“Old and dirty”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Reviewed August 7, 2010

We got a great deal but we won't stay here until the rooms get renovated. The rooms are huge and have a modern feel, but they are in need of renovations.

The bathtub was so dirty when I rubbed the side of the tub the build-up peeled off...can we say gross. I called down and asked if the tub could be cleaned while we went out shopping but when we came back it was the same. I think they are just doing a wipe down instead of a scrub. The tubs are so old you think it's just the tub, but it's not, because I picked up some cleaner while I was out and cleaned it myself...smooth and shiny.

The beds aren't very comfortable, but it was very quiet. And the restaurant can offer gluten free meal options.

Overall I would prefer to stay at the Sutton Place, Holiday Inn Express or Westin.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

I was disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your stay, in regards to your room condition and the tub. This has been reviewed with our Executive Housekeeper.

As for the gluten free menu option, our food and beverage Director and the Chef are aware of your inquiry and will certainly take this in consideration.

Rosalie Hallee
Revenue Manager & Reservation Manager

Reviewed June 8, 2010

My room was huge and nicely appointed, the staff was all very courteous and professional ... there is really nothing I could say was negative as far as my experience.

The only thing I was not fond of was the outside entrance. It's a bit grungy and needs an update, but otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in DT Edmonton!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2010

Thank you for sharing all these great comments with us. We do hear from several of our guests that our rooms are very spacious. We truly appreciate our guest’s reviews as it assists us to improve our quality of service and were glad to hear that you were pleased with the staff at Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel,

Look forward to having you stay with us again,

Reviewed May 8, 2010

I work for a large fashion company and travel a great deal quite often with staff. We stay at the Delta Center Suites every year once in March and once the first weekend in May. This time we arrived April 30st.

First of all a huge thank you goes out to Steve and Andrea who dealt with the many changes and add ons that I had to do as a result from my staff. Honestly Andrea and Steve you two have the patience of saints and I thank you very much. :)

When I arrive Judi at the front desk is always quick to exclaim, "Jodi, welcome home" for the amount I travel it is so nice to hear a friendly voice who is indeed glad to see us.and I look forward to seeing her and the rest of the front desk staff, truly this is the hotel I am HAPPY to return to because I feel like I am kinda at home.
Rooms are large and very clean, my staff and I always comment about how comfortable the beds are......for me, I have the worst sleeps away from home but truly the beds at this Delta ...well....they feel like my bed and I have the best sleeps on all of my travels.
As imagined we tend to order a ot of room service after working 10-14 hours days prepping for show and room service is always spot on.Quick friendly and the food arrives hot and tasty!

Coffee in morning, on the weekends I have to go to Cocoas at 6:30
to get that first cup (never been charged for it but have at other Deltas across Canada, not sure why??? But wish the other Deltas would do the same, pleaseremember tip the server, free coffee and all :) ) to wake me up but Monday morning they have it in the lobby???? Not sure why this is???

Anyhow this Delta is lovely.....yes the homeless can be a little daunting but the Delta staff and hotel more then makes up for this.....Oh and the restaurant Letzia, in the mall a few feet away from the Delta , totally rocks when one has enough energy to muster an actual sit down dinner that requires more then lifting one's hotel phone and weakly muttering, I need food and wine" the the room service staff. ;D

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank quincytoo
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Thank you for sharing all these great comments with us. Your comments mean a lot to us as we are always striving to give the best service available at the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and your team again next year,

Reviewed April 26, 2010

This is a great hotel with some wonderful people working there but......

When we booked the room online we asked for a room away from the elevator but when we got to our room we found that we were directly across from them. This made for a very loud night when we were in out room. During the night one of the people traveling with us fell ill and we ended up taking him to the Royal Alex hospital which we didn't know was the closest until the parking attendant pointed that out which we were grateful for.

Also this hotel is like a maze from the hallways getting to the lobby to the parking tower and the elevator in the parking tower. It is really easy to get lost and turned around if you don't have a good idea about how the hotel is laid out. Also just getting to the hotel is a bit of a mess. Down town edmonton is a mess of one way streets and dead ends. It puts you away from everything most visiting people want to see like West Edmonton Mall. This would be a great place for a business person to stay at if they were working downtown but really isn't that great for anyone coming to see the sites of the city.

A plus side again was the people that work there are all wonderful and helpful. Also the beds were to die for (just wish we had more time to sleep in them).

Things like where the room was is an easy fix if we had just let the desk know i am sure they would of fixed it for us. But it would be nice to have a map of the hotel and parking town that I still can't wrap my head around lol.

All in all it was a wonderful place with a few small problems. We would stay there again if on business down town

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate our guest’s reviews as it assists us to improve our quality of service. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with your guestroom and enjoyed our Sanctuary Bed. We do receive a lot of compliments in this regard. I do agree that sometimes driving in a large City can be confusing. Our staff are very quick to offer maps and directions to places of interest.

Look forward to having you stay with us again

Reviewed April 1, 2010

The rooms are excellent - updated, good quality linens. The view of the mall is a bit creepy - especially considering how dated it is and how it looks like its on its way to becoming a dead mall.

The lobby is very dated. The staff are friendly, but not overly competent. I booked with Expedia, paid in advance, yet they tried to charge me again - twice. They also said the breakfast was included in the room - but tried to charge me $14 for it. The breakfast buffet was pathetic - greasy, nasty, cold, unhealthy... Really, $14 for crap food that's been sitting in a warmer forever - avoid their restaurant at all costs!

The access to the parking garage is creepy - you walk through a maze of graffiti riddled passageways, wondering if one of the homeless residents from the mall is waiting to mug you.

The gym is pretty good - but the sauna was broken.

Anyone who tells you that this is a nice hotel, must be comparing it to a trucker's motel.... I expect a lot move from Delta - I was flabbergasted that they keep their name on this location.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheocheo
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate our guest’s reviews as it assists us to improve our quality of service. We were glad to hear that you were pleased with our guestrooms. We do receive a lot of compliments in this regard. We have just completed a renovation of our lobby a few months ago with Italian ceramic tile & a water wall feature.
We are sorry that you did not enjoy our breakfast buffet. As a four star hotel, we do offer a high quality of food and services, and are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Reviewed March 19, 2010

We arrived mid-afternoon March 5th and checked out the 8th. Although I had not been in Edmonton in twenty years I had no difficulty finding the hotel, with a little help from Google maps.

Check in was quick and courteous, in fact everyone at the hotel was courteous. Everyone at least smiled in my direction and the majority said hello or good day to me. It was very nice, I found I was doing the same back.

Parking was in an adjacent multi level garage that is attached to both the hotel and adjoining shopping mall. I found it quite a hike from our room to the car, and it was twenty dollars per day.

I booked online and specified a room far from the elevators. They granted my request and our suite was along the wall farthest from the elevators. It seemed like a good city block first thing in the morning on the way to the restaurant so take that into account when you book as it might be a long walk for some people.

Our suite was in a corner of the hall and had a bedroom with two queen beds. The only window to the outside world was in the bedroom, facing east I think it was. The sitting room had a large window that looked out into an open area with plants and a skylight above so there was natural light technically in the front room just not much of it and you have to be willing to sit with the curtains open in a window that faces into the hotel common area. There was also a bar and fridge in the front room and the bathroom had a jetted tub which was a pleasant surprise. Usually I don't like hotel soap but whatever they have there smells wonderful. It's a whole line of stuff, herbal soap, green tea gels, moisturizer etc. It was all great. The bed linens were all first rate.

However the suite was a bit tired, several items were in need of maintenance but none were a real problem. Among them were a cabinet door in the bar area that was loose, the hot water faucet at the bathroom sink was loose, the heating was confusing and difficult to regulate (what hotel isn't?) The remote for the sitting room TV had dead batteries, and the Lodgenet service was down most of our stay. Again none of these things would ruin our stay. Had we been paying rack rate I might have made a slight fuss but we got an excellent weekend value rate and we got a great room for the money.

I would recommend this hotel to friends without hesitation, in fact I plan to stay here again in June. It is in a great location for weekend night life. It is really handy being attached to 'City Centre mall, it has everything, even a connection to LRT. It's an ideal base for a weekend in Edmonton.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2010

Thank you for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We appreciate your comments regarding some maintenance issues and I am glad to report they have since been addressed.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for your future stay in June, it will be a pleasure to have you stay with us again ''

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a day (Thursday) in March. I chose this location because it's close to the LRT stations and in the downtown area. The entrance of the hotel is in the downtown mall. The front desk staffs are courteous during my entire stay there.

I got a king-sized bedroom on the 5th floor right by the elevator and the window faces the mall. It was obvious that the room was quite old and hasn't been furnished for a while (or at least it doesn't look like it had been renovated...). Basically, other than the bathroom counter in the room, everything looks really old. The chair by the desk had lots of stains in it, so I didn't even bother sitting in it. I spotted a few stains (hopefully they are just coffee stains) on the bedsheets. The plug to the bathroom tub didn't work so wasn't able to check out the jet tub. But to be honest, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to use it since the tub looks so old and I'm a bit skeptical about it. The water pressure and the temperature of the water were all good, so I did get a decent shower after a long day.

Unfortunately on the night that I was there, they had issues with the TV channels (was told due to Shaw Cable) after 8:45pm...I was stuck with having nothing to do when I waited till 9:15pm (and the mall was already closed)...so I headed straight to bed. The bed was really comfortable though. I had a bit of noise issue...at around midnight, or may be it was 11pm, people must have just gotten out of the movie theatre just 2 floors below my room in the hoel...there were a few rowdy groups that woke me up...then around 1am, I had a group of people chatting outside my room that woke me once again...I guess you can't really control the people coming out of the theatre, but getting a room farther away from the elevators is always a much better idea to avoid having noise issues.

So overall...
PROS : Convenient location (mall access, LRT stations, coffee shops - Starbucks, Second Cup, Tim Hortons are all within 5 min walk from hotel), Comfortable beds, Courteous staffs

CONS: Stained chairs, carpets & bedsheets, old bathtub, unstable TV connections (can't really blame the hotel if it's really Shaw Cable's fault), noise issue from movie theatre in the mall if room faces the inside.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2010

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We were glad to hear that you were happy with our location, comfortable beds and our courteous staff. We do receive a lot of compliments in this regard. I was also sorry to hear that you did not get the good night sleep you were looking for due to noise coming from the adjacent theatre. I also wanted to advise that carpet and chair stains are being addressed with our regular deep cleaning schedule.