“Friendly Staff & Great Atmosphere”

Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #28 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Winnipeg
“Friendly Staff & Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to stay here during two recent business trips. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Especially in the restaurant and lounge. The rooms were basic but a nice size and well equipped. The included breakfast was very good with plenty of choices. The courtesy shuttle was nice and the driver very helpful and informative. I would not hesitate staying here again. Extra thanks to Holly at the front desk and Sherry in the lounge.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Howard T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2013

5 nights on business. Nice lobby but lots of little things that I noticed. First was the evening front desk staff who never even cracked a smile or even looked at you when speaking. Bed was a king but the mattress was crushed on one side and the other side was high. Signs of people only using one side I guess. Plumbing was old and faulty. When shower was running just as much water was coming out of tap. Seals were shot I guess. Someones dirty dishes sat by pop machine for two days before they were picked up. Phone jacks in hallway broken off wall and just dangling. No pool or hot tub. Restaurant food was good but a little pricey ( Spaghetti didn't even come with a piece of bread) Staff in restaurant were friendly and helpful. Although I got my room at a cheaper rate the rate posted was over $250. At that price I would expect more attention to details and maintenance not to mention a happier evening front desk staff. (the check out staff on the morning I left were way better) Not a hotel issue but west direction access to the Whitemud and overall access to the hotel is a challenge. I would stay again if the price was low but wouldn't book it otherwise.

Room Tip: West side rooms are best due to trains on east side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I happened to stay at Sawridge South for my company's one week training course and it was a good experience. The staffs were accommodating and helpful and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you Mr. Ralph who drove me to my class every morning. You really helped me a lot with directions and stuffs. I would recommend for u guys to stay at Sawridge. Till next :)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank joquids
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The beds in this hotel are amazing! The food when ordering room service is as well. They certainly take care of the building.
A couple of cons. No microwaves in the room! I prefer to have balconies if available. I understand smoking by-laws. Once they found out I was a smoker, they have not given me a room with a balcony. I stay here every few months for work, and when I request a balcony, they are not polite about saying no and 'letting me know about the smoking by laws.' The people employed at the front desk could use some manners and a friendly demeanour.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Chelsea B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I guess you should never judge a book by it's cover - this place looked kinda tired from the outside and location is overwhelming (major intersection/access to Whitemud, railway tracks, etc). I was certain I would be disappointed with this hotel - was I ever wrong!
As soon as you enter into the lobby you know this is a nice place. The atmosphere is very contemporary and modern. Front desk staff were friendly and efficient. The lounge has some lively and positive staff and the in-house dining was great.
The room was a little bit of a let down - given how beautiful the lobby, lounge and restaurant are, you expect that would carry forward to the guest rooms - not the case. It was very clean and had everything you could need in a hotel room - just nothing special. We had a view of Gateway Blvd which would probably be the best view considering the other side would offer a view of the parking lot or railway tracks.

Room Tip: We looked over Gateway Blvd - which is likely the better view. Ask for an upper floor room. The ra...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Check-in was quick and efficient, with a smile. The room was clean, nicely appointed and the bed was extremely comfortable. Unfortunately, we had a room overlooking the railway tracks, but it actually turned out not to be an issue, and we barely noticed he sound of the occasional train passing by. We chose to have dinner in Creations, the hotel restaurant, and, although we just had burgers and sandwiches, they were well presented and very tasty. The hot breakfast buffet was included with our room, and there was a good selection of hot dishes as well as the usual cereal and cold items - lots of choices and very good. Check-out was speedy, and included a couple of complimentary Easter treats, as it was Easter Sunday.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 404HappyTraveller
Calgary
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I wanted to like this hotel especially after reading the other reviews. We arrived for our booking and were offered a room on the ground floor. Apparently in the wing where people stay with their animals - as was obvious from the state the room was in (ripped and stained carpet etc.) We were told there weren't any other rooms available that night but maybe for the next. Turned out not to be the case. The second night there was a lot of barking going on from the animals up and down the hall.

I think that if they had told us ahead of time that this was a pet hallway and a room normally reserved for pets then we would have been better prepared for what we encountered. Otherwise, it was quite disappointing that the reality was far, far different from the photos and what the website promised. Quite expensive for rooms that felt similar to the Super 8.

Room Tip: Don't go on the ground floor unless you're bringing a pet. ASK them to make sure you aren...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends