Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #19 of 91 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I live in Edmonton...go here for a nice buffet breakfast, it's the best deal in town, great atmosphere and staff. Sure, the Hotel Mac is nicer and has an unbelievable selection at 5 times the price, and I go there too, but this is a great place to take the kids and friends for a impromptu morning outing. It's cheap, you can treat everyone. Skip ihop and Denny's and give this a try.

Manoj.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank manojgupta1

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night after a long flight in from the UK. The hotel is easy to find and offers good parking. Staff were very friendly and helpful, i never encountered and real hold ups or excessive busy periods causing a delay or queueing. Room service was simple and very very quick, no excessive tray charge either.
I stayed in the top range room 'jaccuzzi room' with a pre book was only 205 cad for a massive suite, if you stay there please spend the extra coin just for this room alone, its on the 5th floor so very little traffic noise, the bed is huge and very comfy, sitting room is massive with TVs sofas, bar, you name it. The bathroom has a huge shower and full size hot tub. jacuzzi, loved this.
We had an eevening meal and the food was very good and well presented, very reasonably priced too, good wine selection too. The place has a nice feel, the mai lobby area is open authentic and well presented with open fires and original features, i should have also metioned that the entire hotel was immaculate.
Only problem i found was that the gym although offered in the hotel booklet was out of order and you had to use a voucher for a heath centre over the street. Overall we loved it and we will use the Sawridge again.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room no 503
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BrianNicoll
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your 5-Star review! It’s great to hear you found our Master Jacuzzi room was nicely appointed and our staff was helpful and were able to assist with your needs. Your business is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while I was in town on business. The hotel is situated between two major roads and a train. The street noise was bad. The only rooms that are not facing the street or railway are interior rooms which are above the lounge, so you hear the people partying or having drinks. Even though last call is at 11 pm they don't have to leave until they are finished their drinks. If you can get to sleep, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are large. Buffet breakfast is very good. Wifi is weak on the rooms. I wouldn't stay again as it was just too noisy at night to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found our beds to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast.
It is true that we are located at the intersection of Whitemud Drive and Gateway Blvd. This gives us excellent access to both Downtown Edmonton to the North and the west end of Edmonton including West Edmonton Mall. I do apologize that the noise from the traffic made it uncomfortable for you during your stay.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used to love staying at this hotel until they started charging me all different amounts on my credit card (room and deposit were already taken care of) for no apparent reason and also when I phoned and questioned then they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about even though I had my card statement right in front of me.

• Stayed: September 2012
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear LalaA99,

I am terribly concerned about your comments. Please contact me at 780-438-1222 at your earliest convenience to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I got married
March 3, 2012. The week before was so nice and we had no snow. The week of, a few days before our marriage it stsrted to snow and did not stop! We had planned to have photos done outside!!! NOT! Lol
I was panicking .... Where could we have our wedding photos done? My Photographer suggested the Sawridge. I called and asked if we could do some photos there with my explanation of my situation! The manager said we could drop in at the agreed time! My photos are priceless my mom is 90 years young so I am so greatful we were blessed to have such s beautiful location for our Wedding Phptos.
My husband and I went back the next might and had dinner in the dinning room. The most Yummiest food I have had in a long time.
I would suggest to every one to come and experience the Sawridge Hotel when they are in Edmonton. Great location, food, and Serviice.
Sincerely
Mr and Mrs Heckman

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Iamblessed2
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Dear Mr and Mrs Heckman,

We are truly honored you selected the Sawridge Inn as the location for your Wedding Photos. The warm and welcoming ambiance of our Lobby, Art Gallery and Creations Restaurant & Lounge must have been an ideal backdrop for your photos. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary. The lady who checked us in was delightful and upgraded us. The room was great. Very clean. The staff were friendly.
The only downside was the restaurant in the hotel. The staff was wonderful but the food was quite expensive and not cooked properly. We were sad b/c we liked the hotel so much. We'd stay there again for sure...but we'd eat out.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luna m

Dear Luna,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. We are truly delighted you selected the Sawridge Inn as the host hotel for your Anniversary; I’m happy to advise we just had a new Executive Chef join our team and he brings a wealth of culinary knowledge to the property. Our Chef will be focusing on improving food quality and consistency in our restaurant. We look forward to your return visit so you can experience the improvements first hand.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a great place to stay in the South Edmonton area. Hotel was recently updated. The lobby and bar area are gorgeous, and the room was nice as well. The bed was super comfy and there were black out curtains to block the morning sunlight. The room was spacious. There was additional mirror and counter space in the room outside of the bathroom, so two adult females were easily able to do hair and makeup simultaneously. The rate we got for our room was the best we found in the area, and the positive ratings helped us choose this hotel. We were not disappointed. It was a great place to come back to and crash at the end of the day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear bkfisher,

We are grateful to receive such positive feedback from you about your recent stay with us. We really strive to make the Sawridge Inn your home away from home. We look forward to your return visit.