Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South
Ranked #30 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Edmonton, Canada
“Noisy rooms”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while I was in town on business. The hotel is situated between two major roads and a train. The street noise was bad. The only rooms that are not facing the street or railway are interior rooms which are above the lounge, so you hear the people partying or having drinks. Even though last call is at 11 pm they don't have to leave until they are finished their drinks. If you can get to sleep, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are large. Buffet breakfast is very good. Wifi is weak on the rooms. I wouldn't stay again as it was just too noisy at night to sleep.

• Stayed October 2012
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are very pleased that you found our beds to be comfortable and that you enjoyed our hot buffet breakfast.
It is true that we are located at the intersection of Whitemud Drive and Gateway Blvd. This gives us excellent access to both Downtown Edmonton to the North and the west end of Edmonton including West Edmonton Mall. I do apologize that the noise from the traffic made it uncomfortable for you during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I used to love staying at this hotel until they started charging me all different amounts on my credit card (room and deposit were already taken care of) for no apparent reason and also when I phoned and questioned then they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about even though I had my card statement right in front of me.

• Stayed September 2012
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear LalaA99,

I am terribly concerned about your comments. Please contact me at 780-438-1222 at your earliest convenience to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I got married
March 3, 2012. The week before was so nice and we had no snow. The week of, a few days before our marriage it stsrted to snow and did not stop! We had planned to have photos done outside!!! NOT! Lol
I was panicking .... Where could we have our wedding photos done? My Photographer suggested the Sawridge. I called and asked if we could do some photos there with my explanation of my situation! The manager said we could drop in at the agreed time! My photos are priceless my mom is 90 years young so I am so greatful we were blessed to have such s beautiful location for our Wedding Phptos.
My husband and I went back the next might and had dinner in the dinning room. The most Yummiest food I have had in a long time.
I would suggest to every one to come and experience the Sawridge Hotel when they are in Edmonton. Great location, food, and Serviice.
Sincerely
Mr and Mrs Heckman

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Iamblessed2
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Mr and Mrs Heckman,

We are truly honored you selected the Sawridge Inn as the location for your Wedding Photos. The warm and welcoming ambiance of our Lobby, Art Gallery and Creations Restaurant & Lounge must have been an ideal backdrop for your photos. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Jasper National Park, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our anniversary. The lady who checked us in was delightful and upgraded us. The room was great. Very clean. The staff were friendly.
The only downside was the restaurant in the hotel. The staff was wonderful but the food was quite expensive and not cooked properly. We were sad b/c we liked the hotel so much. We'd stay there again for sure...but we'd eat out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luna m
Dear Luna,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on Trip Advisor. We are truly delighted you selected the Sawridge Inn as the host hotel for your Anniversary; I’m happy to advise we just had a new Executive Chef join our team and he brings a wealth of culinary knowledge to the property. Our Chef will be focusing on improving food quality and consistency in our restaurant. We look forward to your return visit so you can experience the improvements first hand.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a great place to stay in the South Edmonton area. Hotel was recently updated. The lobby and bar area are gorgeous, and the room was nice as well. The bed was super comfy and there were black out curtains to block the morning sunlight. The room was spacious. There was additional mirror and counter space in the room outside of the bathroom, so two adult females were easily able to do hair and makeup simultaneously. The rate we got for our room was the best we found in the area, and the positive ratings helped us choose this hotel. We were not disappointed. It was a great place to come back to and crash at the end of the day.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear bkfisher,

We are grateful to receive such positive feedback from you about your recent stay with us. We really strive to make the Sawridge Inn your home away from home. We look forward to your return visit.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The Sawridge Inn catered for over 80 guests in a group for a period of 10 days. Their service was outstanding and always done with a smile. They went out of their way to help everyone and to try and satisfy all questions. They even laundered team uniforms in a couple of hours so people didn't have to try and find a laundromat!
The hotel was always spotless, meetings were made available with a TV at a moments notice for team players to relax and enjoy and to minimise the impact on guests who were not part of this large sporting group. They provide frequent shuttle service to all guests to anywhere their heart desired. The rooms were wonderful the beds amazing, room was always cleaned daily to an exceptional level. I can not say enough good things about this hotel. 10 out of 5 stars!

Room Tip: they have a great set up with the junior suit room, beds are in 2 separate rooms
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rob W, General Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear VHAPPY2012,
The Sawridge Inn Edmonton South was honored to be awarded “Host Hotel” for the 2012 Canadian Little League Championships. Your wonderful comments and praises are truly appreciated by all our staff that attended to the group's needs throughout the 10 day period.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel during a heat wave in Edmonton. The A/C was of very poor quality and did not work properly in many of the rooms, We had to change rooms 3 times because of A/C problems as did 4 families from our group. There was also a noise in the elevator shaft which made so much noise at night it was impossible to sleep at night and they kept right on renting the same room over and over without making repairs. The ventilation ducts and filters were visibly full of dirt. The furniture was old, chairs ,sofa beds and bureaus all needed freshening. The one exception were the beds which were very comfortable. Some bathrooms had been remodelled. They allow pet on the first floor , the first room we had the bathroom floor was covered in dog hair, can you imagine the carpet? The restaurant had an excellent daily breakfast buffet, a little expensive and not included with the room, even with the rental of a suite! A bit pricy for a family of 4. The staff at the desk were friendly and curtious. The location of the hotel is bizarre, it is right on the train tracks making it a little noisy for people whose rooms face that way. Unfortunately there is no pool. The workout room was under renovation. It was a 15 min. drive from the airport and a 15 min. drive to downtown.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the east side of building. The suites were nice, but a bit pricey. The rooms...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank catherine j
Rob W, Manager at Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre Edmonton South, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Catherine,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment on your less than satisfactory experience at our hotel during your last stay. After investigating, the cause of the A/C issues you mentioned, it was discovered that the malfunction was due to the thermostats in the rooms getting set to low which caused the A/C units to freeze up. We have since reprogrammed all of our guest room thermostats to avoid this from reoccurring. I am happy to report that the elevator noise has also been rectified. Again thank you for bring your concerns to our attention; I look forward to your return visit when you’ll be able to try out or new fitness facility due to reopen next month.