“Awesome hotel amazing service”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #20 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the sawridge inn Edmonton south and I have to tell you that this is a great hotel, we were greeted by Holly at the front desk who checked us in, she was very friendly polite and helpful and offered us a suite for only $30. The lobby is beautiful and the room was lovely, it had a bedroom with a king size bed and a separate living room area with a pull out sofa bed (lots of room for my husband and two young children) . We went for supper in the restaurant and the staff was funny and great with the kids I want to thank Nina for her excellent service. The food was delicious and I definitely recommend it. At check in Holly gave us two complimentary breakfast vouchers and because our smallest child was 3 they got to eat for free and we just had to pay an extra $8 for our oldest which was defiantly worth it and no one should miss the breakfast, definitely the best hotel breakfast we ever had. Check out was great, the line was long and only one person was working but was quick, friendly and positive. Overall this was a great stay and would definitely stay here again and recommend the sawridge to everyone I know.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Melissa198520
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback and to mention one of our Front Desk Supervisors . I have shared your comments with the front desk team and it brought big smiles all around. We hope that you and your family have a chance to return soon and stay longer on your next visit.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed in Sawridge Inn for one night and very satisfied with my experience in this hotel. I was surprised on how clean the room was. The Sunday brunch was superb, with so many selections for a mere 25.00/person. The staff were so hospitable and friendly. I checked in late around 12 midnight and the front desk staff welcomed us with a smile. The next day when I checked out, the front desk was very busy but the staff was able to provide outstanding guest service. I would definitely stay in Sawridge Inn, Edmonton again.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Chef_Vergel

Thank you for your review of our hotel and the 5 star rating!
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and that you find our hotel to be comfortable and clean with friendly professional staff. We look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again on your next trip to Edmonton.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here regularly coaching sports teams. The staff was polite and friendly, and accommodating for the numerous youth athletes it would host. They even organized a private buffet breakfast for all the participants in a conference room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stefan L

Thank you for your positive review. I am thrilled to learn you have been our guest many times and find our hotel to be comfortable, with very helpful and friendly staff. Your feedback has been shared with our hotel team and is appreciated. We hope you return soon and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Extremely disappointed with this hotel as I had stayed there monthly for about 6 months for business and then in May/13 I had this happen. I had my GPS unit in its case and rushed off to my meeting as the breakfast there which is usually great was terrible and left my GPS unit on the desk. I realized this about 20 minutes later and called the hotel that had someone check and said that it was not there. I asked if I could come back at noon and check for myself and they said I could. I got to the front desk and spoke to Jonathan who assured me that the room had not been cleaned yet and gave me a key. I went up to the room and to my surprise it was perfectly clean already. I went back down and told him and asked for the manager and he said they were not in and there was nothing he could do. i had to leave and then I tried to contact the manager numerous times and it took me a week to get someone called "Jose." She stated that she would look into it and call me back immediately with any news. It has now been 2 months and they have not called me back and I now where I left it and they did nothing about one of their staff stealing it. Just had to pass this on to stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank shayne k
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed here while visiting Edmonton for a convention. The hotel has a nice feel about it and so did the rooms. We were travelling with family and so they were able to accommodate 8 of us in a very nice suite. It was basically a suite and another room connected so it gave us two bathrooms 3 bedrooms and a living room that also had a pullout. Each of the rooms had a tv - so 4 total! It also had a small fridge so that was helpful. Despite being on a busy road it was very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful in all departments. The restaurant is very nice and has better than average food for a hotel. We dined here for supper as well. Although they did seem short staffed at breakfast and supper the ones who were working so hard did a great job and were very apologetic. The continental breakfast vouchers were great. It is like a restaurant though so you have to wait to be seated and then they serve you coffee etc. You cannot just walk up and get your own coffee. But the breakfast is lovely and has a big selection of hot and cold items. One of the better continentals I have ever had. It is also close to many restaurants and stores. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Monkeytoez

Thank you for your positive review of the Sawridge Inn - Edmonton South. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, particularly their friendliness and professionalism. Ensure to contact our reservations staff directly for the best deals and rates when booking your future stays. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sawridge Inn. Overall my experience was wonderful. The staff was amazing. So friendly and helpful!

The rooms are nice. Decent size although the bathrooms are on the small side. The doors and door jams were banged up and could use a paint job. The beds were fairly comfy. I loved that they had a variety of pillows for different preferences.

Room service was great. The lady assisting me on the phone was wonderful and had great suggestions. It arrived quick and was good. Wasn't anything overly special but I had no complaints.

If you have an AMA card it reduces room costs quite a bit. Definitely worth it. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank KaraL1
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came to Edmonton because our plans to Lake Louise and Calgary were changed because of the damage from the storm. Had a great experience at the Sawridge in Jasper so decided to stay with this chain. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. Printed out directions for us to find the mall and for the airport the next day. She also was kind enough to give us two bottles of water. I was quite pleased since a hotel in Vancouver wanted $7.00 a bottle. Rooms were quite comfortable and a free buffet breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I wish there was a Sawridge chain in the USA.

Room Tip: Hotel is located near the train tracks. Maybe the rooms in the front might be less noisy.