“Do not stay at this hotel.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Edmonton
Grand Hotel Edmonton
Ranked #89 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
dawson
“Do not stay at this hotel.”
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have to agree with Trish in her review of the grand hotel, in Edmonton, I found the desk clerk (Sammy) To be totally arrogant, and obnoxious, and I was stunned when after checking into this hotel and observing Sammy to find Sammy does not require I.D. from many of his customers. He insists on I.D. for people he doesn't like ( the professional, and blue collar people) however the people of the street who hang out at the greyhound across the street, he doesn't appear to require I.D. After reviewing the room, which was small, and smelly, and finding numerous issues with the sheets etc, I decided to locate another hotel, this decision was based on my observances of Sammy's unprofessional approach to the front desk, and watching Sammy evict the blue collar travelers. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
11 Thank mysterytravellor

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Saskatoon
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I cannot believe that anyone would write a review like the one from the man from Baltimore unless as a really bad joke!! Partly based on the trip advisor review my daughter and I booked in to the 'Grand Hotel ' In Edmonton. I love to stay in heritage properties and especially local flavor hotels. this place is a flophouse. the first thing we noticed as we were entering the "lobby" - desk behind plexiglass window - was the smell old cigarette smoke - beer and whatever. It was totally downhill from there. We hoped the floors and rooms upstairs were the good part - we were wrong! the hallway was filthy with a wrecked runner rug trying to cover some of the stained, old, old linoleum. The stairs were covered in worn out plywood! The room was dirty, small. torn curtains, cigarette burns everywhere on the carpet, furniture (TV stand) night table, on the tiny wrecked bathroom vanity. There was a hole in the bathroom door. We got out immediately as did another man who checked in at the same time we did. I felt like I needed a shower just from being there. The other review on this hotel is a disgrace to the trip advisor website and shows how careful you must be when researching a hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank Trish19

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels