“I Can't Believe They Stole My Sweater!”

Executive Royal Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #48 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 50 times. The ladies at the front desk are very polite and helpful. My room was ok. It seems like every time we stay here there is something broken in the bathroom.....and I mean everytime. After getting back to our room from a early wake up, we showered and headed to the mall. When we got back to our room my fiance couldn't find her seater. We looked everywhere and since it was white I decided to go ask the cleaning people if they grabbed it by mistake. A polite lady said we should go see the room where they wash the sheets, and such. When asked one of the ladies said she had seen it and put it on one of the cleaning carts. They searched all the carts and it did not turn up. We even stayed an extra day, figuring it would turn up. It did not. The head lady of the cleaning department said since they lost it, the hotel would compensate us for it. To make a long story short......the sweater (which was given to my fiance by her mother which passed away) did not show up. The hotel did nothing for us. I will never nor will my company ever stay at one of their hotels ever again.

Room Tip: Don't stay near a door. Very loud!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Calvin S

Reviewed February 16, 2012

I needed a hotel close to a hospital simply for a place to lay my head prior to a medical appointment. I chose this one because I had stayed previously at one of their sister-establishments elsewhere. This worked out really well. The room was very pleasant, clean, airy, bright, and well appointed. The queen bed was really comfy and I had my choice of styles and types of pillows. Internet was free; there was a fridge well placed out of the way so that its hum didn't bother me all night, The bathroom was bright with good towels and a really interesting bathtub that was designed for comfort. The movie choice on the flat-screen, wall mounted TV was the best I've ever seen - all the news releases - although the price has gone up to $15.99 per rental now. I asked the front desk for a newspaper and one was delivered to my door in a few moments. To top it all off, in my distraction I forgot a favourite item of clothing there. It was retrieved and, after a few frantic phone calls, returned to me. I didn't venture out of the hotel room nor use any of the other services of the Royal Executive, but what I did experience was quiet, clean, and courteous. Can't ask for much more. Oh, and yes, I had an issue with the wall-heater/fan arrangement too, as Painter 516 points out. Could not turn the fan off but the temperature was comfortable; i just wanted to get rid of the the whirring noise and couldn't. Slept well anyway.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I purchased a package for this hotel and passes to the west edmonton mall. I brought my two kids and made a nice weekend out of it. But i made a mistake, i misread the certificate. Thinking there was two passes for the two days we were going to be there. This mistake was 100% my fault. But instead of letting this hamper our weekend the fine hotel staff fixed my mistake and it turned out to be a great vacation. The kids are still talking about that weekend.
In my opion this staff and managment gets a big thumb,s up from me..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeffcoo7
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The room decor was outstanding. The staff kept it clean and tidy. There was a confusing sign over the radiator-type heating unit indicating that it was to be adjusted by using a wall thermostat. No wall thermostat anywhere. Asked for help and when we came back from dinner one section of the radiator unit was open and the "adjustment panel" exposed - right under the sign that told you to use the non-existent wall thermostat! We struggled for the lenght of our stay (7 days) to get it above 17c but never succeeded. The bed was very comfortable. The bedcoverings were totally inadequate and we ended up using the extra (very thin) blanket, the sheet-weight bedspread and our coats on top of that (with clothes and bed sox on underneath) in order to be warm for sleeping. Spent very little time in the room as we were busy over the holidays with family.

Room Tip: Check the heating unit before settling in. Also, see if there are more than two little blankets in...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The staff was great and helpful. I got a renovated executive suite. They are in the process of renovating, but wasn't disturbed at all during my stay. As well, the bed was amazing. A great sleep both nights.

There is every type of food you could want within a 5 minute radius. West Edmonton mall is also nearby.

Will definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel overall was decent. the rooms were clean but small. the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was average but at least they had some real food not a "continental doughnut" style.

If you're only going to be there for a short (2-4) night stay you'll be ok

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one in September and it was a greta experience. I was able to check in quite early although I was not expecting the hotel to accomidate me as I was aware of the standard check in time. They had loads of room for parking. Our room was very clean, large, quiet and the bed was very comfortable. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and they have a fantastic Sunday Brunch.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family