Instead of writing a review, I've copied my letter that was sent to the manager of this hotel. I was less than impressed.
I need to take this moment to express my extreme dissatisfaction in my recent stay (Dec. 5) at the delta center hotel. As you know my experience was not pleasant in any way and I was now forced to find somewhere else to stay for the remainder of my business trip.
This morning I woke to notice a blood stain on my bed sheets, unbelievable that I would find something like this. However after some "investigation" and a self inspection determined this stain was not mine, the housekeeper also verified the stain as "old". I am amazed that something like this slipped through your housekeeping process. I was absolutely disgusted by this and vow to never stay at your location again.
Adding to this the room above mine was constantly walking around until all hours in the morning and woke me up countless times through the night. This is not your fault however it does stack onto the quality stay I had.
On another note, I woke up shivering a number of times and couldn't getter thermostat to kick in even though I had it at 25-27. I didn't know the room had two complete zones and the living room had the air conditioning on low keeping that room at 17 or so (found this out this morning on my way out).
One final note. I placed a phone call last night at around 8:03 pm letting your hotel know that I couldn't make my reservation and that I needed to stop and rest somewhere else. The roads from Grande Prairie were extremely poor and I was too exhausted to continue. I asked your attendant if he could cancel my reservation and he told me that the policy is in place. He stated that others had asked with the same concern and he would not cancel and refund their money, so he couldn't with me.
Considering there were countless vehicles in the ditch, visibility was limited to 10' and they police report didn't advise travel on these roads, couldn't your hotel exercise a little grace to patrons in extenuating circumstances? I consider this very poor service in forcing me to arrive late, exhausted, sleep a bit before I have to get up and resume my business fatigued due to a hotel that wouldn't refund my reservation.
Overall I slept about 4 hours due to all events listed, and slept on bloodied sheets, in a cold room with noise above. I don't believe anyone should ever have to deal with this. I simply cannot ever recommend this hotel to any colleagues or others, even on trip advisor or other sites for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 7 minutes from everything…The Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is ideally located in the heart of downtown Edmonton within the City Centre Shopping Mall. Featuring pedway connections to the subway, 2 other shopping centres, the Shaw Conference Centre and 17 office towers the Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel is just 7 minutes from everything. Just steps away from Sir Winston Churchill Square, City Hall and the heart of the Arts District we are right next door to internationally recognized festivals such as the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, Jazz Festival, Street Performers Festival, and Taste of Edmonton. If festivals are not your thing, the same area boasts cultural locations such as the Alberta Art Gallery, Winspear Theatre and Citadel Theatre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Edmonton Centre Hotel Edmonton
- Edmonton Delta
- Delta Edmonton Centre Suite Hotel
- Delta Hotels By Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites Alberta