Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
  • Fitness center
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsdowntown malljetted tubfront desk staffone bedroom suiteconvenient locationoilers gamemini fridgepull out couchrenovated roombit datedbed was very comfortablecalanparkadepedwayprivilegesrogerslrt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel three times before, both for very good rates.
I booked a suite as there were 3 adults staying in the room, but wasn't overly impressed. There was a large pillar in the middle of the room, which seemed odd. Also, the room just seemed a little old and dated.
Service is excellent at this hotel. Front desk staff is so nice! We were informed that parking in the garage is cheaper when you don't do it through the hotel.. I think it is about $20 if you pay Delta and $10-$15 if you just park it yourself.
I like the location, the mall is actually a very good mall.. good for when you don't want to deal with the West Edmonton Mall.. lots of shopping without so many people around.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Manager at Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2010

Thank you for sharing you comments on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location with great shopping and that you received excellent customer service. I did want to mention when parking is purchased through the Hotel, it does provide you with in and out privileges, when purchased through the parkade it does not.

Reviewed January 28, 2010

We regulary fly into Edmton for the Oilers games and have stayed at a few hotels in the downtown area. However, we have officially come back to the Delta and will continue to do so. The rates are reasonable and the rooms are very large, well decorated and kept maintained. It is attached to the mall which is very convenient for shopping, movies and food. It is so easy to catch the LRT that you really don't need a jacket, except for the walk from the stop to the stadium. Best of all, the front desk staff at the Delta are absolutely amazing. They are helpful, courteous, happy and excellent employees. They great you like you are long lost family. If you are looking for a hotel in the downtown area for leisure, I highly highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Dave, Director of Sales and Marketing at Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2010

My name is Dave, I am the Director of Sales & Marketing at the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel. Thank you for sharing you comments on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and easy access to the LRT. It is quick to get to the game. I have taken the LRT from the Hotel several times to go and see the Oilers.

Reviewed January 9, 2010

Wonderful little hotel in a fantastic location downtown, close to everything, and best of all, located adjacent (essentially within) a great little mall just steps from a movie theater and a splendid little restaurant (Lazia). Front staff was excellent, the atmosphere is calm, quiet, the hotel is clean and inviting. Free high speed internet was a nice touch. The rooms are very large yet still comfortable and cozy. The king bed was incredibly comfortable and offered an amazing sleep. And the price was very reasonable (although one would expect free guest parking yet it was quite expensive if purchased through the hotel). If you want a good night's sleep and a pleasant stay in a fine location in Edmonton, Delta Edmonton Centre is a great choice!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LetsGetAway-ca
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales and Marketing at Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2010

My name is Dave, I am the Director of Sales & Marketing at the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel. Thank you for sharing you comments on your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and that you found our rooms large and comfortable. We hear that a lot form our return guests.

Reviewed November 9, 2009

We spent a Family weekend in Edmonton recently and stayed one night at the Delta Centre Suite Hotel as a "treat" - having heard a lot of good things about the location. We got a pretty good rate on a 1 Bedroom King Suite through the Delta website using AMA (CAA).

For a first time visitor, the initial experience can be confusing - starting right from "where to park the car" to unload. There is no valet parking and very minimal unloading area (3 vehicles filled the area when we drove up). There is a designated parking area (parkade) to the NW of the hotel which is run by a separate company (CASH ONLY). We parked there and dragged our luggage to the hotel 1/2 block away.

The hotel as mentioned is located IN a mall but is easily accessable from outside. The Lobby is very pleasant and nicely appointed with lots of wood, glass and brass and a cozy fireplace in the registration area - complimentary local newspapers are available to guests in the lobby. Check in was quick and courteous. I wanted to compare my CAA rate with a promotion I saw on their website for "Bed & Parking", but was told that those prices were only available from the central Delta Booking - all that was available via the check in desk was the rack rate which in the words of the desk person was "quite HIGH". I heard a number of comments from staff that it was cheaper to pay the parkade directly rather than to try and buy a "parking package" rate through the hotel. I was happy with the CAA rate and so I didn't pursue the rate issue any further.

We got a room on the 4th floor looking toward the south (read the FAR end of the hallway from the single bank of elevators in the hotel). The first thing to greet our eye when we walked into the room was a HUGE pillar in the middle of the "living" area of the room. The room was very bland, poorly laid out and, although the furniture was in good condition, it had no style to it. The room had a sink and fridge but no microwave. There was a work area with a pull out desk for placing a laptop onto. The large pillar blocked the view of the flatscreen TV from the easy chair (okay to watch from the couch though).

A narrow hallway led to the washroom which was nicely appointed as was up to expectations - although there were only towels provided for 2 people :-) Cost saving measure, I guess. The bedroom area was small (when filled with the kingsize bed), with a large closet containing an ironing board and extra pillow and blanket. The television in the bedroom amoir did not work properly - just kept cycling through all the channels :-( Great for us guys but the ladies found it annoying ;-) Both the bed and the double pullout were quite comfortable and the room was nice and quiet.

The housekeeping standards at the hotel seemed to need a boost. There were a couple of wine glasses out side our door from previous guests that were still there when we left the next day. Supply carts seemed to be permanently stationed/abandoned at a number of locations along the hallway instead of tucked away in the housekeeping areas that we saw with the doors open. Although the main carpet area was clean, the corners revealed that the floor had not been "deep cleaned" in quite a while as the corners were white with dust and clutter.

The hotel rate included "Continental Breakfast" which we found out amounted to a $14/person credit (max 2 credits per room) toward breakfast at the restaurant attached to the hotel. It was also noted at check in that the "Sunday Brunch" was $23//person - so breakfast for 4 was still going to cost $64 + Tip + GST. We opted to walk a block down the street to Tim Hortons and spend SUBSTANTIALLY LESS on breakfast - although I am sure that the atmosphere was not nearly as relaxing as at the hotel restaurant!!!.

Overall, the hotel was a disappointment - The beds were comfortable and the staff were very helpful and professional - but I am glad we didn't pay more that $20 above the price of a room at Super 8. We were verbally offered their "best" room on a return stay based on my discussion with the desk staff. To give the hotel a break, I will assume that our "Unique" room was the structural "oops" in the architects design of the hotel. I would think that most architects would incorprate the large, structurally necessary pillars into walls where possible - this room missed out on that courtesy.

Would I return for another stay? . . . Probably not, given the other options available in downtown Edmonton that give more value for the $$.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2009

We are platinum members with Delta and this location is their worst one. The rooms are spacious and nice but they need to change the jet tubs as they are decades old. Ther service needs work, and language is a barrier at times so it can be hard to order room service. They do not have a full kitchen right now so you cannot order a full breakfast, but you pay full prices. Very nice people and great location.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple