“Very Hospitable”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #31 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Very Hospitable”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here regularly coaching sports teams. The staff was polite and friendly, and accommodating for the numerous youth athletes it would host. They even organized a private buffet breakfast for all the participants in a conference room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stefan L
Lee Anne W, Front Office Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. I am thrilled to learn you have been our guest many times and find our hotel to be comfortable, with very helpful and friendly staff. Your feedback has been shared with our hotel team and is appreciated. We hope you return soon and look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Extremely disappointed with this hotel as I had stayed there monthly for about 6 months for business and then in May/13 I had this happen. I had my GPS unit in its case and rushed off to my meeting as the breakfast there which is usually great was terrible and left my GPS unit on the desk. I realized this about 20 minutes later and called the hotel that had someone check and said that it was not there. I asked if I could come back at noon and check for myself and they said I could. I got to the front desk and spoke to Jonathan who assured me that the room had not been cleaned yet and gave me a key. I went up to the room and to my surprise it was perfectly clean already. I went back down and told him and asked for the manager and he said they were not in and there was nothing he could do. i had to leave and then I tried to contact the manager numerous times and it took me a week to get someone called "Jose." She stated that she would look into it and call me back immediately with any news. It has now been 2 months and they have not called me back and I now where I left it and they did nothing about one of their staff stealing it. Just had to pass this on to stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank shayne k
alberta
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We recently stayed here while visiting Edmonton for a convention. The hotel has a nice feel about it and so did the rooms. We were travelling with family and so they were able to accommodate 8 of us in a very nice suite. It was basically a suite and another room connected so it gave us two bathrooms 3 bedrooms and a living room that also had a pullout. Each of the rooms had a tv - so 4 total! It also had a small fridge so that was helpful. Despite being on a busy road it was very quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful in all departments. The restaurant is very nice and has better than average food for a hotel. We dined here for supper as well. Although they did seem short staffed at breakfast and supper the ones who were working so hard did a great job and were very apologetic. The continental breakfast vouchers were great. It is like a restaurant though so you have to wait to be seated and then they serve you coffee etc. You cannot just walk up and get your own coffee. But the breakfast is lovely and has a big selection of hot and cold items. One of the better continentals I have ever had. It is also close to many restaurants and stores. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Monkeytoez
Thank you for your positive review of the Sawridge Inn - Edmonton South. We truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff, particularly their friendliness and professionalism. Ensure to contact our reservations staff directly for the best deals and rates when booking your future stays. We look forward to your return!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Sawridge Inn. Overall my experience was wonderful. The staff was amazing. So friendly and helpful!

The rooms are nice. Decent size although the bathrooms are on the small side. The doors and door jams were banged up and could use a paint job. The beds were fairly comfy. I loved that they had a variety of pillows for different preferences.

Room service was great. The lady assisting me on the phone was wonderful and had great suggestions. It arrived quick and was good. Wasn't anything overly special but I had no complaints.

If you have an AMA card it reduces room costs quite a bit. Definitely worth it. Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank KaraL1
Waltham, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We came to Edmonton because our plans to Lake Louise and Calgary were changed because of the damage from the storm. Had a great experience at the Sawridge in Jasper so decided to stay with this chain. The staff at the front desk was very helpful. Printed out directions for us to find the mall and for the airport the next day. She also was kind enough to give us two bottles of water. I was quite pleased since a hotel in Vancouver wanted $7.00 a bottle. Rooms were quite comfortable and a free buffet breakfast in the morning was wonderful. I wish there was a Sawridge chain in the USA.

Room Tip: Hotel is located near the train tracks. Maybe the rooms in the front might be less noisy.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Saskatoon
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Very comfortable hotel. Very quiet even though it was near major highways. A convenient location for shopping at big box stores. Restaurant service excellent and complimentary breakfast was awesome.. Check in and out fast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was nervous about the hotel when I saw the train tracks right behind but the inside was very nice. The lobby is very attractive. We could not hear any trains. The rooms decor was a little older but it was clean and large. The breakfast was the best continental breakfast we have had. The price was a little high considering there was no pool and there was only one door to get into the hotel. The parking was not close to the front door.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family