“Great Hotel!”

Ranked #54 of 93 Hotels in Edmonton
Vermilion, Canada
“Great Hotel!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a great place to stay. It is quite central to all of Edmonton. It is close to Kingsway Garden Mall and the Municipal Airport. Has a Superstore right next to it. The hotel's rooms are clean, quite large, with a double sink outside of the bathroom/toilet area. There is no fridge. The breakfast is AMAZING! There is everything you can think of - bacon, sausages, French toast, waffles, potatoes, eggs, toast, yogurt, several kinds of cut-up fruit, three choices of juice and coffee. There is a lounge on the main floor with a piano that often has a pianist playing. Downstairs, there is a bar with lots of VLTs. There is no swimming pool or sauna.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights for a wedding and had a great time. We had a renovated king room and were very happy with it. Ours did not have a fridge, but our friends had the step up king room with a fridge, which had darker and more modern decor. Our room was was clean and quiet with white coloured furniture.

When we arrived after our 12 hour drive, we had the Italian buffet, where there was a man playing the accordion and someone cooked your pasta in front of you with whatever you wanted in it. Everything was excellent. The next morning, we had the complimentary breakfast which consisted of fresh fruit (pineapple, honeydew melon, cantaloupe, strawberries, etc - not the defrosted type, but really good fresh sliced fruit), bacon, pancakes, french toast, pastries, variety of cereal, juice, tea, coffee, and waffles. The breakfasts were consistently good, as were all of our other meals (buffet style or from the menu - the vegetables on herb gnocchi were excellent).

All the staff were pleasant and made you feel at home. The only thing that was wrong was that someone broke part of the weight machine in the fitness room (the pin to select different weights), so I notified the staff about it so they could fix it.

I would definitely come back if travelling to Edmonton again, as we enjoyed our stay and it had the best continental breakfast I ever had. My in-laws also stayed here, but they had an unrenovated smoking room (ours was non-smoking and more renovated). Their room was a little dated and smelled of smoke (obviously because people smoke in there), although it appeared clean enough.

We had a great time in the piano bar too where there is a nice baby grand, great service, and good drinks. I would definitely stay here again and would ask for a renovated room again, as I've read some not so good reviews on here about the unrenovated rooms. The only unrenovated room I saw was the smoking one (which I would never stay in as I am sensitive to smoke), so I'm not sure what the unrenovated non-smoking rooms are like first-hand.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glendon, Alberta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am not impressed at all. The room is not clean! At check in they changed the rate, as children over 12 are considered adults. It had no where on the website to state the ages of the children. I would not have stayed here if they were up front of the costs.

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Edmonton hotels

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was recommending this place for the food as the 4 course dinner specials were always a pleasant surprise at a reasonable price. Ate there recently and chef was away, so ordered from the standard menu. Meal was average, but I assumed it was due to being an off time. Went on my birthday to celebrate a special occasion and it took some convincing to get my wife to go because the place does not have the appearance of a fine dining room. I was told that they have not had the 4 course dinner for a few months now, so ordered off the dinner menu. The medium steak was similar to a tv dinner steak, but it was presented well with a peppercorn sauce and nice vegetable arrangement. The two china plates that came were not similar, which is not something one would expect at a top notch place. The lobster spring rolls were not good, which is all I can think to say. I went back and texted my friends retracting my early top recommendation. Prices are higher and quality is lower.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were recently in Edmonton and stayed at the hotel, as it was the site of the reunion.
The hotel was exceptionally clean and friendly, in every way. We needed an extra pillow, and when I spoke with the maids, I noticed they were working together well, and got the pillow to me very quickly. The halls, the rooms, the convention centre, the grounds, the public toilets in use in the events hall were spic and span.
We were given the requested renovated room, and it was very nice. My allergies didn't act up, so I know it was properly cleaned, with nonscented cleaners. As well, there was a small window that could be opened, which I really appreciated, as AC really bothers me. I would say though, that the tub faucet was not sturdy, and it was impossible to have all the water divert to the shower head. It didn't affect our stay, but this may be a problem in the future.
Our reunion dinner was wonderful, and much more than I expected. My only complaint would be that the peroghies weren't made by a Baba, lol. We thought the prime rib roast was exceptional, although all the offerings were tasty. The dessert table was expansive, and left out all night. There were hot coffee thermos's on the tables, so you could have when you wanted. The coffee was just right, and super hot, even later in the evening. The service staff was very good, constantly checking and cleaning. The catering manager came and talked to us personally to check on our experience - that was a first, and very welcome. The bartender was knowledgeable, and his cocktails were top rate.
We had the breakfast, too. I just had the make your own waffle, with whipped cream and real strawberries. It was heaven. I have no idea what hubby had, I was too enamored with my hot, toasty-crispy waffle! We were in a big group from the reunion, and I didn't hear any complaints, though.
The only common complaint would be that the waffle station is poorly placed. Because the plates are in that corner, if there are people lined up to make waffles, the breakfast line up gets backed up - people don't really realize they should just pass on to the other offerings.

We are having another reunion in two years. Please keep up the good job. We are looking forward to our next experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you make your own waffle at breakfast. There is no way to explain how yummy it is, you hav...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had our wedding at the conference centre and got a free night at the hotel. We were so impressed with the service we recieved that this is why we choose it. Our wedding turned out amazing because they new we were in charge and they made it perfect! Our hotel room was awesome! Got a jacuzzi rom with chocolate strawberries and champagne to finish our night off. We even enjoyed the breakfast! I would for sure go back to hotel and even boo more events at the conference centre!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed in there updated King deluxe room for a conference. Very nice!! Hard wood floors, king bed and lots of space. Some have jacuzzi tubs for small added cost. Great value. Quiet . Conference space excellent and very helpful staff. Lounge very relaxing with piano player thursday through saturday nights and cool salt water fish tank.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business