“Dirty, Old, Needs renovating and regular upkeep.”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #50 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Dirty, Old, Needs renovating and regular upkeep.”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Delta Edmonton center suite.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the rooms. To say the least, I took pictures.

I booked a room with a king size bed and what the description said had a jacuzzi tub (can't tell you how excited I was to use the tub after a day of traveling)

So, upon entering the room, the first thing that I notice is that it's smoking hot. I fiddle with thermostat and notice no change in air flow or coolness. Ok, I can probably make do. I just want a soak right now. So I go into the bathroom and am greeted not with a tub but with a small stand up shower that has a BROKEN shower head that is being held together by black ELECTRICAL TAPE!! (Can you be any cheaper! A new shower head is not that costly!) Wow, at this point I'm freaking out a little, it's hot, I'm tired and I'm thinking I should've have booked at the Fairmont (after all it was almost the same price).

So, I call down and tell the front desk that I was supposed to have a tub in my room and that the A/C is not functioning. They promptly tell me that the hotel is at full capacity but they will try to find me something else.
They call me back and move me to another room with a queen size bed and tub.

Now, let me tell you how disgusted I was with this room. First of all, there were giant stains all over the carpet. I was too disgusted to take my shoes off and left them on right up until I went to bed. I checked out the tub and was also disappointed, the tub was on its last last legs, chips were taken out of it, and there were some funky looking dried up puddles on the bottom of the tub. The shower curtain didn't even have all it's hooks on to hold it up. It was too late and I was too tired to call the Fairmont to see if they had any availability or I would've left. I've never stayed in such a TRASHY hotel on business before.
I spoke with the night manager the next day to express my disappointment with the rooms.

I don't know if it was just that the hotel was fully booked and I ended up with the crappy left overs or if all their rooms are like this. But they seriously need to clean and update their rooms. Because for what they are charging its a disgrace.

• Stayed September 2013
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
It was very disappointing to review your comments about your recent stay with us; we will not take this matter lightly. The team has reviewed your feedback and we will follow up internally on this.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Don’t expect too much. This is a simple business hotel but nice and quiet. Check in and check out were fast with polite receptionists. Our room was big and clean overlooking to the shopping mall but I didn’t care about it as it was quiet. First night I had a light dinner in Cocoa Restaurant and I enjoyed it. There is a small gym with cardio equipment but the rest of the installation is not very female friendly. But it’s OK for a quick training. The bathtub was very old and worn and I think it wasn’t really clean. There is free WIFI in the room but during my 3 nights totally unavailable. I was told that the Hotel will be renovated from next January.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We arrived at the Delta Edmonton Centre Hotel for 3 nights with great expectations but oh what a disappointment. On arrival we were greeted by a very nice young lady on reception, but on reaching our room when we walked in it was pitch dark the curtains were drawn and we struggles to find a light switch, to be honest we weren't expecting the room to look out on to a shopping mall but that was our mistake. The room was very large with 2 double beds, but we couldn't believe it when we found that there were no comfortable arm chairs in the room or a table, and the only place to sit was on the beds. When we went in to the bathroom oh dear what a shock, there was wall paper coming off the walls and the bath was absolutely disgusting it made my skin crawl. I did speak to a nice lady who was obviously part of the housekeeping staff, she said yes the room was in need of renovation, she sent a lady to re-clean the bath but it didn't make the slightest difference it was chipped and stained. We went down to reception and asked a gentleman if it was possible to have some arm chairs in the room, he looked at me as though I was an alien and said he would have to ask maintenance. When we got back to our room later what a shock we had two office chairs on wheels sitting there, not exactly my idea of comfortable arm chairs. On the plus side the beds were very clean and comfortable, but I didn't feel I wanted to spend much time in the room with it being so dark and uncomfortable which was a shame as the temperature outside was 32 degrees so staying out too long wasn't an option as we don't like it too hot. I definitely won't be staying there again, a friend offered to get us a room in another nearby hotel unfortunately our whole trip was prepaid in the UK before departure so we couldn't check out a go somewhere else.
The lady working on reception was very helpful about public transport in the city.

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 445, I understand some rooms have been renovated so check before accepting a r...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for your very detailed feedback. We will review this internally with our hotel team.

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Alberta
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We've stayed at this hotel numerous times throughout the year. We love the staff, location and accommodations. The beds are comfortable, and we always have wonderful sleeps! Best of all, they allow pets!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
wrexham
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel is so laid back. Yes something from the 70’s but clean. The jet bath, fab. breakfast good value, all you can eat at Cocoa,s. Edmonton itself really run down. Walked to Dawson Park, really unkept, litter, fly tipping, disgrace. What a let down. Kellys bar though made up for it. Wpoud recommend this hotel the bed and pillows scrumshocious

Room Tip: Delta suite
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked a 1 bdrm suite, central location to attend the 3 day Edmonton Folk Festival, but the furnishings and rooms look tired and dated. Would consider another downtown hotel or stay with friends next year

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MichaelDEC, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback; we will review this internally.
Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Overall, the hotel was perfect for our business trip. Our team stays there every week and we are a large corporate client. What put me off to the place was the waitress who gave us a bill when we had a voucher for free breakfast. She had the nerve to tell me on the way out that there was a 'service charge' - in front of her manager. When I asked her how much it was, she replied, "It's up to you.". Considering that she never served anything to myself nor to my colleague, it was down right rude to imply that a service charge was levied upon us. Ironically, out of sheer goodness of heart, she was not aware that I had left a tip along with my colleague at the table. I'll be there every week because my company makes us stay there, but I will not be asking her to serve my team. Travelers, you have been warned!

• Stayed September 2013