“Like putting lipstick on a pig”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Like putting lipstick on a pig”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The front desk staff were very helpful! We had a 1 bedroom king suite and were very disappointed. The room was very large which was nice but was very out to date. The room smelled musty, air conditioning only seemed to work in one of the two joined rooms, carpet was filthy, walls were dirty, found chunks of hair on our linens and bathrobes and to top it all off the fridge was broken and we had to get a new one. If not all the hotels were sold out we would have left an hour after we arrived. On the plus side the exterior, lobby and dining area are extremely nice and very modern. The gentleman at the front desk very very pleasant to deal with. Not a hotel we would return to.

Room Tip: West side exterior room to stay away from the railway tracks and dining room noise
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jose P, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your guestroom. Our lapses in cleanliness are unacceptable. We have tried to contact you to offer a more personal apology and ensure to you that everything has immediately being addressed, however we were unable to reach you.
I would welcome the opportunity to hear from you directly, if you wish to contact us, please call the hotel directly (1-888-729-7343) and ask to be directed to the General Manager
We are at least happy to know that you received outstanding service from our Front desk Agents.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
na
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the sawridge inn Edmonton south and I have to tell you that this is a great hotel, we were greeted by Holly at the front desk who checked us in, she was very friendly polite and helpful and offered us a suite for only $30. The lobby is beautiful and the room was lovely, it had a bedroom with a king size bed and a separate living room area with a pull out sofa bed (lots of room for my husband and two young children) . We went for supper in the restaurant and the staff was funny and great with the kids I want to thank Nina for her excellent service. The food was delicious and I definitely recommend it. At check in Holly gave us two complimentary breakfast vouchers and because our smallest child was 3 they got to eat for free and we just had to pay an extra $8 for our oldest which was defiantly worth it and no one should miss the breakfast, definitely the best hotel breakfast we ever had. Check out was great, the line was long and only one person was working but was quick, friendly and positive. Overall this was a great stay and would definitely stay here again and recommend the sawridge to everyone I know.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Melissa198520
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback and to mention one of our Front Desk Supervisors . I have shared your comments with the front desk team and it brought big smiles all around. We hope that you and your family have a chance to return soon and stay longer on your next visit.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed in Sawridge Inn for one night and very satisfied with my experience in this hotel. I was surprised on how clean the room was. The Sunday brunch was superb, with so many selections for a mere 25.00/person. The staff were so hospitable and friendly. I checked in late around 12 midnight and the front desk staff welcomed us with a smile. The next day when I checked out, the front desk was very busy but the staff was able to provide outstanding guest service. I would definitely stay in Sawridge Inn, Edmonton again.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Chef_Vergel
Thank you for your review of our hotel and the 5 star rating!
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and that you find our hotel to be comfortable and clean with friendly professional staff. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Edmonton.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here regularly coaching sports teams. The staff was polite and friendly, and accommodating for the numerous youth athletes it would host. They even organized a private buffet breakfast for all the participants in a conference room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stefan L
Thank you for your positive review. I am thrilled to learn you have been our guest many times and find our hotel to be comfortable, with very helpful and friendly staff. Your feedback has been shared with our hotel team and is appreciated. We hope you return soon and look forward to having you back!
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Extremely disappointed with this hotel as I had stayed there monthly for about 6 months for business and then in May/13 I had this happen. I had my GPS unit in its case and rushed off to my meeting as the breakfast there which is usually great was terrible and left my GPS unit on the desk. I realized this about 20 minutes later and called the hotel that had someone check and said that it was not there. I asked if I could come back at noon and check for myself and they said I could. I got to the front desk and spoke to Jonathan who assured me that the room had not been cleaned yet and gave me a key. I went up to the room and to my surprise it was perfectly clean already. I went back down and told him and asked for the manager and he said they were not in and there was nothing he could do. i had to leave and then I tried to contact the manager numerous times and it took me a week to get someone called "Jose." She stated that she would look into it and call me back immediately with any news. It has now been 2 months and they have not called me back and I now where I left it and they did nothing about one of their staff stealing it. Just had to pass this on to stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shayne k
alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed here while visiting Edmonton for a convention. The hotel has a nice feel about it and so did the rooms. We were travelling with family and so they were able to accommodate 8 of us in a very nice suite. It was basically a suite and another room connected so it gave us two bathrooms 3 bedrooms and a living room that also had a pullout. Each of the rooms had a tv - so 4 total! It also had a small fridge so that was helpful. Despite being on a busy road it was very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful in all departments. The restaurant is very nice and has better than average food for a hotel. We dined here for supper as well. Although they did seem short staffed at breakfast and supper the ones who were working so hard did a great job and were very apologetic. The continental breakfast vouchers were great. It is like a restaurant though so you have to wait to be seated and then they serve you coffee etc. You cannot just walk up and get your own coffee. But the breakfast is lovely and has a big selection of hot and cold items. One of the better continentals I have ever had. It is also close to many restaurants and stores. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monkeytoez
Thank you for your positive review of the Sawridge Inn - Edmonton South. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, particularly their friendliness and professionalism. Ensure to contact our reservations staff directly for the best deals and rates when booking your future stays. We look forward to your return!
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sawridge Inn. Overall my experience was wonderful. The staff was amazing. So friendly and helpful!

The rooms are nice. Decent size although the bathrooms are on the small side. The doors and door jams were banged up and could use a paint job. The beds were fairly comfy. I loved that they had a variety of pillows for different preferences.

Room service was great. The lady assisting me on the phone was wonderful and had great suggestions. It arrived quick and was good. Wasn't anything overly special but I had no complaints.

If you have an AMA card it reduces room costs quite a bit. Definitely worth it. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013