Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
$193
$143
Fairmont.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgreen applesteam showerwest ed mallfront desk stafftrade showwould stay here againshopping tripstaying at this hotelnice place to staybusiness or pleasurestayed here for one nightbed was very comfortablemini fridgebrunchloungeconcert
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

really dirty and messy hallways over days.heater was not able to warm up the room.staff was more than unmotivated. that steels restaurant is expensive and the food is really bad, we ended up eating the last days over at the best western. never again! !! we learned ouer lesson about this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is in need of a major update. It is trapped in the 70's. the corridors to get to the rooms are long, the one we walked down smelt like a public toilet and the ceiling is really low. If you over 6 4" you will be pushing it!
The elevator is really old and scruffy.
The room was clean and the bed comfy although not enough bedding.
Plus side, there is a bowl of green apples at reception which you can take from.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

After booking another hotel and finding out my reservation was "lost" I ended up with The Royal as a last option. Edmonton had a very busy week with entrainment so most hotels were sold out and like the first hotel I booked ...over booked. So I gladly took the reservation. My first impression was a nice and clean looking hotel. Then I got to the front desk.. Not sure what the girls problem was but she was not very happy. She quickly checked us in and turned away. We had to go back to her to ask where the elevator was to get to our room. Then we were off to the LONG dark concrete hallways. I have never seen hotel walls like that before. It was very creepy for some reason. I don't know why but every time I walked through the hallways I thought of Jack Nicholson and repeated RED RUM over and over. Its very old and dated and really needs to have a fresh coat of paint to brighten up the hallways. The room was ok, I do have a tendency to look in the bathroom right away and of course I am going to find the odd hair but this time it seemed like the maid forgot to wash the floor. So I took the towels and laid them down to walk on them. Just a bit too much hair left behind for my liking. The room was actually pretty nice. I liked the beds but my son who is 6'3 had a bit of a problem with his feet hanging over. We had brunch the next day which was really good but the crepe table wasn't there which was very disappointing. I asked if there was a crepe table the night before and was told they had one just like the Calgary one but it was no where to be found. Otherwise the food was great. I would stay again and from what I see there are renovated rooms so I would probably ask if I was getting one. I should mention we were going to a concert and the front desk girl did give me directions as well as a map but it was a different girl from when we had checked in. She was very friendly and genuinely wanted to help.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Flew out to Edmonton to meet up with my son and his wife. He was in town from Cold Lake for the weekend. He tried to upgrade to a suite when he found out I waws coming but none were available. We had a room with two Queen beds. The bathroom was not very clean. The bottom of the toilet and floor around it was disgusting. The towels were very thin. The beds were not at all comfortable. I was to be there two nights with them. We did not sleep well. I called my husband back home in Ontario and he has points for other chains and he got me a room for myself across the road. That gave my son and his wife more room, and they each had their own bed the next night.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is our fourth time staying here and this trip was ahuge disappointment. We arrived at five and our room was not ready. Check in is four. At five thirty we used a friends room(who's room I had booked when I booked mine, how did they get one and we did not?)ito get ready for our 6pm dinner reservations. When we left we were told that our room was ready and were given our keys. The manager did offer us dinner but as we already had plans we were told to stop by the deskwhen we returned that evening and were told he would make the situation right. As we were very late getting back in we inquired at check out what he was doing. The front girl was very rude and made me feel as if I was lying about the manager promising us something. She finally gave us a coupon for the breakfast that ended at 11. It was 1030 and we were checking out. She said we could use it all day, again of no use to us as we were leaving. Normally this is a great place to stay hence why we keep coming back but this trip really soured us to the hotel. Jimmy, the manager was very pleasant and friendly and did his best to rectify the situation but his front desk staff were very ignorant and rude, both in the evening and the morning.

The rooms are comfortable, location is great, front desk attitudes need some work

• Stayed: March 2013
Darrell_Pearson, General Manager at Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear mom2lexi:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to correspond with us regarding your recent experience at the Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton. This type of feedback is essential if we are to maintain the standard of excellence that we have set for ourselves.

Your disappointment in the service you received was made clear in your comments to us, and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies. There is no excuse for the lack of service and attention to detail you experienced. I have spoken to both my Housekeeping and Front Office Teams and I can assure you that I will work more closely with them to ensure that your experience with us will not be repeated.

Again, I would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with me. In order to make amends, I would like to invite you back. Please email or call me to arrange your compliementry nights stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that we can provide you with the quality of comfort and service that you deserve.

Yours truly