“Loved this place!!”

Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Alberta
“Loved this place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2008

My family and I had the absolute pleasure of staying in this hotel recently! Every single detail from reserving online and on the phone, to the front desk people, to the bartenders and waiters and waitresses, to the housekeeping staff and everyone that works here were amazing!!! We booked 2 rooms, one for my husband and myself, and one for the kids and every single detail right down to games and movies for the kids taken care of. We enjoyed every minute of it and will stay again next time we are in Edmonton!!

• Liked — The beautiful rooms and the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

This hotel was a bargain to stay at - we lucked out when we booked during the friends and family event. The hotel is centrally located and close to everything! The hotel is connected to the Edmonton City Centre which is perfect for some shopping as it connects to several other shopping complexes.

The staff was great! We booked a room with one king size bed because they didn't have any rooms with 2 queen size beds. But we were able to change it to a room with 2 queen size beds as it was available when we got there. Yeah!

The room we stayed in was pretty big and it looked as if it's newly renovated, it overlooked the mall which is pretty neat. The beds were SUPER comfy!! We even had complimentary internet which was a bonus!

We dined at The Creperie which was close by. It's a cozy restaurant that specializes in crepes. The food was amazing! We had the 3 course meal. It came with an appetizer, a dinner crepe and a dessert crepe. YUM!

There's also a bus stop right by Edmonton City Centre and the bus goes directly to West Edmonton Mall.

I wouldn't definitely stay here again if I ever go back. You get a bang for your buck here.

• Stayed August 2008
Prince George, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2008

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. Our room was clean and
comfortable. The room we had was facing South towards a busy highway with a lot of traffic during the day. We didn't find it to be
very noisy from the room and at night the traffic was very light and we had a good nights sleep with no disturbances.
The breakfast in the restaurant was good and the kids enjoyed the pool. The hotel is in an area close to lots of shopping and restaurants and it is a short drive to downtown Edmonton.
We were happy with our stay!

• Liked — Beds very comfortable and the cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Lethbridge, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2008

I stayed in the Delta Centre Suite again this past week. All totalled over the past 8 years, I spent close to a year there when I was temporarily working in Edmonton. It's become like a second home to me. The staff are always friendly. I've never stayed at a hotel where the staff greet you whenever you come in. Even the housekeeping staff greet you when they see you and I was greeted warmly by staff in the restaurant, some of whom were still there from my last visit a year ago, and remembered me!!!! The hotel is downtown and, like any inner city, there are problems down there - after dark. The hotel is in the mall, so it's self contained. You can go shopping, dine, go to the movies or mall walk, all without leaving the property, if you don't feel safe. It has indoor access to the LRT and has walkways linking to other stores. I was there by myself and didn't feel like I was in danger when I walked to some of the neat restaurants that were within a block or two of the hotel. I found the rooms to be clean - much cleaner than some I'd stayed in - and comfortable. If I've ever had a problem in the hotel, it was resolved immediately upon my bringing it to the attention of the front desk clerks. If I needed directions, the front desk staff were extremely helpful. It can be a little pricey for some, but there are always specials, if you're flexible with dates. My stays at this Delta Hotel have always been pleasant and a positive experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Price would deter me
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Bargain-hunter5
Woodinville, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

Love the location and free internet. The bed was squeaky! Every time you turn, it squeaks. The carpet was dirty. Had to buy some slippers to avoid bare feet on the carpet. Parking fee was not disclosed at the time of booking. They recently changed their policy. Costed $20/day. Parking at the same lot without going thru the hotel cost $10/day. Found out after committing to the hotel rate. Fire alarm went off twice. Once at around 9pm; once in the middle of the nite 3-4am. If we stay there again, it is because of the location. Would not recommand it for people that looks for clean room and trouble-free stay.

• Liked — Location. Free internet.
  • Disliked — Cleaniess. Parking.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tmelon

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Maple Ridge, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2007

This hotel is in a great location for people passing through or wanting to be somewhere central.. We took teh $20 upgrade to the delta room with the signature bed and decor and it was so worth it. huge plush duvet, wonderful bed, beautiful, spacious room, it was great! There are lots of amenities close by and there is a starbucks downstairs and a nice lounge. The family style restaurant had great food but a very limited menu.
Parking is also tight, confusing and can be non-exisitent if there are weddings or events during your stay.
Otherwise a nice hotel and you dont even notice the highway noise!

• Liked — The beds!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gloabl
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2007

This Delta needs some work. I was placed in a standard room and the internet did not work. I was upgraded into a one bedroom suite; however it is something out of the 70's. Plastic lights from the ceiling, carpet is dirty, and the old popcorn ceilings. No outside windows, you overlook the mall court yard. The mall is quite big with lots of stores, however the food courts all close at 17:30 so get down there early. The Delta advertises the Jacuzzi hot tubs; however you wouldn't catch me in one of these 20 year old tubs. I went to the front desk and asked to buy stamps and was told they don't sell anything at the desk. My advice for the price stay somewhere else that is more modern.

• Liked — Size of Room
  • Disliked — Old and needs updating
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business