“Blood on my sheets”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #49 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
“Blood on my sheets”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Instead of writing a review, I've copied my letter that was sent to the manager of this hotel. I was less than impressed.

I need to take this moment to express my extreme dissatisfaction in my recent stay (Dec. 5) at the delta center hotel. As you know my experience was not pleasant in any way and I was now forced to find somewhere else to stay for the remainder of my business trip.

This morning I woke to notice a blood stain on my bed sheets, unbelievable that I would find something like this. However after some "investigation" and a self inspection determined this stain was not mine, the housekeeper also verified the stain as "old". I am amazed that something like this slipped through your housekeeping process. I was absolutely disgusted by this and vow to never stay at your location again.

Adding to this the room above mine was constantly walking around until all hours in the morning and woke me up countless times through the night. This is not your fault however it does stack onto the quality stay I had.

On another note, I woke up shivering a number of times and couldn't getter thermostat to kick in even though I had it at 25-27. I didn't know the room had two complete zones and the living room had the air conditioning on low keeping that room at 17 or so (found this out this morning on my way out).

One final note. I placed a phone call last night at around 8:03 pm letting your hotel know that I couldn't make my reservation and that I needed to stop and rest somewhere else. The roads from Grande Prairie were extremely poor and I was too exhausted to continue. I asked your attendant if he could cancel my reservation and he told me that the policy is in place. He stated that others had asked with the same concern and he would not cancel and refund their money, so he couldn't with me.

Considering there were countless vehicles in the ditch, visibility was limited to 10' and they police report didn't advise travel on these roads, couldn't your hotel exercise a little grace to patrons in extenuating circumstances? I consider this very poor service in forcing me to arrive late, exhausted, sleep a bit before I have to get up and resume my business fatigued due to a hotel that wouldn't refund my reservation.

Overall I slept about 4 hours due to all events listed, and slept on bloodied sheets, in a cold room with noise above. I don't believe anyone should ever have to deal with this. I simply cannot ever recommend this hotel to any colleagues or others, even on trip advisor or other sites for that matter.

• Stayed December 2012
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Please accept my most sincere apologies. As indicated, you did bring this up at the hotel level.

I would like to again extend our most sincere apologies and hope that our front office manager's contact and resolution with you was to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your business. It is appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

Really great for business travellers, with the separate living room, but the walls were a bit thin and I could hear the neighbours TV in my bedroom. Clean, and very convenient. I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback.

It is always a pleasure reading the words "I will be back" and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Sherwood Park, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Spent two nights here in upgraded suite. Large clean and comfortable. Excellent value for the SS with AMA rate. Would recommend for a downtown location. Parking is extra which isn't included. Connected to large shopping area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience.

I have shared your comments with the team at the hotel and I am sure they will be quite appreciative knowing that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

Your business is truly apprecatiated. Thank you.
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Started off with difficulty finding a place to park to unload bags. Checked in. Walking to room hallways were littered with old food trays. Suite was spacious, with dated decor. Bathtub needs to be replaced and there were long black hairs all over it (disgusting). The lighting options were poor; too bright. No fan in the bathroom either. The pillows were lumpy and the mattress was soft and sagged. The bedroom has wall to ceiling windows and you can hear the street noise, which is quite a bit being right downtown. The walls are not very sound proof. First night there was a party going on in the next room. Called to complain and asked that they send some one up (they were going to call the room!) to tell the people to quiet down at 1:30 a.m. Next night was kept up because the new room tenants had the TV on. The TV is right against the wall where our head board was (poor planning). It wasn't overly loud, it's just that the walls are paper thin. So we couldn't complain and just had to wait until the people went to bed. Then at 6 a.m. someone decided to vacuum! The only positive I have is that the staff were friendly and responsive. However, I would not recommend this hotel and am just sorry that when my spouse booked he didn't check the reviews on trip advisor 1st - live and learn, I guess!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the detailed review. While I will not comment on each concern individually, rest assured that I have shared them with the Director of Rooms and Director of Food and Beverage and they will follow up with their teams accordingly.

We have had a few reviews now mentioning the same items over the same time period so it will assist us in narrowing down where we need to focus our follow up efforts.

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is in desperate need of an upgrade. My room featured a beige jetted tub right out of the 80s, complete with brass fixtures. The room was oddly laid out, with a huge, useless walk-in closet, and 80s light fixtures hanging from the ceiling.

The bed was adequate, but that's about it. It was also not a particularly soundproof room, as I could hear everything going on in the hallways as well as the freight elevator next to me. A definite disappointment.

The central location is good, but parking is $23 a day. Free wifi was a nice touch, though, and it worked well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback . It is appreciated.

We are aware that there are areas of our property in need of some touching up and your review will assist us as we prioritize those areas.
Calgary
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Where to start ..... stayed there for 5 days for business , the accessibility is awful, being in a mall they use the same entrance as the mall, nice design! you cant even park out front to unload your stuff without fighting with people waiting for mall shoppers. there was one small door to try and get your bags and stuff through while fighting with shoppers going through it was well , as the revolving door was broken. The Lobby looked nice but that's where it ended. Line up to get on one of two elevators because of course one was broken and no stair access. Rooms are dated and wore out , things ripped , buttons missing off pillows, nasty dust bunnies under and on top of places, furniture damaged with stains on carpet. Bed was a comfortable pillow top . The bathroom was in pretty rough shape with only an updated vanity. The bath tub looked like it was from the 70's all spider cracked and even the safety bar had been sawed off with a hack saw lol it just felt kinda gross using the shower . For some reason they only give you 2 small bath towels and that was it, most hotels give at least 4 and they were like sand paper too, rough old bleached to death towels . light switches were all wore out and loose and kinda had an old unsafe feel to clicking it like "am i going to get electrocuted "? the window is floor to ceiling and ours was an inside view of the bay, kinda neat i guess with one way glass. TV was an ancient 27" tube that made a buzzing noise with Nintendo 64 , like serious ? no flat screen, umm its 2012. It had a small fridge on the floor and a work table and chair with some crap spilled on it that took the stain off the wood . The chair seat was disgusting so didn't sit in it .There is a gym with full modern equipment and jacuzzi but of course it to was broken to lol . The hotel restaurant food was rather gross so don't bother. and watch out for certain people smoking littering and asking you for money and hassling you right out side the doors. Any mentioning problems to the front desk staffers fell on a Sarcastic " yes we know !" back at you about everything.
Don't waste your money a Super 8 is 10 times the hotel. The Delta Chain should really be embarrassed by this train wreak of a hotel it deserves about a 2 star rating

Room Tip: Ya stay at a different hotel lol
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
I am sorry that you did not like our property. It is certainly never our intention to leave guests with a bad impression.

Thank you for your business and for sharing your review. It will assist us in our efforts to improve.
Orleans, Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Heads up, if you are flying into Edmonton, be prepared for a $60 cab ride (35 mins or so) into downtown Edmonton. This hotel was built three deacades ago and needs an upgrade. The suite rooms are massive but tired and both my colleague and myself were appalled by the filth of both or our bathrooms ... each tub needed a massive coat of vim and elbow grease, the glasses were dirty and the toilet rim underneath my seat had clearly not been cleaned in a few days.

I did not try the Cocoa restaurant but was pleased with the food provided in the Conference are for a half-day symposium that included continental breakfast and a soup, salad, and sandwich lunch. As well the conference room was very functional with free WIFI throughout.

The gym on the fourth floor contains 2 treadmills, 2 elipiticals and 2 stationary bikes along with 5 weight machines and free weights with attached co-ed whirlpool and sauna. The hotel is also attached to a 3 level shopping mall. Service staff from front desk to housekeeping with whom I interacted were all friendly and professional.

Would stay here again if was attending a conference on-site but would try the Westin or Fairmont on future trip for other business or pleasure.

1 Thank WJR-041
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I have shared your review with our Director of Rooms and executive housekeeper as well as the food and beverage director so that they may follow up with their teams internally.