Oh goodness where do I start with this place… I was utterly disappointed.
The hotel hallways remind you of like a jail or some type of dungeon. It is quite grungy and grey and the hallways go on forever. There was a horrible musty smell coming from the grungy dirty carpets and we had to cover our faces until we made it to the end of the hall way to our room.
The rooms are extremely outdated. It didn’t bother me too much as long as the room was clean but I thought it was worth mentioning. Apparently the hotel rooms are under renovation so maybe in a year the hotel will be up to par but the rooms right now are way outdated. I didn’t like the blankets too much either, cheap and thin. Our view was the back of a car wash… Yay.
There is a restaurant in the hotel and judging by the items on the menu I would assume they would be of good quality… however I was proven wrong again. I ordered the prime rib and it was served dry. Although ordered medium the meat was extremely tough. The meat wasn’t served with any au jus, or horseradish as it is traditionally served. Once asked for some au jus I sat there with my prime rib getting cold for 15 minutes. Finally a waitress walked by and we reminded her for my au jus and she finally brought it. However it didn’t help my meal what’s so ever.
The only good thing I do have to say about the hotel is the location. It was about a $7.50 cab ride to the West Edmonton Mall which was the primary reason why we chose to come to Edmonton. The mall is definitely something worth seeing.
In the end I rather pay $15 more and stay at the holiday inn as we heard some great things about it and its in the same location. We only chose this hotel because it was $15 cheaper than the holiday inn and from the website the hotel comes off as very upscale when it definitely is not.
I would not stay here again unless all the renovations were complete, the changed the carpet in the hallways and they got a new chef in the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are here for business or leisure, the recently update Executive Royal Hotel, conveniently located in the heart of West Edmonton is the preferred destination. This full service, convention hotel is located within walking distance of the world famous West Edmonton Mall and 15 minutes from downtown and Ice District. The hotel facilities include 235 tastily appointed guest room and suites, licensed full service Steels Cafe & Grill and Mirage Lounge, banquet and meeting rooms, business center and a fitness center. We invite you to experience the Executive Royal Hotel West Edmonton. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Executive Royal Inn West Edmonton Hotel Edmonton
- Royal Hotel West Edmonton
- Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton Alberta