Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #24 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Pleasant!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

we made our reservation on line! when we arrived from the outside we were not sure at all??? But when we stepped inside it was a wonderful lobby; check in was fast; rooms were large and very clean and nice; even though our room face the major road room was quiet! The hotel Lobby bar and restaurant area were upscale; Our only issue was that the waitstaff from dinner to breakfast were not well informed; did not seem to be able to handle more than one table at a time; our drinks were laid down and we never saw her again until a long wait for dinner; and the same went for breakfast; and for the females on the trip location was good for shopping;

Room Tip: we stayed on the 5th floor there only seemed to be 4 rooms on the whole floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are so happy to hear that we made a "pleasant" first impression. As you mentioned in your review, the Sawridge is conveniently located off of Gateway Blvd which is ideal for its proximity to shopping centres such as South Edmonton Common, Southgate Mall and West Edmonton Mall. This makes us the ideal destination hotel for weekend shopping getaways.

We are sorry that the servivce in the restaurant did not meet your expectations. We can assure you that we will not take your comments lightly, and will definitely turn them into a learning experience for the new staff members in Creations. I'm sure that on your next visit, our service standards will wow you. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Edmonton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Sawridge Inn quite regularly over the last 6 months or so for business. It is usually an overnight trip. At first I was completely in love with this hotel. The lobby and dining area at gorgeous and the staff is always wonderful and very accommodating.

Over my lady few stays I have been more and more disappointed, especially with my last stay. I arrived at check in only to find out my room would be another half hour wait. They said they could put me into another room but it would be on the side facing the train which I did not want. I prefer a quiet inside room do I can actually get some sleep. After 45 minutes they told me my room was ready. Excited to get to my room after the long wait and traveling for several days I get up to my room to find out my key didn't work. (This happened to me last stay as well). So back down to reception I go. She was very apologetic and made me two keys this time. I went back up and tried the keys. One worked and one didn't. At least I was in my room. Upon entering my room I realized they put me in a double queen room instead of the king I always stay in. I called down to reception and they immediately got me a new room.

I changed rooms and once again for the new room one key didn't work but I still had the other key. It was wonderful to finally get inside a room and relax.

As usual the rooms are slightly run down and out of date. They could use some new paint, especially in the bathrooms where all the door jams seem to be dented and scuffed. But so far my rooms have ways been clean. The water pressure in the bathroom seemed quite low, the worst I've had staying there so far.

The satellite signal was also quite disappointing. Weak and kept dropping the signal.

I am usually a big endorser of the Sawridge Inn but after my last couple stays I will be looking elsewhere. One thing I can always say for this establishment is their employees are always wonderful. They have a smile on their face and will do just about anything to accommodate their clients. Good job Sawridge staff!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank KaraL1
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of the Sawridge Inn & Conference Centre. We were sorry to hear about the issues with your room type and room keys during your most recent stay. However, we were pleased to see you brought your concerns to our attention and they were promptly addressed by our staff.

I can understand why it would be frustrating to deal with things after travelling to Edmonton and just wanting to relax in your room. Some of our guestrooms are older than others and would benefit from updates. We are actively discussing future renovation plans for our rooms as well as wireless upgrades.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments, as I would certainly like to follow up on your stay in more detail.

We hope you will keep us in mind for your future travels to Edmonton.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have stayed in Edmonton for over 20 years at various hotels. Booked the Sawridge for a business presentation. I was pleasantly surprised as it is a very nice location and reasonably priced for business travel. The staff are great, the hotel is clean and modern. Very interesting lobby and bar area with high ceilings and large wooden beams and wood features. Makes sitting in the bar very enjoyable ;). I will be back!

Room Tip: The hotel is close to the railway (slow moving trains) but very sound proof. Get a room on the North...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5-star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had a chance to relax and spend some time in Creations Dining Room and Lounge. I would suggest on your next visit to take a walk in our art gallery, which is just adjacent to the lounge and has many interesting and beautiful art pieces. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Peace River, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels and can honestly say have never had a good sleep! The Sawridge Inn Edmonton South has changed that. Two nights of the best sleeps I have ever had. The front desk staff was so helpful, welcoming and friendly! But the bed, OMG what a great sleep. Thank you Sawridge Inn :) I will definitely recommend this place to everyone and it will be my hotel for Edmonton trips.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are so happy that you had such a comfortable stay with us. Our mattresses are custom made specifically for the Sawridge by HYPNOS as part of the Dreamers Wanted Collection and are considered some of the most comfortable beds in the world - which we are sure that you would agree! Please make sure to come and stay with us on your next trip to Edmonton, we would love to have you back!
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We have stayed in most of the hotels on Gateway on the past and found them lacking. From check-in to check- out, Sawridge staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was immaculate and very quiet in spite of several events going on in the hotel during our stay. We liked the up-scale amenities: quality pillows, a real coffee pot/mugs (no styrofoam), comfy duvet and NOT having the bathroom fan come on with the light! Breakfast buffet was excellent even on a quiet Thursday morning with few diners present. We also appreciate that you accommodate our dog and welcome him with a treat. Thank you, Sawridge. We will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maria D
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your recent 5-Star review. We appreciate the wonderful comments about our pleasant and helpful staff, and will ensure that these comments get passed on to them as well. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Complimentary Breakfast Buffet in Creations Restuarant, as well as our numerous amenities available in each guest room. We would love to see you again in the future, and welcome you back as a return guest!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed here for a family wedding.

The lobby/restaurant/bar is really top notch. The food, especially the breakfast, was really excellent. The staff service was also very good.

Rooms are very average and in some ways somewhat shabby. Our room furniture seemed to be quite old, although the bed was quite comfortable. We saw several rooms and it seemed to be the same across the board. No pool or hot tub.

The location is not great. Stuck between Gateway road, which is about 5 lanes wide, and the railways. There aren't even any sidewalks around. Don't even consider staying here if you don't have a car. There is dining nearby, but you pretty much have to drive. Not close to downtown, nor the airport, nor anything else of particular interest.

In summary, it worked for us because we were with our friends and family, and the bar/resto served us well. I did drive the car a whole lot though!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vanbigslick
Jose P, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you a lot for sharing with us your comments about your recent stay at the Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton.I am very pleased that you enjoyed our facility. Our Hotel is indeed on Gateway Boulevard and has not easy access for pedestrians however we have a complementary shuttle that can be booked in advance.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further comments and we hope you will keep us in mind for your future travels to Edmonton.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The front desk staff were very helpful! We had a 1 bedroom king suite and were very disappointed. The room was very large which was nice but was very out to date. The room smelled musty, air conditioning only seemed to work in one of the two joined rooms, carpet was filthy, walls were dirty, found chunks of hair on our linens and bathrobes and to top it all off the fridge was broken and we had to get a new one. If not all the hotels were sold out we would have left an hour after we arrived. On the plus side the exterior, lobby and dining area are extremely nice and very modern. The gentleman at the front desk very very pleasant to deal with. Not a hotel we would return to.

Room Tip: West side exterior room to stay away from the railway tracks and dining room noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jose P, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your guestroom. Our lapses in cleanliness are unacceptable. We have tried to contact you to offer a more personal apology and ensure to you that everything has immediately being addressed, however we were unable to reach you.
I would welcome the opportunity to hear from you directly, if you wish to contact us, please call the hotel directly (1-888-729-7343) and ask to be directed to the General Manager
We are at least happy to know that you received outstanding service from our Front desk Agents.