“Clean, friendly and comfortable.”

Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #48 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had a great stay. Perfect location for restaurants and West Ed. Clean, recently renovated. As others have mentioned, the hallways are awful, but there isn't much they can do about that. Big clean bathtub and shower with good water pressure, comfy beds (on the soft side) and super friendly staff. Didn't try the restaurant because of the other reviews. Lounge looked nice and would have popped in but ran out of time. Got room for $106 on hotwire! Will go again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had our wedding exactly 12 years ago as of today. . . Thanks for the wonderful memories! There is also buffet everyday. We still go there for the food. The location is close to West Edmonton Mall. Very convineint to all amenities.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I recently booked at this hotel using Hotwire. Having had a good experience in the past expected at decent hotel. I chose this hotel as they listed themselves as Pet Friendly. When I went to check in I was told there woudl be a $35 cleaning fee (reasonable) and a $25 additional charge per night for my pet as they treated pets as an extra guest in the room (a small 6 lb dog? ). When I brought up the fact that this was not made clear in my booking I got a very rude and cold response from the manager that basically told me thats how it is and thats what I getting from bookign through a secondary service. (Ie: not her problem).

Now for an additional $25 a day you would expect some sort of extra friendly service or pet friendly amenties....well we barely got our room cleaned. I say barely as each day I had to call around 4:00 pm to let them know that we had still not had our room cleaned. Was told " Its a big hotel this takes time." Again we head out with our dog to make time for the room to be cleaned. To return to a barely made bed (I could have done a better job myself), dirtly sink and obviously no vacuming. (Gargage cans still full).

Rooms where ok, but staff and hotel was not worth staying at this place again. Certainly don't bother if you are looking for a pet friendly hotel.

Room Tip: This is your basic hotel with street views all around. Its a place to sleep if you want to be in the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel room was clean but certainly not homey. The bed was comfortable. The hallways have a crazy decor that put me off until it amused me (a fellow traveller described it as part bunker, part spaceship). The staff were polite and friendly and told me where I could walk away from the busy main roads. The restaurant food was uninspired and I would not eat there again. I stayed there to be close to a family event and it was well suited for that purpose.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Quick review of a good, decent place:4 trips found us clean, no-surprises rooms. Queen ( too soft for 50% of this couple) mattresses, strong hot shower, sparkling tub and counters.. Mini fridge that cooled wine fast. Strong AC, quiet halls, pleasant staff. I abbreviated everything because this is a strong basic urban (West Edmonton near WEMall) business and short stay destination. No Taj Mahal, tad worn in spots, it scores as an oasis of calm near high speed roads and the madhouse entertainment, dining, conference centre, and mammoth shopping bazaar of WEM. Sunday brunch is big and fairly-priced. My partner and I felt at home away from home. Conclusion: Your money's worth and a bit more here, plus a big green apple (or 2 or more). And a newspaper.

Room Tip: Ask for double Queen for added space and comfort. Try Floor 2 for quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I always stay at the Executive Royal Inn when I'm in Edmonton. The staff are warm and friendly and the service is great. During my last stay the housekeeping was not up to our satisfaction. So we made a call to the front desk and they sent someone up right away to take care of it. That was greatly appreciated. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here while passing through town to get a night's rest. Good location close to lots of restaurants and West Ed Mall. Friendly staff. Clean rooms with comfy beds. Hallways and carpets are a bit outdated. I stayed on the 4th floor and the pop machine ate my money. I let it slide and got one that worked on the main level. There were drunk people being loud out in the hallway just down from my room at about 3am and they woke up my 7 month old daughter. Other than that, this was a nice place. I paid $119.00 for the room and there's no pool and no continental breakfast. It was one of the only decent places I could find as I booked the same day I needed to stay. Not sure if I'd stay again, but still a great place overall.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KimberlyRae1291
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Ms KImberlyRae1291;

Thank you for taking the time to include a TripAdviisor review about your recent stay at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton.

It will give me great pleasure to share your positive feedback about your service from our staff. We take great pride in surrounding ourselves with caring, professional people and it is particularly satisfying when our guests let us know we are succeeding.

I would like to apologize for the early morning disturbance. A phone call to the front desk would have sent my security team up to your floor to quite the noise

Thank you for your feedback and telling us where we are doing a good job. I do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours in Hospitality