“Clean and comfortable but totally weird”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #51 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean and comfortable but totally weird”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

4 star? I'm not sure it's quite there but definitely close. Everything is great about this hotel except for the service and rooms. So actually not everything is great. First of all probably about half of the rooms don't have windows to outside. My collegue was given a room with a window overlooking the hallway. What a view! then she was moved to a window into the mall. Me? I was lucky enough to score a room with an outside view thankfully! We were in a one bedroom suite which to their credit was HUGE so I was pleased. Cleanliness was really good as well. I ordered breakfast 2 days and both times they were late by 15-20 minutes or more, making me late for my meetings. I was not impressed to say the least. This is unacceptable when you have ordered the meal the night before! I was going to order dinner too, but they seemed to be out of everything I asked for so I took my business elsewhere. I had a 3rd party credit card form filled out for my stay, but it declined and they charged my personal card instead. I later found out that they had entered in the wrong experation date. Thanks guys. All in all, this hotel is good, but service could be improved...I would not reccomemend only because you have about a 75% chance of getting a room with a window overlooking the lovely hallway. that's the only reason I would not give this hotel another chance. Location wise it was good. I mean you're right in a mall, one stop shop!

Room Tip: Make sure you request an outside window!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for the detailed review.

As we are located in a mall we do have inside facing rooms that overlook the mall. The windows are one way (cannot see in) and they do get a fair bit of sunlight due to the large sky dome in the atrium. We also have outside facing rooms that look into the city so if that is your preference I encourage you to request one the next time you are with us.

With regards to the hallway facing rooms, we do have 2 of these on every floor. (8 total of 169 rooms)

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed some your service encounters and the size of the guestroom however I have shared the challenges you faced with the departments mentioned. It is always appreciated to get constructive feedback as it assists us in our efforts to continually improve our services. Thank you for sharing them.

Again, please accept my thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and also for your business. They are both truly appreciated.

Steven Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

We spend a weekend at this hotel, at the City Centre Mall in Edmonton and we had a nice welcome, our room was very clean and quiet and we enjoyed staying at this nice hotel.

Room Tip: ASk for a hotel far from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience. They are truly appreciated.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed the conveniences of our location as well as the overall guestroom product while you were with us.

Thank you again and I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again the next time you are in Edmonton.

Warm regards,

Cambridge Bay, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Room was nice, people were lovely, food was good until I pulled a long, dirty fingernail out of my mouth after realizing it was in my salad. Ugh.

And what did I get for that? A comped salad and chocolate covered strawberries. Totally not what I was expecting out of such an expensive hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for sharing your feedback but most importantly please accept my most sincere apologies for your in room dining experience. You are certainly accurate in that you should expect far more out of our property than what you received.

I have shared your comments with our food and beverage director so that he can follow up with his team accordingly.

Thank you for your business and again, I am sorry for the in room dining challenge.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

The Delta Edmonton City Centre is by far the better choice. Staff were friendly, helpful and capable. The rooms are quite nice and the bathroom fixtures all worked. The staff were very pet friendly but there were no amenities for our dogs, which was a puzzle.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right beside the elevators unless you need that proximity. Otherwise, the rooms seemed q...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Please accept my sincere thanks for the four star rating. It is always a pleasure reading reviews such as yours and I will certainly pass your comments along to the team.

I would also like to mention that you raise a good point about being pet friendly but not having pet amenities. I have shared your comments with the front office team as I am sure we can get a few regularly requested items to service some of our four legged guests.

Thank you for your business.

Sincerely Yours,

Director, Sales and Marketing
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel twice and enjoyed the roominess of the suites each time. These rooms are great as they provide the option of a separate living area which includes a desk and television with a sofa and chair. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and courteous.
The hotel is attached to the City Centre Mall and some of the rooms overlook the mall. Being connected to the mall is very convenient as one can stay indoors and have easy access to shopping and restaurants. This downtown location is within walking distance to many amenities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a convenient and fun downtown accommodation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gillbarr
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the access our hotel provides to the many amenities you describe.

Your business is very much appreciated and I hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in Edmonton.

Warm regards,
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel for those traveling on business. Outstanding was the service given by staff at all levels. One got the feeling that they really cared about pleasing you and attending to your needs. Rooms were extremely comfortable and clean. The hotel is attached to the City Centre Shopping Centre, so there is always activity around with many nice restaurants and excellent shopping. Free wi-fi and a business centre made it possible to work at the hotel. Having stayed at several Edmonton properties, it is here that I will return for my next visit. The only negative I found was the restaurant, which could improve their menu and quality of food. Not bad, but could be better. However, what I value most is the service, and that is top notch. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: If you can secure one of the two-room suites, do so. Lots of room and the feeling of home.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I was happy to read all of the positive comments included in your review but would like to especially thank you for sharing your restaurant comments. While positive feedback is always appreciated, constructive feedback serves us in our efforts to continuously improve our services.

I have shared your comments with our food and beverage director so that he can address your concerns internally.

Thank you for your business and for your honesty. They are both very much appreciated.