Delta Edmonton center suite.
I was thoroughly disappointed with the quality of the rooms. To say the least, I took pictures.
I booked a room with a king size bed and what the description said had a jacuzzi tub (can't tell you how excited I was to use the tub after a day of traveling)
So, upon entering the room, the first thing that I notice is that it's smoking hot. I fiddle with thermostat and notice no change in air flow or coolness. Ok, I can probably make do. I just want a soak right now. So I go into the bathroom and am greeted not with a tub but with a small stand up shower that has a BROKEN shower head that is being held together by black ELECTRICAL TAPE!! (Can you be any cheaper! A new shower head is not that costly!) Wow, at this point I'm freaking out a little, it's hot, I'm tired and I'm thinking I should've have booked at the Fairmont (after all it was almost the same price).
So, I call down and tell the front desk that I was supposed to have a tub in my room and that the A/C is not functioning. They promptly tell me that the hotel is at full capacity but they will try to find me something else.
They call me back and move me to another room with a queen size bed and tub.
Now, let me tell you how disgusted I was with this room. First of all, there were giant stains all over the carpet. I was too disgusted to take my shoes off and left them on right up until I went to bed. I checked out the tub and was also disappointed, the tub was on its last last legs, chips were taken out of it, and there were some funky looking dried up puddles on the bottom of the tub. The shower curtain didn't even have all it's hooks on to hold it up. It was too late and I was too tired to call the Fairmont to see if they had any availability or I would've left. I've never stayed in such a TRASHY hotel on business before.
I spoke with the night manager the next day to express my disappointment with the rooms.
I don't know if it was just that the hotel was fully booked and I ended up with the crappy left overs or if all their rooms are like this. But they seriously need to clean and update their rooms. Because for what they are charging its a disgrace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 7 minutes from everything…The Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is ideally located in the heart of downtown Edmonton within the City Centre Shopping Mall. Featuring pedway connections to the subway, 2 other shopping centres, the Shaw Conference Centre and 17 office towers the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is just 7 minutes from everything. Just steps away from Sir Winston Churchill Square, City Hall and the heart of the Arts District we are right next door to internationally recognized festivals such as the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, Jazz Festival, Street Performers Festival, and Taste of Edmonton. If festivals are not your thing, the same area boasts cultural locations such as the Alberta Art Gallery, Winspear Theatre and Citadel Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Edmonton Centre Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Delta
- Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites Alberta