“Blood in sheets”

Rosslyn Inn and Suites
Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Blood in sheets”
Reviewed April 25, 2006

The over all stay was good, but as soon as we found existing blood on the inside of the comforter we decided to leave. To add insult to injury the hotel staff gave us twenty dollars off the room rate and didnt even offer us to change rooms or fix the existing room.

The hotell staff and front office manager was so obivious to the seriousness of the stains that they simple blow us off saying "No was no big deal". I am seriously NOT please with this hotel and id advise anyone considering it to think twice.

• Stayed April 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed February 5, 2006

Was leary at first taking a room off of 97th, but decided to chance it. Very glad we did. We were looking for a romantic night out where we could lock the door til checkout time. Great room and great romantic package. Compared prices around the city and did not expect much for wht we were paying, but I ended up with more bang for my buck. I will recommend this to friends and co-workers.

I will be back

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 22, 2005

My girlfriend and I went to Edmonton for the weekend for the Gwen Stefani concert.

The first night we stayed at the Coast Edmonton Downtown for location to Rexall Place. That hotel was just average I thought.

The next night we stayed at the Rosslyn Inn and Suites and what a surprise, it was a very nice place.

I am a travel agent and researched this hotel to death prior to booking it. It look nice on line and the reviews on here looked good, so I booked a Jacuzzi Suite for a Romantic night.

Upon leaving work for the weekend I was told by co-workers that the hotel was a dump / and was in a bad area of the city. Of course I was worried but I was already within the cancellation penalty of the hotel and decided to take a chance. While in Edmonton I was also told the hotel was horrible and that we should be careful. Yikes - I wasn't feeling very good about this decision.

When we pulled up to the hotel, it looked nice on the outside. The lobby was nothing to write home about. Then we got up to the room - WOW. !!!! It was great. It looked like it was completely renovated. big king size bed, fire place, jacuzzi tub. Very clean.

I would not hesitate to stay here again or recommend it. If it was a rundown dump - it isn't now. It didn't have a lot to offer for other things (pools etc....), but it was located very close to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 29, 2005

Very nice hotel, we stayed in family suite, very affordable, extremely clean. Has king bed, jacuzzi seperate bedroom for kids. Will definately stay again.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonton AB Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2005

What a surprising place to stay! VERY resonable rates. We stayed in one of the Jacuzzi rooms, it was clean and neat and very quite considering its on a busier street. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. This is a great place for a little getaway with great room rates. The staff was very friendly :) They also offer Romance Packages which we will be checking out in the near future.

• Stayed March 2005
10 Thank dragonhearts69
Travelers also viewed these Edmonton hotels
Calgary Trail South
Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Comfort Inn & Suites
#60 of 93 in Edmonton

Been to Rosslyn Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rosslyn Inn and Suites

Property: Rosslyn Inn and Suites
Address: 13620 97 St NW, Edmonton, Alberta T5E 4E2, Canada (Formerly Rosslyn Motor Inn)
Location: Canada > Alberta > Edmonton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Rosslyn Inn and Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rosslyn Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rosslyn Hotel Edmonton