“Delta Edmonton Centre” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #47 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary
“Delta Edmonton Centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend. We booked our hotel via kayak and got a really great price for a normal room and for a few more dollars a suite as well. When we arrived we asked that our 2 rooms be together as well as another persons who was joining us the next night. Our request was granted and all our rooms were now upgraded to suites. The parking was cheaper (in same lot) if you just paid the attendant instead of the hotel which the hotel told us. Our rooms were spacious and lovely. We were attached to a mall which our teenagers loved with restaurants and a theatre in the mall. The staff was great and we had a fantastic weekend in a really nice place for a great deal :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
I was pleased to read that you and your family enjoyed the over all services of the hotel as well as the close by amenities.

I have shared your comments with both the mall and the team at the hotel as I am sure all will be very appreciative.

Thank you for you staying with us and for taking the time to submit your feedback. It is very much appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed here as my husband went in for laser eye surgery. When we got there, they asked what brought us to their hotel, so we let them know that we were there for the surgery, and would be needing a quiet hotel with no interruptions. Once they knew why we were there, they upgraded our room to a suite with a living area, small kitchen, and closed off bedroom with a king size bed! They also told us about getting a good rate on the parking, as it's rather pricey if you pay the entire fee at the gate when leaving the hotel (it's cheaper if you pay the flat rate through the hotel during the week, then pay at the gate for weekend parking). We needed a microwave for our room (for baby food), and one of the cleaners was nice enough to go get one for us and set it up in our room (no charge). Staying there was great for myself and our baby, as the hotel is attached to a large mall, so there was lots for us to do. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you are having laser eye surgery done (Lasik is about 20ft away from the hotel doors).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Please accept my sincere thanks for taking the time to provide such a detailed review and thank you for giving us five stars as well.

We do quite a bit of business with patients of the clinic next door so I was pleased to read that our offerings were what you expected. I will pass this along to them as well as the team at the hotel as I am sure everyone will be very happy to read about such a positive experience.

Thank you for your business and I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again for a bit more relaxation the next time you are in Edmonton.
Red Deer, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed at the Delta on a recent weekend. The suite we had was quite large but the carpet and furnishings were quite drab and the walls bare of any decoration. The bathroom was very dated and shabby. I was quite surprised as the lobby area was lovely and the staff very helpful in ensuring we had made the most economical choice for parking. We stayed for brunch on Sunday and it was fine. We had brought our swimsuits and were disappointed they did not have a pool. The accommodation itself is quite spacious and with a little investment from Delta the rooms could be quite elegant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

We are currently prioritizing the areas of need in our property and reviews such as yours go a long way as we go through that process.

Thank you again and your business is appreciated.
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I used the Delta as a stop-over hotel on a trip to Northeastern Alberta to visit our son. We booked this property online not knowing anything about it. We have stayed in Delta properties before and as such I am a Delta Privledge member. Rate for the nite was reasonable. The hotel is in the heart of downtown Edmonton, sitting above the City Centre Mall. Theres not much parking at the front of the hotel although it uses a parkade right near for private and valet parking. Check-in went very smooth. Lots of staff. We were upgraded to a Queen suite due to my member priveldge. We had asked for a high floor, out facing room for more lite as the in facing rooms have little outside lite. We were given what we had asked for. Stayed on the 6th floor. View was OK. It was a little suite, pull out couch, chair, wet bar, mini fridge(empty), flat screen TV.Bathroom standard ammenities but with a jetted tub, nice touch. It had a separate bedroom which was nice. Lots of large windows, good light but curtains that were heavy enough to darken room at nite. The room was spotless, no issues there. It was a good quiet nights est. No loud guests, but the noise of downtown at times, if you are a light sleep may cause you issues, sirens that sort of thing. We didn't use the resuarant but did try Cocoas lounge. There nachos are to die for, and the price was very reasonable. Looked at the menu and it seemed somewhat limited, but prices seemed reasonable. Thats not a hugh issue as you are downtown and if you choose to go out there are many restuarants in the immediate area. Check-out was smooth althougn we had to wait longer than expected to get our car through valet service. Slight problem with that but we took it up with the hotel so I'll not mention it on the review. If your interested PM me. Overall a good stay for a reasonable dollar amount. Would we stay again, yes absolutly.

Room Tip: If you want a bright room ask for outside facing room, higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bergerman
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Good Afternoon,

First of all, thank you for the great detail provided in your review. It is very important to us that we get as much information as possible for follow up purposes so it is appreciated.

Specifically, I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the rooms, service, location of the hotel and the Nachos. We just relaunched our lounge menus so I’ve not yet had an opportunity to try them so will make a point of it now. I have shared your review with the team at the hotel as I know they will be very appreciative of your comments.

Finally, I am unable to PM you but would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your parking and specifically valet comments. My name is Steven Walton and I am the Director of Sales and Marketing. My email can be found on our website in the contact us section.

Thank you for your business and again, please accept my most sincere thanks for providing such a detailed review. It is very much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

4 star? I'm not sure it's quite there but definitely close. Everything is great about this hotel except for the service and rooms. So actually not everything is great. First of all probably about half of the rooms don't have windows to outside. My collegue was given a room with a window overlooking the hallway. What a view! then she was moved to a window into the mall. Me? I was lucky enough to score a room with an outside view thankfully! We were in a one bedroom suite which to their credit was HUGE so I was pleased. Cleanliness was really good as well. I ordered breakfast 2 days and both times they were late by 15-20 minutes or more, making me late for my meetings. I was not impressed to say the least. This is unacceptable when you have ordered the meal the night before! I was going to order dinner too, but they seemed to be out of everything I asked for so I took my business elsewhere. I had a 3rd party credit card form filled out for my stay, but it declined and they charged my personal card instead. I later found out that they had entered in the wrong experation date. Thanks guys. All in all, this hotel is good, but service could be improved...I would not reccomemend only because you have about a 75% chance of getting a room with a window overlooking the lovely hallway. that's the only reason I would not give this hotel another chance. Location wise it was good. I mean you're right in a mall, one stop shop!

Room Tip: Make sure you request an outside window!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the detailed review.

As we are located in a mall we do have inside facing rooms that overlook the mall. The windows are one way (cannot see in) and they do get a fair bit of sunlight due to the large sky dome in the atrium. We also have outside facing rooms that look into the city so if that is your preference I encourage you to request one the next time you are with us.

With regards to the hallway facing rooms, we do have 2 of these on every floor. (8 total of 169 rooms)

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some your service encounters and the size of the guestroom however I have shared the challenges you faced with the departments mentioned. It is always appreciated to get constructive feedback as it assists us in our efforts to continually improve our services. Thank you for sharing them.

Again, please accept my thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and also for your business. They are both truly appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spend a weekend at this hotel, at the City Centre Mall in Edmonton and we had a nice welcome, our room was very clean and quiet and we enjoyed staying at this nice hotel.

Room Tip: ASk for a hotel far from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience. They are truly appreciated.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the conveniences of our location as well as the overall guestroom product while you were with us.

Thank you again and I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again the next time you are in Edmonton.

Warm regards,

Cambridge Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Room was nice, people were lovely, food was good until I pulled a long, dirty fingernail out of my mouth after realizing it was in my salad. Ugh.

And what did I get for that? A comped salad and chocolate covered strawberries. Totally not what I was expecting out of such an expensive hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your feedback but most importantly please accept my most sincere apologies for your in room dining experience. You are certainly accurate in that you should expect far more out of our property than what you received.

I have shared your comments with our food and beverage director so that he can follow up with his team accordingly.

Thank you for your business and again, I am sorry for the in room dining challenge.