“Good Hotel in Edmonton” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Toronto, Canada
“Good Hotel in Edmonton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel and found it to be a good value property. Room was spacious and clean. At three times at the restaurant for breakfast. First day was excellent. Very hot food and very quick service. The last two days was disappointing. Fast service but cold food.

One freaky thing is the lighting in the hallways. They are on a motion detector so it takes a view seconds for the lights to on....

Overall, I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel in Edmonton.

Room Tip: I always stay on top floor to see the view of the city!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear trace l;
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

It will give me great pleasure to share your positive feedback about your service from our staff. We take great pride in surrounding ourselves with caring, professional people and it is particularly satisfying when our guests let us know we are succeeding. I have passed on your concerns about the quality of the restaurant food to my Food & Beverage team.

Thank you for your feedback and telling us where we are doing a good job. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the royal in Edmonton for a weekend while we checked out the mall. It was a very pleasant stay the staff were very good and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food from the bar was really nicely done, the room was spotless and cleaned daily. All in all we would definitely go back again on our next visit.

Room Tip: All rooms were good we stayed in 217.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Maxine J

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife just spent a night in one of the best hotels in Edmonton, the rooms and beds were beautiful, the staff were very good, and the food served second to none, the server for breakfast, thank you!!! Great smile and fast service, definitely easy to review just great, thank you again, we will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Hughdillon

Thank you for taking the time to complete a trip advisor review about your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

Smithers, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The first few nights of staying in the Hotel were decent. The bed was good, and the room wasn't too cramped. However, 3 nights after staying in the Hotel, a bunch of families started showing up and were all placed on the same floor that I was. Obviously this Hotel doesn't know the difference between a business customer and a family on vacation. Two nights in a row, I had to listen to screaming kids running up and down the hallway. Another big annoyance was the lack of lubrication on the door hinges. Every door squealed when it was opened or closed, and the door required a hard pull to close it. The Management rectified the family noise issues after moving them to the end of the hall, but the damage was already done. I expect other hotels in the West End to suffer from the same problems, due to West Edmonton Mall being a big attraction for a lot of families. Lesson learned, avoid this Hotel if you are a business traveller.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with double beds, unless you want to get stuck with families that have unruly childr...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank VE7ELS
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear VE7EL
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of your past August visit at the Executive Royal HotelEdmonton.

I will be meeting with both my Security and Maintenance teams this week, working with them to ensure that these situations that you had experienced will not be repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with me. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve
CALGARY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Hot tubs weren't working properly; A/C was not efficient; restaurant & bar service and food were great. Wifi is good. Only one elevator to access the rooms and takes along time to get to the level you're on. Front desk staff let me park in front of the main access doors to the hotel. Check-in takes a while.

Room Tip: Do not ever stay / reserve or waste your time here. This place needs an over haul interms of servic...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Terry D
I would like to thank you for taking the time to submt a trip advisor review regarding your recent experience at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton. This type of feedback is essential if we are to maintain the standard of excellence that we have set for ourselves.

Your disappointment in some of the services you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies.. I have spoken with my Management Team and I can assure you that I will work more closely with them to ensure that these situations are not repeated.

Duncan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here one night during our visit to Edmonton. We were going to the West Edmonton mall which is only a few km away. The room was quite nice with a very comfy king size bed. Nothing fancy but quite nice. All in all i would stay there again.
cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Neil H

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked through Hotels.com for an executive King Suite and when we got to the room, it was a 2-Queen room which is also much smaller than the King Executive. Called the reception and had to go back down to have it switched. First said it wasn't ready but I had to insist as I wasn't going to be back until much later and didn't want to bring luggage back to the car. She suddenly found one that was ready after I got a bit upset...
Room was very nice and clean, comfortable bed and sofa-bed for the kids. Unfortunately, AC was broken and we were very uncomfortable in the morning. Turned it on when went to bed and tried throughout the night to see if we hadn't set it right but it really never turned on. Told reception in the morning but said I should have called at night! Yeah right, when the kids are asleep and it's about midnight, we'll have a repairman come to try and fix the AC...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LLFamily2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear LLFamily2013:
Thank you for taking the time to complete Trip Advisor Review of your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hote Edmonton.

Your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken with both my Guest Service and Maintenace Departments and I can assure you that I will be working more closely with them to ensure that this situation is not repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Yours in Hospitality,