“Great Room, Great Location, Great Price”

Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #44 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Duncan, Canada
“Great Room, Great Location, Great Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here one night during our visit to Edmonton. We were going to the West Edmonton mall which is only a few km away. The room was quite nice with a very comfy king size bed. Nothing fancy but quite nice. All in all i would stay there again.
cheers!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Neil H

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

It will give me great pleasure to share your positive feedback about your service from our staff. We take great pride in surrounding ourselves with caring, professional people and it is particularly satisfying when our guests let us know we are succeeding.

Thank you for your feedback and telling us where we are doing a good job. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked through Hotels.com for an executive King Suite and when we got to the room, it was a 2-Queen room which is also much smaller than the King Executive. Called the reception and had to go back down to have it switched. First said it wasn't ready but I had to insist as I wasn't going to be back until much later and didn't want to bring luggage back to the car. She suddenly found one that was ready after I got a bit upset...
Room was very nice and clean, comfortable bed and sofa-bed for the kids. Unfortunately, AC was broken and we were very uncomfortable in the morning. Turned it on when went to bed and tried throughout the night to see if we hadn't set it right but it really never turned on. Told reception in the morning but said I should have called at night! Yeah right, when the kids are asleep and it's about midnight, we'll have a repairman come to try and fix the AC...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LLFamily2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear LLFamily2013:
Thank you for taking the time to complete Trip Advisor Review of your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hote Edmonton.

Your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken with both my Guest Service and Maintenace Departments and I can assure you that I will be working more closely with them to ensure that this situation is not repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Yours in Hospitality,
Darrell Pearson
Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I did not expect a lot from this hotel before walking in but what a pleasant surprise. The staff were helpful with great efficiency. My room was clean, quiet, and spacious with all the updates such as flat screen TV and single brewing coffee maker. I slept very well all three nights after long day working at the trade show.
I will come back again 100%.

• Stayed August 2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear OyOyOyVay
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review during your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent overall hotel experience! This hotel more than accommodated our families needs. The staff was friendly, hotel was clean, excellent value, with a restaurant and lounge. It's location is close to other restaurants as well as a quick commute to the West Edmonton Mall! We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were travelling to Alberta on business and had to bring our bulldog puppy along. the hotel met our needs. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had all the amenities you could need. The beds were far too soft for my taste but on the plus side the air conditioner was powerful. After being in 34 degree weather for the last month or so, I welcomed a chilly sleep! There was good access to the outside which we appreciated as puppies tend to need to potty frequently. If we find ourselves travelling with the dog again we would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

By looking at the outside of this hotel, you would not expect much. I walked into this hotel and was instantly surprised by the decor, staff and the rooms. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for accommodation on the West side of Edmonton. About 10 blocks away from the Mall if this is important to you. I was impressed by the quality of rooms, beds and the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a great stay. Perfect location for restaurants and West Ed. Clean, recently renovated. As others have mentioned, the hallways are awful, but there isn't much they can do about that. Big clean bathtub and shower with good water pressure, comfy beds (on the soft side) and super friendly staff. Didn't try the restaurant because of the other reviews. Lounge looked nice and would have popped in but ran out of time. Got room for $106 on hotwire! Will go again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013