorded and staff were well prepared on my arrival. The receptionist was very pleasant and had a gentle sense of humour but was very soft-spoken and difficult to hear in what was a very noisy lobby at the time.
Parking: The hotel has underground parking that is easy to access. I had to move my car to another lot after one day as their lot was being closed for cleaning. The alternate parking was easy to find and the transition arrangements were fairly straight-forward.
Elevators/Hallways/Rooms: everything has a tired, worn-down look. Panels in the elevators are scratched and marked up and many have shifted or settled creating a "disheveled" look. Carpets, paint and furniture are all worn.
Equipment: everything worked from the clock, to the TV, to the plumbing all functioined as intended. The complimentary wireless was easy to connect to, however, is quite slow and only suitable for checking email or light browsing. I did not pay for the internet upgrade.
Housekeeping; was a pleasant surprise. They were very fast thoughout my stay and did a nice job with the exception of forgetting faceclothes on one day.
Meeting facilities: were pretty standard. I am one of those individuals who makes a lot of notes during a conference so found the tables a bit cramped, but when I look around the room I observed I was a definite minority.
Location: everything of interest in downton Edmonton is easy to find and if there is bad weather the pedway system is quite easy to navigate. Location is one of the Sutton Place's best attributes. I did find my room quite noisy with frequent interruptions from sirens or other street noise,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at The Sutton Place Hotel you will notice the service, comfort and convenience we provide to each and every guest. Our 313 guest rooms and suites range in size from spacious traditional accommodations to our two storey luxurious Royal Suite. Connected to five major office towers and over 400 shops and businesses in the adjoining City Centre Mall, the property is ideally situated within the Arts district and downtown Edmonton. The hotel brings a taste of tradition and elegance to the heart of Alberta's Capital City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sutton Place Edmonton
- Edmonton Sutton Place Hotel
- The Sutton Place Hotel Edmonton Alberta