For the purposes of objectivity I should say now that our room was the premier 4-person jacuzzi suite, so everything I say here pertains only to that room, I cannot speak to the quality of the rest of the hotel. I should also point out that the hotel rooms were apparently renovated 3 or 4 years ago so perhaps that explains some of the other reviews.
I've read the reviews of this hotel and now, having stayed at the delta edmonton centre suites, cannot understand many of them. I suppose when it comes to hotels a lot of the experience comes down to luck but our stay here was very pleasant. The rooms were very clean and - contrary to some reviews - relatively modern. Granted, the decor doesn't resemble an Apple store but if you want that there's always the Matrix hotel and its partners. Personally, when I stay at a hotel I don't like to feel as though I'm in a lunar station from a future where Andy Worhol has risen from the grave and taken command of interior design for all man-kind. But that's me lol. The bed was very comfortable, as was the seating area, and the massaging shower was a nice touch that I wasn't even expecting lol. The bath products were excellent and the entire suite was very clean, no damage, dirt etc.
I have read reviews where people have complained about the noise of the elevators, and it was true in our room that you could hear them passing. For us it wasn't a problem, in fact I quite enjoyed the sound, it was kind of like a quiet little jet flying by, but then again I'm a 10 year old boy trapped in a man's body so take that as you will lol. Even if your inner-child is dead though and you quite detest strange noises, I would say not to worry, the sound was quiet enough to be negligable and wouldn't interrupt sleep.
Now, having said that our room itself was excellent, I must say that the dining and room service was not. When we called down for breakfast they were 'out' of eggs benedict and I don't recall there being an english muffin shortage accross the province at the time, so that was somewhat strange lol. The food we did receive was reasonably priced as hotels go, however the eggs were undercooked and my partner's waffles left much to be desired when compared to the average restaurant. In addition, the man who delivered the food to our room somehow seemed upset that we had ordered room service, as though it had ruined his day lol. The front desk staff were very pleasant though, and quite accomodating of special requets and so when I say the service was relatively poor I am referring primarily to our experience with room service.
The only other thing to mention was the coffee maker in the room, I will admit that the 'incident' was somewhat my fault, however Delta would still be facing a lawsuit if we were in the United States, so they can be thankful for that lol. When I filled the coffee maker and turned it on I had neglected to replace the lid that covers the jar, not realizing that the lid depresses a spring which allows for the water to drain from the coffee filter. Sooo, when I went to pull the jar out to pour a cup of coffee, the filter compartment came out with it and poured hot water all over my hand, ouch! So, half my fault, half the fault of the worst engineered coffee maker in the world lol.
All in all then, the room itself was excellent, however I would eat elsewhere if I returned and if you're one of those travellers who likes to be, shall we say...pampered by the staff, then perhaps this is not the hotel for you. I would definately reccomend it for anybody who wants a great room at a decent price and isn't concerned about all the 'little things'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 7 minutes from everything…Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites is ideally located in the heart of downtown Edmonton within the City Centre Shopping Mall. Featuring pedway connections to the subway, 2 other shopping centres, the Shaw Conference Centre and 17 office towers, our Edmonton, Candada hotel is just 7 minutes from everything. Just steps away from Sir Winston Churchill Square, City Hall and the heart of the Arts District we are right next door to internationally recognized festivals such as the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, Jazz Festival, Street Performers Festival, and Taste of Edmonton. If festivals are not your thing, the same area boasts cultural locations such as the Alberta Art Gallery, Winspear Theatre and Citadel Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelPower, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Edmonton Centre Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Delta
- Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel
- Delta Hotels Edmonton Centre Suites Alberta