Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #18 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beautiful lobby, bar and restaurant area. Enjoyed the restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. The room was large, showing a bit of wear and tear. Our main reason for choosing this hotel was that it is pet friendly as we had to bring our little dog along this trip. I am used to hotels only allowing pets in a room if the pet is kept in a kennel. Our dog has hair, and I never gave any thought as to what other furry creatures might have been in the room. My husband is allergic to many dogs, cats and rabbits. You pay an extra $20 for a dog in your room; yet they must not do a deep clean when you leave, as my poor husband sneezed all night. He thought he was getting a cold, but we realized it must have been a previous animal in the room, as the sneezing stopped on the drive home.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cdar
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

We were thrilled to hear that you brought your furry little family member to the Sawridge with you! As you mentioned, we are a pet friendly hotel and do charge a $20 pet fee per night. We also only have pet rooms to the first floor - we do allow pets to be out in the guest rooms with the owners present, but do expect them to be in a kennel for cleaning purposes. Please keep us in mind for any future trips to Edmonton!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently stayed at Sawridge Inn in Edmonton, while out visiting my husband who is working in Alberta. We stayed 3 nights.
We had a King Room. The room was extremely clean & large. Big LG Flat Screen TV. The bed was very comfortable, and the bedding even had a very clean smell too it.
We were given complimentary Breakfast Buffet for each night we stayed. The Buffet was excellent, although I don't eat eggs, there was still plenty of choice.
The staff in the Lounge/Creations Restaurant were courteous and polite, and very efficient.
We didn't actually have a meal in the restaurant other than the breakfast, but did have a few drinks in the Lounge and some app's.
We ordered room service as well, the food was hot and delicious, and was prompt with arrival to the room, and very reasonably priced.
The entire hotel was extremely clean, and all the staff were very polite and cheery.

I found the location perfect for us, not far from the airport, but had several amenities with in walking distance. Restaurants, Shopping etc.
Very close to the highway entrance, and within a few minutes drive to West Edmonton Mall, and Southgate Mall (which btw is a very nice mall as well)

We WILL be returning to this hotel again when I am out to visit my husband.
Very Pleased and Pleasantly Surprised.
It was reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We chose a King Room, but I hear the Royal Suite is amazing
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for your recent 5-star review of our property. We are so happy to hear that your were pleasantly suprised with our overall service, our location and our food in Creations Restaurant and Lounge. We would definitely recommend staying in our Master Jacuzzi Suite when you visit us on your next trip to Edmonton - we promise that it is well worth it!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the first of September. We booked on line and was pleased that everything including price was we had booked. The rooms were nice, large, clean and the housekeepers were very courteous. All the staff was great. The free breakfast was fabulous and had anything you could wish. We ate in the dining room one night and our meals were great. Our daughter who lives in Edmonton is celiac and her meal wasn't what she ordered but when we said something, they didn't charge for it. (The hotel has made it up to her with 2 free meals since our stay). We liked the location because we wanted to go to Red Lobster
( which we don't have in our area) and it right across the street. We also liked the location because we wanted to be close to our daughter's place. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We are senior citizens and our room was on the first floor just off the lobby so was very convenien...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chuck s
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review of the Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot buffet breakfast during your stay with us, as well as our spacious guest rooms and our friendly staff. We hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Edmonton and are so happy that you were pleased!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

we made our reservation on line! when we arrived from the outside we were not sure at all??? But when we stepped inside it was a wonderful lobby; check in was fast; rooms were large and very clean and nice; even though our room face the major road room was quiet! The hotel Lobby bar and restaurant area were upscale; Our only issue was that the waitstaff from dinner to breakfast were not well informed; did not seem to be able to handle more than one table at a time; our drinks were laid down and we never saw her again until a long wait for dinner; and the same went for breakfast; and for the females on the trip location was good for shopping;

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor there only seemed to be 4 rooms on the whole floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

We are so happy to hear that we made a "pleasant" first impression. As you mentioned in your review, the Sawridge is conveniently located off of Gateway Blvd which is ideal for its proximity to shopping centres such as South Edmonton Common, Southgate Mall and West Edmonton Mall. This makes us the ideal destination hotel for weekend shopping getaways.

We are sorry that the servivce in the restaurant did not meet your expectations. We can assure you that we will not take your comments lightly, and will definitely turn them into a learning experience for the new staff members in Creations. I'm sure that on your next visit, our service standards will wow you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Sawridge Inn quite regularly over the last 6 months or so for business. It is usually an overnight trip. At first I was completely in love with this hotel. The lobby and dining area at gorgeous and the staff is always wonderful and very accommodating.

Over my lady few stays I have been more and more disappointed, especially with my last stay. I arrived at check in only to find out my room would be another half hour wait. They said they could put me into another room but it would be on the side facing the train which I did not want. I prefer a quiet inside room do I can actually get some sleep. After 45 minutes they told me my room was ready. Excited to get to my room after the long wait and traveling for several days I get up to my room to find out my key didn't work. (This happened to me last stay as well). So back down to reception I go. She was very apologetic and made me two keys this time. I went back up and tried the keys. One worked and one didn't. At least I was in my room. Upon entering my room I realized they put me in a double queen room instead of the king I always stay in. I called down to reception and they immediately got me a new room.

I changed rooms and once again for the new room one key didn't work but I still had the other key. It was wonderful to finally get inside a room and relax.

As usual the rooms are slightly run down and out of date. They could use some new paint, especially in the bathrooms where all the door jams seem to be dented and scuffed. But so far my rooms have ways been clean. The water pressure in the bathroom seemed quite low, the worst I've had staying there so far.

The satellite signal was also quite disappointing. Weak and kept dropping the signal.

I am usually a big endorser of the Sawridge Inn but after my last couple stays I will be looking elsewhere. One thing I can always say for this establishment is their employees are always wonderful. They have a smile on their face and will do just about anything to accommodate their clients. Good job Sawridge staff!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KaraL1
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of the Sawridge Inn & Conference Centre. We were sorry to hear about the issues with your room type and room keys during your most recent stay. However, we were pleased to see you brought your concerns to our attention and they were promptly addressed by our staff.

I can understand why it would be frustrating to deal with things after travelling to Edmonton and just wanting to relax in your room. Some of our guestrooms are older than others and would benefit from updates. We are actively discussing future renovation plans for our rooms as well as wireless upgrades.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments, as I would certainly like to follow up on your stay in more detail.

We hope you will keep us in mind for your future travels to Edmonton.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed in Edmonton for over 20 years at various hotels. Booked the Sawridge for a business presentation. I was pleasantly surprised as it is a very nice location and reasonably priced for business travel. The staff are great, the hotel is clean and modern. Very interesting lobby and bar area with high ceilings and large wooden beams and wood features. Makes sitting in the bar very enjoyable ;). I will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the railway (slow moving trains) but very sound proof. Get a room on the North...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for your recent 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had a chance to relax and spend some time in Creations Dining Room and Lounge. I would suggest on your next visit to take a walk in our art gallery, which is just adjacent to the lounge and has many interesting and beautiful art pieces. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and can honestly say have never had a good sleep! The Sawridge Inn Edmonton South has changed that. Two nights of the best sleeps I have ever had. The front desk staff was so helpful, welcoming and friendly! But the bed, OMG what a great sleep. Thank you Sawridge Inn :) I will definitely recommend this place to everyone and it will be my hotel for Edmonton trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We are so happy that you had such a comfortable stay with us. Our mattresses are custom made specifically for the Sawridge by HYPNOS as part of the Dreamers Wanted Collection and are considered some of the most comfortable beds in the world - which we are sure that you would agree! Please make sure to come and stay with us on your next trip to Edmonton, we would love to have you back!