“Great stay in the downtown area”

Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites
Ranked #52 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Calgary, Canada
“Great stay in the downtown area”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We got an upgraded room that was huge, the bathroom was kinda small.
Good spot to stay if you want to be close to downtown. Its also located in a mall which I thought was pretty cool.
The only bad thing is you had to pay $20 for parking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as our location. Thank you for choosing us!

With regards to parking, it is comparable to other downtown properties however I do understand that the charge can seem high if one is not used to staying at properties within the downtown core.

Thank you for your business and and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Warm regards,

Steven Walton
Director, Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 12, 2012

great location for access to downtown businesses connected to indoor network;
great food and bar experience;

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to complete your review. It is truly appreciated.

I have shared your comments with the team at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Warm Regards,
Fmm
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here again.....it is very convenient......right downtown, 7 minutes to Whyte Av, and close to a number of very good restaurants.

This is not the best rated hotel in Edmonton....but is is very clean, safe and the staff are VERY hospitable. I just go back again and again

Room Tip: Premier king deluxe suite
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed so many parts of your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with the team and it is always a pleasure to read about those times where our team and the hotel were able to offer our guests a great stay.

Thank you for your business and I hope that we will be able to welcome you to the hotel again soon.

Warmest regards,
Port Dover, Canada
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel probably for 15 or so years. The staff are great but the hotel is looking tired. The carpets, the furniatute, the elevators, actually the whole thing. The restaurant is boring and the service is so slow I get impatient.
They need a major upgrade. the location is good but that is the best thing that I can say.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Yesforscotland
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are aware that there are areas of our property in need of improvement and rest assured we are currently prioritizing our list for these upgrades.

We are always open to detailed feedback so thank you for providing as much detail as possible.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Located at central downtown area and adjacent to shopping centre. Huge room and very comfortable environment. Stay at weekend, the rate is cheap on weekend. Definitely is my choice if I need to stay at downtown Edmomton

• Stayed December 2011
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Thank you for the review. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your guestroom and that it was large enough.

I was also happy to read that you were able to take advantage of our location and its proximity to shopping and other amenities.

Thank you for your business! It is truly appreciated.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The Delta Centre Suite was a good hotel in the sense that it was centrally located for what I needed it for. It is connected to 5 malls (although to me, it seemed like one big mall) as well as the pedway. Very convenient, especially for the winter months!

I was upgraded upon arrival and was excited to see my room. I had some luggage with me and took me at least 3-4 minutes from the elevator to get to my room. The hotel is bigger than I realized. The room itself was a bit of a let down. Particularly the bathroom. It was dated, dark and was not inviting. The tub was a jet tub and looked like it had seen better days. The water pressure was low and would often change while I was showering. It took some time to get hot water and I was worried that while I was showering, it would run out. Needless to say, I was quick with my showers during my stay.

The bed itself was the highlight of the room. It was extremely comfortable and I slept great because of it. The room itself was so warm. There was the old style thermostat and another knob for the air conditioner. I lowered the temperature to at least 15 plus I added the AC but it didn't seem like it was actually on.

The staff that I dealt with were friendly enough. The front desk occasionally had apples but sometimes there was just one apple. If that's the case, and you have no intention of replenishing the basket, just remove the lone apple. It looks odd.

The gym was good and had the equipment that I needed. 2 treadmills, some weights, an elliptical and one other machine. I didn't test out the sauna or whirlpool.

Overall, the experience was ok. Thinking that it was a Delta, I was expecting a little more. It's a good hotel, but really needs some renovations to make it a little brighter in the entrance and the bathrooms are in a serious need of some revamping. It was clean and in a great location, which are also very important. Just don't expect to be overwhelmed by all that the hotel offers.

Room Tip: If you are going to be upgraded to a "jet suite", you might want to see the room first. M...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank sdigian
ResDeltaEdmCentre, Director of Sales at Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
Please accept my sincere thanks for not only providing your feedback but for also providing such detail.

We are aware that there are areas of our product that do require some updates and feedback such as yours does assist us as we go through the process of prioritizing.

I have shared your comments with the team at the hotel and would like to thank you for your business.
Fort McMurray, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Okay, so I sometimes stay 20 or more nights a year here, so they know me by now. Always a friendly greeeting, asking about my golf game, what have you. But truth is I have always been treated great at this all-suite hotel. We've had 600 square foot rooms, I've lived in smaller apartments. The beds are just the most comfortable I ever sleep in (this is true across their chain, I must find out where they get their beds so I can buy one.) There is an excellent restaurant on the third floor, especially great for weekend brunch.
Located in the City Cnetre Mall, you do not have to go outside to go shopping or attend the movie theatre right next door. This is a great feature during those cold Edmonton winters. The odd numbered rooms face into the atrium (you have a wall of glass overlooking this major interior space and the even numbered rooms face out ot the street scape with some nice views of the downtown skyline.
Mostly, I have enjoyed the peopel who work their, always very helpful and efficient, always looking out for me and doing all they can to help me with my issues. I am always thankful my friend Donald Scott told me about this fine reasonably priced hotel that has all the service and amenities that you need. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Odd nunmbered rooms face the interior atrium, evens face out ot the street and city view. Your choic...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Friartuck1
It is always a pleasure to read comments such as yours. Thank you!

I have shared your comments with our team and I am sure they will be very pleased to read that they have had such a positive impact on your experience with us.

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my most sincere thanks for taking the time to provide your review. It is truly appreciated.